Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be wrong. Born in Knoxville . 66 years old.
black has never been worn in any title game as the PRIMARY color in any sport
My dad is 82 and he has not once mentioned, especially hasn’t moaned and groaned, the boys wore black Monday night. Stick your hand in the sand

Has BVS been officially cured or no?
It really does seem like it, doesn’t it? A football team that wins 11 games including Bama and NY6, conference championship and Elite 8 from b-ball, and now a national championship in baseball. Highest finish ever in the Director’s Cup standings. We have great head coaches and the triumvirate of Boyd, Plowman, and White is the best administrative leadership we’ve had since the Decade of Dominance in the 90’s and seem well-suited to adapt to the modern collegiate athletics landscape.

The long years wandering in the desert are finally over.

the vast majority of our recruits wear Black Vol football uniforms in their recruiting pictures.
its so obvious that they prefer black to orange.
hey, change happens.
but just saying that yelling, Go Big Orange will soon be a thing of a past.
im ok with that.
not crying, not angry,
just pointing out what a lot of other older “traditional“ Vol fans have also noticed and are getting accustomed to. We are now the Big Black and I’m ok with it. How about you.
I’ll take care of this..👋
1719430275411.gif

I actually agree with him. I’m not up in arms over it, but alternate unis should be just that, alternate. Should have worn orange for the title game
That was the plan but you aren't going to override the players and they wanted to wear black because they won it it the previous night.

Ideally would I like the orange? Yes and I posted as much prior to the game. But it says VOLS across the front in orange and we won the championship. Everyone knows who tf we are.

Apparently Danny White wants to see the sun blotted out from the sky. He wants to see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
🎶
Times are gone
For honest men (looking at you Danny)
Sometimes, far too long for snakes
In my shoes (probably black)
Walking sleep
In my youth, I pray to keep (orange uniforms)
Heaven send
Hell (black uniforms) away
No one sings (rocky top) like you anymore
🎶

That was the plan but you aren't going to override the players and they wanted to wear black because they won it it the previous night.

Ideally would I like the orange? Yes and I posted as much prior to the game. But it says VOLS across the front in orange and we won the championship. Everyone knows who tf we are.
Agree. And the players wanting it for superstitious reasons doesn’t bother me in the slightest (although I’m not even a little bit stitious) It doesn’t bother me, and I’m not choosing it as a hill to die on lol. But, any time we are in a national title game I would prefer to see a LOT or orange, all other things being equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back