Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t say for a fact that Taylor and Jackson wouldn’t have gotten drafted without Willie. Theo was a fifth year SR and Taylor was a SR in 2021. Let’s not pretend like Willie developed these guys into drafte picks out of high school. Now Hadden? I can probably give you that one.

But bottom line is the secondary has been the weakest position group on the team since WM got here.
Taylor and Jackson were both back for their senior years because they weren’t going to get drafted if they’d left after their junior years. That is a fact.

Jackson especially made a HUGE jump under Willie. He was a non-factor prior. A greyshirt recruit who did next to nothing under DB gurus Pruitt and Ansley, then exploded under Willie.

Given the development of those 3 under WM, the “Martinez can’t coach” narrative is stupid. He wasn’t a good DC at UGA, but he can teach CBs. He’s finally got a room with high end ceiling potential now.

Ever think that scheme was utilized because the DBs weren’t good enough to play right up on the WR?
Yep. And it changed when Hadden got hurt.

Tennessee hasn’t done a great job (at least until signing Gibson in 2023) of recruiting dudes at that position. McCoy, Gibson, and Thomas/Carter should allow UT to play more aggressively on the band end in 2024.

This is me getting way ahead of myself but I’d anyone else concerned that Nico’s likely last year at Tennessee, 2025 season, the roster will be mostly freshman and sophomores?

Iirc the way our roster is built, it’s very senior heavy and freshman heavy. Not a lot in the middle because od the 2021/2022/2023 attrition.

This is me getting way ahead of myself but I’d anyone else concerned that Nico’s likely last year at Tennessee, 2025 season, the roster will be mostly freshman and sophomores?

Iirc the way our roster is built, it’s very senior heavy and freshman heavy. Not a lot in the middle because od the 2021/2022/2023 attrition.
Concerned? In the era of the portal? No.

8 to 10 yard cushions is scheme nothing to do with talent…most likely was playing zone, no offense have you played football in your life?

Yes. I sure know when something isn't working. You change it

I understand that many posters won't offer criticism of a coach wearing orange, But the DBs have struggled since he's been here. Ask Georgia fans what they think of WM. Same thing

Last edited:
Reactions: tnvols72 and Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back