Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
At around 11 a.m. on June 28, 1914, two shots rang out from a street corner in the center of this city, mortally wounding the archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and Sophie the Duchess of Hohenberg, his wife. A suspect, a 19-year old Bosnian-Serb named Gavrilo Princip, was apprehended. Princip is said to be affiliated with the Serbian nationalist society Black Hand, which reportedly has ties to the Serbian government that is dedicated to uniting Bosnia with Serbia.
An earlier assassination attempt had been made on the archduke, around 10:15 a.m., when another suspect, a Bosnian-Serb named Nedeljko Cabrinovic, hurled a bomb at the imperial motorcade as it was headed to a reception at Sarajevo City Hall.

Apparently, there were six conspirators in addition to Princip, who were all armed with bombs and pistols with each possessing a capsule of cyanide.
Security for the motorcade appeared to be limited; no soldiers were used, although approximately 70,000 are billeted just outside of the city. The policemen numbered only 120 for a procession route of four miles. Before the event, one police official stated that “security measures on June 28 will be in the hands of Providence.”
The archduke, as Inspector General of the Austro-Hungarian armed forces, was visiting Bosnia to oversee military maneuvers.

The assassination set off a rapid chain of events, as Austria-Hungary immediately blamed the Serbian government for the attack. As large and powerful Russia supported Serbia, Austria asked for assurances that Germany would step in on its side against Russia and its allies, including France and possibly Great Britain. On July 28, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, and the fragile peace between Europe’s great powers collapsed, beginning the devastating conflict now known as the First World War.

1719591899583.png

1719592023789.png

yeah I was excited to see it at my local liquor store two nights ago. Shoulda bought more than one bottle. YOu got any intel on why it hasn't been around for months?
They recently bought a distillery in Kentucky (instead of staying in Memphis). So they just don’t have the age on anything from their sourcing company or the new distillery

It should come back from my understanding

Reactions: logginlarry
That ain't nobodies business..if I read that right, he was an adult, so if that is what he wants his family can sit and spin.

They probably have totally rejected her all along, so this is what is going to happen every time.
Uhhhh? She graduated from Bama in 2018. They started DATING IN HIGH SCHOOL. He wasn’t an adult…barely one now.

Boys and Girls, I’m not much of a sunshine pumper or the rah rah type,……. but things are shaping up for

The DAMN TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS to kick some A**!!!!!!!

We are on FIRE recruiting, and it’s gonna just get better and better.

I hope all of y’all have a GREAT WEEKEND and GO BIG FREAKING ORANGE!!!

well that's all I needed to read. commence weekend!

will-ferrell-old-milwaukee.gif

At around 11 a.m. on June 28, 1914, two shots rang out from a street corner in the center of this city, mortally wounding the archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and Sophie the Duchess of Hohenberg, his wife. A suspect, a 19-year old Bosnian-Serb named Gavrilo Princip, was apprehended. Princip is said to be affiliated with the Serbian nationalist society Black Hand, which reportedly has ties to the Serbian government that is dedicated to uniting Bosnia with Serbia.
An earlier assassination attempt had been made on the archduke, around 10:15 a.m., when another suspect, a Bosnian-Serb named Nedeljko Cabrinovic, hurled a bomb at the imperial motorcade as it was headed to a reception at Sarajevo City Hall.

Apparently, there were six conspirators in addition to Princip, who were all armed with bombs and pistols with each possessing a capsule of cyanide.
Security for the motorcade appeared to be limited; no soldiers were used, although approximately 70,000 are billeted just outside of the city. The policemen numbered only 120 for a procession route of four miles. Before the event, one police official stated that “security measures on June 28 will be in the hands of Providence.”
The archduke, as Inspector General of the Austro-Hungarian armed forces, was visiting Bosnia to oversee military maneuvers.

The assassination set off a rapid chain of events, as Austria-Hungary immediately blamed the Serbian government for the attack. As large and powerful Russia supported Serbia, Austria asked for assurances that Germany would step in on its side against Russia and its allies, including France and possibly Great Britain. On July 28, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, and the fragile peace between Europe’s great powers collapsed, beginning the devastating conflict now known as the First World War.

View attachment 654857

View attachment 654859

great segment from a must-listen series

8:12 is when the story about the day itself starts

insane circumstances. destiny and history can be funny. but brutal.

Last edited:
Are we still talking about magic underwear couple?

I support you, but man is this underwhelming chatter for the Friday after we win the title and witness the craziest debate in history.

Oh and A&M is in shambles.

Any of you curious types ever heard and thought about Mass Psychogenic Illness? I was listening to a podcast discussing The Havana Syndrome and The Dancing Plague that afflicted several places in Europe in the Middle ages among other examples and a thought occurred to me..

I wonder if these things are proof of extra sensory perception? That sometimes people are connected subconsciously in a very real, yet undectable as yet way?

Off-season...🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back