Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball players are a superstitious lot. They lost in the primary jerseys, won in the black and everyone who knows baseball knows you don't mess with a streak.
That is indeed what happened. And Danny White didn’t fight it and gave up his previous edict of wearing orange and white in title games. His prerogative. He’s a great AD. we won. Yeah! I’ve just pointed out that wearing Orange in ”big” games is no longer a given in any sport.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Sup Champs??

....I'm so far behind I may never catch up. quick question, has anyone posted the tweet where aggie fan asks "what is a Vol?" and reply is "your school isn't Mexico A&M is it?" or something like that?

I seent it elsewhere and can't find it and I needs it. Thanks for any help....you Champions you.
It was just texted to me…

1719426580234.jpeg

Baseball players are a superstitious lot. They lost in the primary jerseys, won in the black and everyone who knows baseball knows you don't mess with a streak.
That is indeed what happened. And Danny White didn’t fight it and gave up his previous edict of wearing orange and white in title games. His prerogative. He’s a great AD. we won. Yeah! I’ve just pointed out that wearing Orange in ”big” games is no longer a given in any sport.

Of course you did.
We won in black despite our AD previously saying we would only play national title games wearing Orange.
Whats a promise to a fan base when the players overrule you, I suppose.
We are now the Big Black and White.
Pantone 151 Orange is so old school.
it should be permanently replaced By Black.
heres hoping we change all of our uniforms to black and just use orange as an accent color
its what all the kids want…so, I’ve decided to stop fighting it and will embrace it.
Go Big Black!
Will now torch a full closet of Orange clothing. At least, black makes me look thinner.
1719426604067.gif

You obviously didn’t read all of my posts.
My bottom line is that I think the majority of our recruits and players would prefer playing in Black than Orange which is why we played in Black in the nat title game.
i see the change just as I saw the changes you mentioned.
ive read and even taught the book WHO MOVED MY CHEESE. I get change.
We will wear black (dark mode) more and more and eventually Black will be considered our primary color whether it’s a stated policy or not.
We didn't play in black because they liked it better. We played in black because you don't mess with a streak in baseball.

Stop being intentionally disingenuous and arguing in bad faith.

You obviously didn’t read all of my posts.
My bottom line is that I think the majority of our recruits and players would prefer playing in Black than Orange which is why we played in Black in the nat title game.
i see the change just as I saw the changes you mentioned.
ive read and even taught the book WHO MOVED MY CHEESE. I get change.
We will wear black (dark mode) more and more and eventually Black will be considered our primary color whether it’s a stated policy or not.
We did not wear black because the recruits would like it. What nonsense is that?

Basketball has never even played in black. They have a smokey grey alternate they've worn like once in the last 6 years. Football has worn black once a season for the last two seasons.

The only reason you notice it with baseball is the sheer number of games. They have white, white w/pinstripes (iirc), orange, cream, grey, and black jerseys. Some base colors with different scripts/fonts.

Btw, it's not just black. All these are black AND orange. You keep being hyperbolic and slippery slopey saying we're going to be black and white eventually. We won't. We are orange and white and we have black alternates that are bad*ss.

You sound like one of the Bama fans that refuses to get alternate uniforms. Get your slippers on grandpa its time to go to the bingo hall.

Yeah, he didn't override the players playing the game and force them into a uniform they didn't feel as confident in! What a piece of ****!

It's not like that was the game we needed to be our absolute best in in the HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM.

Not true.
there is no problem. Just stating what’s happening.
we are fast replacing orange with black as our primary color in recruiting photos, congratulatory photos, player preference, and now, in a national title game. Those are facts.
We aren't replacing orange when at least 11 of 13 games are in orange in football, and basketball didn't play in black or gray last year. As has been explained, black has been used in baseball for YEARS! It doesn't matter that black was used for a title game- it's one game. They played in white, orange, and cream in many more games.

You are just straight lying and being disingenuous but that’s not surprising. We didn’t wear black once in basketball this year. We don’t even HAVE an alternate black or grey jersey in basketball. In 13 football games this year, we wore black once. Track and field. No black unis. Softball? Pretty sure there weren’t black unis.

You are just lying. Bold faced lying.

A&M Transfer Portal

Brings the current list to:
  • RF Jace LaViolette
  • LF Caden Sorrell
  • 3B Gavin Grahovac
  • 2B Kaeden Kent
  • IF Jack Bell
  • DH Hayden Schott
  • C Max Kaufer
Starting position players we still haven't heard from:
  • C Jackson Appel
  • 1B Ted Burton
  • SS Ali Camarillo
  • RF Braden Montgomery
Drew Gilbert and Beam are hyping the VOLS.

You haven't answered my questions from earlier. Can you source this edict?

Not true.
there is no problem. Just stating what’s happening.
we are fast replacing orange with black as our primary color in recruiting photos, congratulatory photos, player preference, and now, in a national title game. Those are facts.
I mean if we are getting technical, wouldn't we be replacing white, not orange? Orange is featured in all of your examples.

Baseball requires a number of uniforms, over the years many alternates. Black was often used. It has been a staple of baseball uniforms for these over the years. Is been orange, white, black and more recently smokey gray.

It's a little different than football and even basketball. Tradition of black in baseball, where as in football and basketball it has not been until recently, except for very early uniform combos.

Oh my freaking Lord we won a national title not two days ago and we have the Miserables pearl clutching *checks notes* wearing black jerseys for the national title Game 3.
Yeah that’s cray cray. That said, much like a victim of capital crimes, some of our people are having trouble ridding their BVS. Be patient with them, hope is not lost.

He thinks they wanted to wear black two games in a row because they don't like the orange jerseys lmao

He honestly thinks they would rather have worn black than orange when it was 100 degrees both games because they wanted to look cooler and not because baseball players are superstitious and wanted to stick with the jerseys that "worked"

Since we were the home team, we technically would have worn white.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back