Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, we know this kid isn’t going to Tennessee, so blowing the thread up is fine. 😉
Read the forum rules then get back to us on that opinion. The RF would be a better place if Freak Handed out automatic one week bans for completely off topic post in a recruit’s thread.

This is me getting way ahead of myself but I’d anyone else concerned that Nico’s likely last year at Tennessee, 2025 season, the roster will be mostly freshman and sophomores?

Iirc the way our roster is built, it’s very senior heavy and freshman heavy. Not a lot in the middle because od the 2021/2022/2023 attrition.
Transfer portal, bruh.

Taylor and Jackson were both back for their senior years because they weren’t going to get drafted if they’d left after their junior years. That is a fact.

Jackson especially made a HUGE jump under Willie. He was a non-factor prior. A greyshirt recruit who did next to nothing under DB gurus Pruitt and Ansley, then exploded under Willie.

Given the development of those 3 under WM, the “Martinez can’t coach” narrative is stupid. He wasn’t a good DC at UGA, but he can teach CBs. He’s finally got a room with high end ceiling potential now.
Martinez is not a good coach. It’ll be apparent again this year. You guys never learn.

Reactions: valoisvol
And some of yall are excited about this obviously flawed game. Clearly ESPN is behind EA as the UT hate and bias flows through so clearly.
Apparently they will fix the rankings as the season goes on…im not too worried about a video game ranking teams like Va tech and Colorado above us they obviously have no clue about football teams this year or they have some bias people doing the rankings, I just hope they got the game play right at least

Apparently they will fix the rankings as the season goes on…im not too worried about a video game ranking teams like Va tech and Colorado above us they obviously have no clue about football teams this year or they have some bias people doing the rankings, I just hope they got the game play right at least
hFmIU5GQF18Aw.gif

Tennessee would mop the floor with the bottom 2 rows.

Some thoughts:
- Vegas has #16 Colorado’s season total at 5.5 wins.
- They have Iowa ahead of us? What has happened at Iowa for them to think they’ve closed a 35-0 gap in 5 months of offseason?
- I hate to give Mizzou any credit at all, but they’re gonna be a Top 25 team.
- I’m not sure to whom EA outsourced their player rankings, but it’s obvious from this that they suck at what they do.

Some thoughts:
- Vegas has #16 Colorado’s season total at 5.5 wins.
- They have Iowa ahead of us? What has happened at Iowa for them to think they’ve closed a 35-0 gap in 5 months of offseason?
- I hate to give Mizzou any credit at all, but they’re gonna be a Top 25 team.
- I’m not sure to whom EA outsourced their player rankings, but it’s obvious from this that they suck at what they do.
on it...
IMG_7489.gif

Yes...he played harder than ever...but as a shooter myself I can tell you..I may have had bad games here and there, and I could and did improve my shot with tons of practice...but I never just lost it and became a bad shooter...there was a certain baseline average that I didn't drop below.

Santi absolutely just lost his ability to shoot and never got it back...I think he only had a few games where he shot well or great.

Same here. I improved my overall deep ball percentage and hovered around it pretty consistently....my driving and interior game had more variance depending on the opponent's defense. After that I would have games where I would be on fire from deep and hit everything I put up and games where I would be ice cold and have to adjust how I played. I always went back to my baseline average over any period of time, though.

It was strange to see someone like SV who has been such a consistent and fearless shooter/player just completely fall off. My theory is that he was much more affected by the death in his family than anyone outside of the family or the basketball facility truly knew. He did not seem to play with much, if any, joy at all this past year but his defense didn't suffer.... probably because he was playing angry and was emotional.

A lot of Americans don't understand how close families are in many foreign cultures and don't fully comprehend how deeply he could have been impacted. Some Americans still have close knit families but not nearly as widespread as 30+ years ago. Elders in Santi's culture typically live in the same household or very close by, are revered and are usually very close to the younger generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back