Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to say this Hunter Ensley set the tone for us in game one with that unbelievable catch.
Tonight he managed to top that with an equally unbelievable slid that proved to be the winning run!!
So freaking proud of this team🍊🍊🍊🍊🧡🧡🧡
The moral of the story is to be patient. Some in here wanted Hunter out of the lineup mid-season.

Rick is who you want to rebuild your program to get you good. He’s like a Mark Richt. Always good but doesn’t have that Pat Summitt/Nick Saban/Vitello/Kirby Smart relentlessness special sauce about him. That’s fine but that’s how it is. Tony Vitello is ELITE, Pat Summitt is ELITE…. There’s something different about them. You just see it on the recruiting trail, how they talk and what happens on the scoreboard
I don't know why you have to keep pushing this. Rick Barnes is a Hall of Fame coach. Basketball is different in a one game scenario. He took an awful situation and took us as far as the university has ever been. He's also in a different time in his life than Vitello. Also, the state of TN has great baseball. Basketball is a different animal. They are both great for our school, and Rick Barnes deserves everything he gets for what he's done.

Tony bout ready to climb Peyton lol. You gotta love having Peyton so involved

Think we can retire the Peyton Curse? How about the “traitor” narrative from SchianoGate? All this man has done since committing to and enrolling at UT is rep the institution in exemplary fashion and continually support ALL of the programs. Touching part of that image is his friendship with Tony. Another factoid that makes troll attempts of Vitello’s departure laughable.

I don't hate Kessling, he's a little vanilla for me. But he's solid. Problem is he'll never live up to the legend that came before him....... Not many out there capable.
He is not solid, not at all. His descriptions of plays are so, so bad.

"Deep pass complete for a 3 yard gain!"

"Pass complete to........................Hyatt on the right side." How far Bob? Did we get a first down?

Doesn't mention the score or down and distance nearly enough. Doesn't mention the formation hardly at all. He's objectively bad at the fundamentals of sports radio. Forget the subjective stuff like how exciting he is or not, he's subpar at his job and there are many, many out there who would be/would have been better.

Memphis has Ja and Desmond Bane.

Jaren Jackson Jr. Also.

Read Smart was on trading block along with Kennard.

Clingman may be Grizzlies target.
There is discussion of trying to pursue Clingan. But, the Grizzlies have needed a scoring 3 for a while. Vince Williams has come on, and he does a little but of everything. But, Knecht can thrive there. Then, they could get a 5 in free agency.

Our ranking is terrible but Michigan at 16 is wild. Is it relatively tame despite being a massive stadium? Never been there but I'd like to attend a game at some point.
Big (10) football games are loud at times but excluding Vandy, every SEC stadium is exponentially louder. Including The Big House and The Horseshoe. I've been to every original Big stadium and every SEC venue, so while my opinion is still subjective, I have a basis of comparison.

Hence my point. You hope these new guys are upgrades. Are they CT level?

I think the big and Lanier are huge upgrades. One of SG's will need to step up behind Lanier. Desperately need a mid range or 3 shooter.

We'll win games. Man, had Santi not hit a career slump, what coulda been.
Santi's shooting falling off is what the difference was..I really believe that if he had brought his normal offense to the team last year that we would have beaten the Fighting Mongo's, and given UConn a run for their money in the NC game.

I don't ever remember a really consistently good shooter just completely losing their shot like that..

And that didn't have a freaking thing to do with "system"...he just went ice cold for the whole freaking year.

Hence my point. You hope these new guys are upgrades. Are they CT level?

I think the big and Lanier are huge upgrades. One of SG's will need to step up behind Lanier. Desperately need a mid range or 3 shooter.

We'll win games. Man, had Santi not hit a career slump, what coulda been.
I don't think it can be talked about enough--- what could have been if Santi played at his first two seasons level last year... we'd have hung a banner... I truly think that would have been the difference... we essentially accomplished all that with him playing a small support role...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back