Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts:
- Vegas has #16 Colorado’s season total at 5.5 wins.
- They have Iowa ahead of us? What has happened at Iowa for them to think they’ve closed a 35-0 gap in 5 months of offseason?
- I hate to give Mizzou any credit at all, but they’re gonna be a Top 25 team.
- I’m not sure to whom EA outsourced their player rankings, but it’s obvious from this that they suck at what they do.
Click bait say what.

Some thoughts:
- Vegas has #16 Colorado’s season total at 5.5 wins.
- They have Iowa ahead of us? What has happened at Iowa for them to think they’ve closed a 35-0 gap in 5 months of offseason?
- I hate to give Mizzou any credit at all, but they’re gonna be a Top 25 team.
- I’m not sure to whom EA outsourced their player rankings, but it’s obvious from this that they suck at what they do.
I heard Greg Mcelroy was lead consultant. 🤔

TIFWIW

@peaygolf how you feeling about A&M targeting your baseball coach? Not that they are for sure, but if they do.
I hate it, but I'll say this............

For decades.........nobody wanted ANY coach we had in ANY sport. (Coach Loos, MBB Coach, was the AD so he wasn't going anywhere)

Now.........Peay is on a huge upswing with athletics and it's "good" that the success has lead to some coaches leaving, or getting looked at for bigger/better jobs.
Same for the transfer portal.................Losing players left and right because of their success.

It sucks as a fan and alum..........but it's what happens at Mid-Major/FCS schools when you get good players and coaches.

Coach Fanning, Coach Gipson and ex football coach Walden are "out there" in their enthusiasm, but they get results and can flat out recruit.

What I'm most afraid of is our AD...Gerald Harrison. He's the reason for the success!
Harrison was an integral member of the Tennessee football program during the latter days of College Football Hall of Famer Phillip Fulmer’s tenure as head coach. From 2001-04, he served as Director of Community Relations for the Vols, enhancing the student-athletes presence in the community through service projects and educational programs; his Go V.O.L.S. (Volunteering Outstanding Leadership and Service) program resulted in over 1,200 hours of community service in 2003 and 2004.

From 2005-07, Harrison was Director of High School Relations for the Vols, managing an annual budget of $1 million to provide support to each member of the football coaching staff pertaining to their recruiting efforts. In this role, he implemented cutting-edge recruiting practices involving city, campus and athletic leaders, yielding top-15 recruiting classes each year and increasing participants and revenue to the Phillip Fulmer Football Camps by 15 percent yearly.

Professionally, Harrison is a member of the NCAA’s Competition Oversight Committee and the NCAA Football Championship Committee. In addition, he holds memberships with the National Association of College Directors of Athletics, 1A Athletics Director Institute, and the American Football Coaches Association.

Travis Chestnut’s mom on Schloss. Yikes.

View attachment 655120
just glossed... schlongndingle is a massive butch jones. but that's an incredibly parentally slanted view. ultimately your son chose to play for him. do what your told by your coach... keep your head down, and move on.

just glossed... schlongndingle is a massive butch jones. but that's an incredibly parentally slanted view. ultimately your son chose to play for him. do what your told by your coach... keep your head down, and move on.

And I can tell you that having worked in college baseball myself as an official scorer, I’ve eavesdropped and had conversations with many parents. Parents exaggerate and can be the absolute worst.

I can’t tell you how many times Jan’s son, Colin, reached on a hit and not a fielders choice and that it should be scored as such. Or Trevor didn’t commit the fielding error because it wasn’t a routine play.

The official scorer doesn’t get as much heat as an umpire, but I can sometimes see the other side of it as well. Just can’t let your emotions get in the way.

Wow. What can be said? I never had the privilege of meeting her in person, but she was one of my favorite people in this online community. She was a truly positive and uplifting person that, no doubt, was the the exact same in her real life as she was here with her online family. I don't believe in coincidences, so the fact that her Vols pulled off an amazing feat only hours before she went to the sweet embrace of her Creator is not lost on this humble Vol fan today. I will continue to pray for the family that she leaves behind here on earth, as the loss of such a loving person must be heartbreaking and debilitating in many ways. However, I celebrate that she has finished her race and been called home to Paradise with her Heavenly Father. We will miss her tremendously and I don't doubt that she will never truly leave our hearts and will live on here as well as in the hearts and memories of her real family and the thousands of lives she impacted during her time here on this earth. Rest easy @SweetasSoda and GO VOLS!

Beautifully said and I think captures how many of us feel but aren't able to put it as eloquently.

It's rare when someone is such a good person that their genuine positivity and kindness is such an obvious beacon of light on an anonymous message board. If she was able to have a positive impact on so many on here then I can only imagine the impact her personality had on her family, friends and others who knew her or just came in contact with her. Truly a beautiful soul.

This guy. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back