Recruiting Football Talk VII

Happy Friday

I know some of you need a rest. I hope you find it.

June 28, 2024: The difficulties of the past few months will begin to subside as you get into the rhythm of this new season. You have had to endure many things that were outside of your so-called wheelhouse. The downside of what you have had to do was stress. The upside is that you have more knowledge and have dealt with things that would have been a stumbling block in the future. Now you can take some time to relax. Isaiah 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them

Last edited:
I have an Irish friend who is a bundle of energy. He runs around all day long trying to find stuff to do. I mean, he is so hyperactive, the dude essentially bounces off the walls all day long. His name is Rick O'Shea.
tenor.gif

Getting ahead of any nasty accusations that may be thrown my way. I mean just because I live near here, one should not assume it was me. 🤪

View attachment 654753
First of all, what other color would a Darth Vader costume be? Second, what other color light saber would one assume Darth Vader would be swinging? And third, is there someplace different besides the Walgreens near Allendale in Kingsport, TN where one could reasonably imagine this scene happening?

I don’t know what the norm is for a 1st round nba draft pick, but I feel like his agent needs to stick up for him and get him a better contract.

That said, I’m sure he never imagined he’d make this kind of money one day and I’m super happy for him!

View attachment 654660
[This was moved from a single, high-traffic recruit's thread for the people who knew Sweet from her posts in player threads but who don't post here. I am aware that it makes no sense in this thread.]

Many of you know from the "Football Talk" thread, but there are a lot of posters who mostly stay in the recruits' threads and would like to know that @SweetasSoda has passed away after a sudden onset illness of about a month's duration. She posted in threads often and had many friends here. I don't want to post to every thread, and decided this would be a place where nearly everyone would see this message.

She called herself "the captain of the cheerleaders," and she was surely a bright, loyal, enthusiastic lover of Tennessee athletics, football and football recruiting most of all. A "Go Fund Me" account has been set up to help her family with funeral arrangements, if you would like to contribute. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. It would probably be best if anyone who wanted to remember her in a brief message use the "SweetAsSoda GFM" or "Football Talk" threads, so recruits' thread are not run off-course.

Thank you Brother. It is appreciated 👊

VN Store

Back