Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we sure that black has become our primary color? if you added up all of the jersey combos worn for every game in baseball, and across all sports, I think you would still find that orange has been and remains the primary color

every black alteration that has happened with our jerseys in the last 10 or so years has simply been replacing white with black. which I think makes the orange pop more as well and really accentuates our specific shade of orange.
I think it is fast becoming our primary color.
with recruits and current players, it is obvious they prefer black to orange.
i think you will see it being worn more and more.
also think lady Vols will be wearing more Summitt blue in the future instead of orange.
times they are a changin.

are we sure that black has become our primary color? if you added up all of the jersey combos worn for every game in baseball, and across all sports, I think you would still find that orange has been and remains the primary color

every black alteration that has happened with our jerseys in the last 10 or so years has simply been replacing white with black. which I think makes the orange pop more as well and really accentuates our specific shade of orange.
What he's doing is creating a straw man fallacy. Making up a problem that doesn't exist with facts that don't exist.

😂 😭

---
McElBoy still needs to lose his spot at ESPN for this. Unprofessional, flagrant bias, unhinged, dumb as a rock, lying cheapshot bruh. Everybody sees it.
He was having “personal problems”. Bet that poster who suggested his wife liked what she saw during the game has legs…twss. 😏

GRBBpWSXIAA9xF5
And he’s wearing black, not orange. I rest my case.

A&M Transfer Portal

Brings the current list to:
  • RF Jace LaViolette
  • LF Caden Sorrell
  • 3B Gavin Grahovac
  • 2B Kaeden Kent
  • IF Jack Bell
  • DH Hayden Schott
  • C Max Kaufer
Starting position players we still haven't heard from:
  • C Jackson Appel
  • 1B Ted Burton
  • SS Ali Camarillo
  • RF Braden Montgomery

What he's doing is creating a straw man fallacy. Making up a problem that doesn't exist with facts that don't exist.
Not true.
there is no problem. Just stating what’s happening.
we are fast replacing orange with black as our primary color in recruiting photos, congratulatory photos, player preference, and now, in a national title game. Those are facts.

I think it is fast becoming our primary color.
with recruits and current players, it is obvious they prefer black to orange.
i think you will see it being worn more and more.
also think lady Vols will be wearing more Summitt blue in the future instead of orange.
times they are a changin.
It's nowhere close to our primary color. Like not even remotely. But Baseball has been wearing black for decades. Black used to be a primary color at UT in all sports in the early 1900s before a shift to primary orange & white. Things always change, but the incorporation of black back into the pallette is ACTUALLY a reversion to history. Go back at look at UT football uniform history, or maybe don't... you might stroke out....

But honestly, suck it up! Some people like the "Woo" some don't. Stokely Gym doesn't exist anymore. Neyland used to not have any jumbotrons, now it has 2. The Rock used to be somewhere else on campus. Our baseball stadium used to only seat like 2k. And our baseball program used to be a joke. Things change.

Maybe you could write a strongly worded email to White and get all your feelings out. Recommend they send the trophy back. Maybe ask for him to resign. Really get it out of your system.

A&M Transfer Portal

Brings the current list to:
  • RF Jace LaViolette
  • LF Caden Sorrell
  • 3B Gavin Grahovac
  • 2B Kaeden Kent
  • IF Jack Bell
  • DH Hayden Schott
  • C Max Kaufer
Starting position players we still haven't heard from:
  • C Jackson Appel
  • 1B Ted Burton
  • SS Ali Camarillo
  • RF Braden Montgomery
Montgomery is draft eligible, he gone .

BOT was pushing it as a RULE. a MUST to get Top 5 classes to even have a chance at a title. the facts simply don't support that.

I am not saying elite recruiting doesn't help. I was pointing out when half of the top teams break your rule, your rule isn't a rule.

and I would argue OSU's schedule is a cake walk too. Only having to play Michigan and Penn State? We saw last year that Mizzou, and Ole Miss were better than them. We are always going to play a tough sled in the SEC adding Texas and OU doesn't dramatically change that, like adding Oregon and Washington/USC did to the Big I Can't Count. heck even UCLA who is mediocre raises the AVERAGE difficulty of that conference.

2022 showed that we don't have to have consistent Top 5, heck or even Top 10, to beat Bama. Winning a title always involves a bit of luck, stacking recruiting classes doesn't change that.

8-10 is a far cry from Top 5. and realistically being 12th vs 8th isn't much of a difference. One player will make the difference there, and with the random attrition of the season and the transfer portal that one player may not even play a down.

and further this ignores what the expanded playoff will do to the odds of making it in.
We aren’t gonna get top 5 classes anyway until we rack up a couple of wins vs the Bamas and UGAs, and/or a couple of playoff wins, which would likely involve the previous.
What’s encouraging is we’ve seen what this offense is when it clicks, and we’ve seen a Saban defense completely fail to stop it. With Nico beginning his career and elite QBs signed up for the foreseeable, we could have a high-powered offense for years to come.

I think there are a couple of deficiencies on the teams as of the last time I saw them play that prevent us from beating those teams. There’s a hundred reasons why that could be different this year, and the staff is building natural momentum as they stabilize and build the program year by year. But I don’t think we’re currently quite there, and that’s why I can’t say we don’t have to improve recruiting to get to the top. And I know that’s not what you said. But I’d also challenge that 8-10 is far from top 5 but 12 is not far from 8. If we move up to an average in that top 10 I do believe we will see a discernible difference, particularly in one or two position groups. And I’m very happy with what the staff is doing, don’t wanna give the impression I’m not, it just takes time.

BOT isn’t wrong in that the top 5 recruiting teams on average are the ones consistently in the position to win natties. What I don’t think he’s acknowledging is that’s not a feasible path for us yet. For the now, all we need is an outlier year. Many a dynasty built started with an outlier year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back