Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im Super Cereal Al Gore GIF - Im Super Cereal Al Gore South Park - Discover  & Share GIFs

Not true.
there is no problem. Just stating what’s happening.
we are fast replacing orange with black as our primary color in recruiting photos, congratulatory photos, player preference, and now, in a national title game. Those are facts.
Oh my bad, Slippery Slope Fallacy too

Reactions: A.Vol70
It's nowhere close to our primary color. Like not even remotely. But Baseball has been wearing black for decades. Black used to be a primary color at UT in all sports in the early 1900s before a shift to primary orange & white. Things always change, but the incorporation of black back into the pallette is ACTUALLY a reversion to history. Go back at look at UT football uniform history, or maybe don't... you might stroke out....

But honestly, suck it up! Some people like the "Woo" some don't. Stokely Gym doesn't exist anymore. Neyland used to not have any jumbotrons, now it has 2. The Rock used to be somewhere else on campus. Our baseball stadium used to only seat like 2k. And our baseball program used to be a joke. Things change.

Maybe you could write a strongly worded email to White and get all your feelings out. Recommend they send the trophy back. Maybe ask for him to resign. Really get it out of your system.
Maybe get the phone # from the guy who called last year about a player being overlooked by Tennessee.

Just press 1 and leave a message.

That’s just it.
im not crying.
im not angry
ive accepted it.
nothing i can do about it.
just tell me that Danny White did not promise that all sports under him would wear Orange and White in national title games. He obviously changed him mind and let the players choose.
ok then.
im just saying that if we wear Black in a national title game, it should be named as our primary color.
Will be interesting to see if the players are allowed to choose should football or basketball ever make a national title game.
You can't be serious. Get a life!

Again snark.
address my post.
should black be our primary color, yes or no?
No I don't think so. Part of the appeal is its an alternate uniform. We saw it more in baseball because there are a lot more games.

Plus baseball is the most superstitious sport ever. They may have wanted them because that's the colors they won the second game in.

Last edited:
Not true.
there is no problem. Just stating what’s happening.
we are fast replacing orange with black as our primary color in recruiting photos, congratulatory photos, player preference, and now, in a national title game. Those are facts.
You are aware the plan was was to wear the orange uniform but the players wanted to wear black again because they won in it the previous night. Baseball players are a superstitious bunch and being like "Nah **** yall, you are wearing orange" in the title game seems like maybe not a good idea.

Especially since they are the ones actually playing the game.

Last edited:
I think it is fast becoming our primary color.
with recruits and current players, it is obvious they prefer black to orange.
i think you will see it being worn more and more.
also think lady Vols will be wearing more Summitt blue in the future instead of orange.
times they are a changin.

They don’t prefer black to orange. They like black with orange which is completely different. You’re not being honest.

😂 😭

---
McElBoy still needs to lose his spot at ESPN for this. Unprofessional, flagrant bias, unhinged, dumb as a rock, lying cheapshot bruh. Everybody sees it.
Overplayed his hand. His reference to “Vols fans are difficult to like” implies he thought he’d receive full consensus backing. It was simply too petty for anybody with a job in the business to back.

It's nowhere close to our primary color. Like not even remotely. But Baseball has been wearing black for decades. Black used to be a primary color at UT in all sports in the early 1900s before a shift to primary orange & white. Things always change, but the incorporation of black back into the pallette is ACTUALLY a reversion to history. Go back at look at UT football uniform history, or maybe don't... you might stroke out....

But honestly, suck it up! Some people like the "Woo" some don't. Stokely Gym doesn't exist anymore. Neyland used to not have any jumbotrons, now it has 2. The Rock used to be somewhere else on campus. Our baseball stadium used to only seat like 2k. And our baseball program used to be a joke. Things change.

Maybe you could write a strongly worded email to White and get all your feelings out. Recommend they send the trophy back. Maybe ask for him to resign. Really get it out of your system.
You obviously didn’t read all of my posts.
My bottom line is that I think the majority of our recruits and players would prefer playing in Black than Orange which is why we played in Black in the nat title game.
i see the change just as I saw the changes you mentioned.
ive read and even taught the book WHO MOVED MY CHEESE. I get change.
We will wear black (dark mode) more and more and eventually Black will be considered our primary color whether it’s a stated policy or not.

No I don't think so. Part of the appeal is its an alternate uniform. We saw it more in baseball because there are a lot more games.

Plus baseball is the most superstitious sports ever. They may have wanted them because that's the colors they won't the second game in.
That was it. Superstitions. Of all the silly things to complain about too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back