Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those times I wish that I was well off...I gave what I could, but I wish I could give a lot more.

This is one of those times that I REALLY hate the stupid ballbusting idiots that ran off ATL. I think he might have an alter he goes by here now...but I'm not sure who it is.

Atlanta Vol...if you were to see this...please ignore the jackasses that dogged you out..please come and help out the family of our dear friend.
As I said before, it’ll be tomorrow before I can donate, and I will. We all can do what we can do. Even if a person donated 1 cent, she’d be the first to appreciate it and understand if someone couldn’t. We’ll get there. Love doesn’t come from dollar amounts, but behind the heart that donates it.

This is why Chase Burns went to Wake Forest and what I hope Tennessee starts utilizing when Frank retires… Just thought this might interest some people on the board that doesn’t realize what it is that I am talking about.
That is not why Chase Burns went to WF.

June 29, 1990,

Something happened for the first and thus far, the only time. Two players threw no-hitters in both the American and National Leagues in the same day.

"Out in Toronto, the hard-throwing Oakland A’s righty Dave Stewart vexed the Blue Jays with twelve strikeouts compared to three walks over 115 pitches. Even from the free passes, including giving two to start the game, not a single runner reached second base in the A’s 5-0 win. While he threw a lot of heat, a funky forkball got hitters swinging madly into the SkyDome air. Of course, no-hitters are rarely smooth as ‘Smoke,’ who was still throwing 90 mph in the ninth, had to tame some wildness to close the deal. “I never thought this would happen for me,” he told reporters in the dugout after his lone career no-no. “Maybe it’s good it never sinks in. Then I’ll start thinking I can do it again.”"

"A few hours later in Los Angeles, Fernando Valenzuela dug into his bag of tricks to complete a masterpiece of his own in a 6-0 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. After an uneven start to the season, Valenzuela found his groove with seven strikeouts (but three walks) sprinkled over 119 pitches. A decade removed from “Fernandomania,” he had struggled mightily in the previous two years – and still had in 1990 – but the full repertoire came with him for at least one more night. “I never think that my career is over,” the former Cy Young winner reflected. “I have been working for two years and this game is great because it shows all the work I’ve been doing.”"

1719661734586.png

Yeah because Theo Jackson, Alontae Taylor, and Kamal Hadden were surefire draft picks before being coached by Willie. 🙄

They probably were. Talent finds a way.

If you are satisfied with how the DBs have played during his tenure, then good for you. I'm pretty sure most are not. 8 to 10 yard cushions and not looking for the ball ain't it.

Reactions: tnvols72
Happy Saturday

June 29, 2024: When it seems like you can get nothing done, have patience and take everything as it comes. Refuse to focus on things that have no eternal value. Do not give yourself to frustration and self-recrimination. Depend on Me to shine a light on the path that leads to spiritual growth and development, says the Lord. Romans 2:6-7 (God) will render to each one according to his deeds: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality.

Happy Saturday

June 29, 2024: When it seems like you can get nothing done, have patience and take everything as it comes. Refuse to focus on things that have no eternal value. Do not give yourself to frustration and self-recrimination. Depend on Me to shine a light on the path that leads to spiritual growth and development, says the Lord. Romans 2:6-7 (God) will render to each one according to his deeds: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality.
Thank you............

They probably were. Talent finds a way.

If you are satisfied with how the DBs have played during his tenure, then good for you. I'm pretty sure most are not. 8 to 10 yard cushions and not looking for the ball ain't it.
8 to 10 yard cushions is scheme nothing to do with talent…most likely was playing zone, no offense have you played football in your life?

June 29, 1990,

Something happened for the first and thus far, the only time. Two players threw no-hitters in both the American and National Leagues in the same day.

"Out in Toronto, the hard-throwing Oakland A’s righty Dave Stewart vexed the Blue Jays with twelve strikeouts compared to three walks over 115 pitches. Even from the free passes, including giving two to start the game, not a single runner reached second base in the A’s 5-0 win. While he threw a lot of heat, a funky forkball got hitters swinging madly into the SkyDome air. Of course, no-hitters are rarely smooth as ‘Smoke,’ who was still throwing 90 mph in the ninth, had to tame some wildness to close the deal. “I never thought this would happen for me,” he told reporters in the dugout after his lone career no-no. “Maybe it’s good it never sinks in. Then I’ll start thinking I can do it again.”"

"A few hours later in Los Angeles, Fernando Valenzuela dug into his bag of tricks to complete a masterpiece of his own in a 6-0 win over the St. Louis Cardinals. After an uneven start to the season, Valenzuela found his groove with seven strikeouts (but three walks) sprinkled over 119 pitches. A decade removed from “Fernandomania,” he had struggled mightily in the previous two years – and still had in 1990 – but the full repertoire came with him for at least one more night. “I never think that my career is over,” the former Cy Young winner reflected. “I have been working for two years and this game is great because it shows all the work I’ve been doing.”"

View attachment 655094
Fernando was a shell of himself, great accomplishment for Fernando.

Yeah because Theo Jackson, Alontae Taylor, and Kamal Hadden were surefire draft picks before being coached by Willie. 🙄
You can’t say for a fact that Taylor and Jackson wouldn’t have gotten drafted without Willie. Theo was a fifth year SR and Taylor was a SR in 2021. Let’s not pretend like Willie developed these guys into drafte picks out of high school. Now Hadden? I can probably give you that one.

But bottom line is the secondary has been the weakest position group on the team since WM got here.

Reactions: tnvols72
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back