Recruiting Football Talk VII

Loo

It’s hard for me to express my disdain for Greg Sankey and the other decision-makers who eagerly allowed this trash to pollute our conference so they could chase a few more bucks.

Looking at their schedule they may be right. Their only real Non Conference is against the scrubs in BG750, Meatchiggen. At Meatchicken stadium. They should win that going away.

They get Georgia at home, L. Then Andy, H. And Geightors, H. Who blew Sankey to get this schedule?

Ark, Cow College, Sucky, and Tamu to round it out. I see 10 wins. Easily. Of course they dont get Bama.

It’s hard for me to express my disdain for Greg Sankey and the other decision-makers who eagerly allowed this trash to pollute our conference so they could chase a few more bucks.

Little brother is not real good at reading the room. That just went up in some SEC locker rooms.

I am with you. I love comedy and the more stupid and juvenile it is, the more I seem to enjoy it. It may be the middle aged father of daughters talking, but I just feel for the young lady and worry that she may look back on this in a few years and not be so pleased with the source of her fame.
I get that, and she'll probably look back on it one day and wish it never happened. I'm more concerned by all these seemingly normal everyday folks thinking it's the greatest thing to keep sharing all over social media...then again, "f*** (Political Candidate)" flags and vehicle decals are becoming normalized, so maybe it's just another sign of the times. Seeing someone on FB sharing scripture, Hawk Tuah memes, protect the children graphics, and "f*** (Political Candidate)" posts is all very confusing. People of all walks of life seem to be slipping when it comes to social norms and self-awareness. This Hawk Tuah stuff is just becoming another indicator of that. I don't think anyone should have to walk a super tight line, but have some limits. We're about to the point where the innuendo gets bypassed straight for the graphic stuff and all out there for anyone to see.

End rant.

Last edited:
I get that, and she'll probably look back on it one day and wish it never happened. I'm more concerned by all these seemingly normal everyday folks thinking it's greatest thing to keep sharing all over social media...then again, "f*** (Political Candidate)" flags and vehicle decals are becoming normalized, so maybe it's just another sign of the times. Seeing someone on FB sharing scripture, Hawk Tuah memes, protect the children graphics, and "f*** (Political Candidate)" posts is all very confusing. People of all walks of life seem to be slipping when it comes to social norms and self-awareness. This Hawk Tuah stuff is just becoming another indicator of that. I don't think anyone should have to walk a super tight line, but have some limits. We're about to the point where the innuendo gets bypassed straight for the graphic stuff and all out there for anyone to see.

End rant.
that is accurate.

…or a hole in one on a par 4. An albatross is 3 under par on a hole. The par 5 version is likely the more common.
not a golf thing. at a function on Boone Lake over weekend. No joke, I really think there may be an Albatross afoot. Some wing-ed creature has absolutely destroyed tops of docks, and awnings. I mean, no joke areas look like a 2 liter of Coke was dispatched from an anus.

Reactions: Vols4us
Daughter made me a cake with peanut butter icing and peanut butter cups on it. Best birthday cake I've ever had. She's so proud of it, little girls folks, nothing like them.
Yes! When my little 3yo granddaughter takes my hand in hers, she’s actually holding my heart in her hand.
Her mother (my oldest girl) says I’m just putty in her hands😊

Man, that Jersey Dude 20 on Facebook makes some quality stitched jerseys. I may have to order one.

He has all baseball jerseys with CWS patches out now as well. The jerseys are $70 plus shipping, which is cheaper than Dicks and other places charging $100.

I attached some examples he’s done so far.

Edit: also making Knecht jerseys as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1086.jpeg
    IMG_1086.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1088.jpeg
    IMG_1088.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 32
Martinez is not a good coach. It’ll be apparent again this year. You guys never learn.
I think it was more on Banks that WM. Martinez is a pretty good DB coach. A lot of what we saw was related to scheme and a lack of talent and/or speed. Based on practice reports, that group looked much better this past spring.

Think we’ll see tighter coverage this fall since they have the players to do it now. The defense has talent so I think if it doesn’t perform, you likely see a DC change after the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
Loo

Looking at their schedule they may be right. Their only real Non Conference is against the scrubs in BG750, Meatchiggen. At Meatchicken stadium. They should win that going away.

They get Georgia at home, L. Then Andy, H. And Geightors, H. Who blew Sankey to get this schedule?

Ark, Cow College, Sucky, and Tamu to round it out. I see 10 wins. Easily. Of course they dont get Bama.
Their game with ATM should be one to watch

Man, that Jersey Dude 20 on Facebook makes some quality stitched jerseys. I may have to order one.

He has all baseball jerseys with CWS patches out now as well. The jerseys are $70 plus shipping, which is cheaper than Dicks and other places charging $100.

I attached some examples he’s done so far.

Edit: also making Knecht jerseys as well.
Every time I see some more black Vol jerseys for sale, I wonder, hmmm 🤔…wonder if the players and recruits really DO prefer black uniforms? And, also, I wonder how many Vol FANS (especially those under 40) prefer the black.

Last edited:
It’s their arrogance and entitlement that will eventually be a problem for all original conference members. It’s no secret (plenty of articles) that TX played a huge role in destroying two conferences. They don’t like conference revenue sharing. Eventually, they will complain that Vandy for example gets cut the same check that they do from league offices.

Additionally, it is my belief that they will pressure the conference to move HQ to Dallas as well as all conference championship games. Adding them too the conference will eventually be a problem.
This needs to be bookmarked. Texas will absolutely want to have a bigger say in all things. I heard that they wanted to keep the Longhorn network as a separate network just for themselves??? SEC said no (which they didn’t like and want forget) we already have a conference network. The Vandy comment is closer to the truth than many will think.
Texas will want a bigger share of the revenue because they are worth it🤬
If Texas can’t have a bigger say than all the other schools then:
1-they will move to another conference
2-they will try to destroy this conference

Every time I see some more black Vol jerseys for sake, I wonder, hmmm 🤔…wonder if the players and recruits really DO prefer black uniforms? And, also, I wonder how many Vol FANS (especially those under 40) prefer the black.
I personally just picked the black ones lol

He has every jersey on there! I think he does other teams as well.

Reactions: Glitch
Every time I see some more black Vol jerseys for sake, I wonder, hmmm 🤔…wonder if the players and recruits really DO prefer black uniforms? And, also, I wonder how many Vol FANS (especially those under 40) prefer the black.
As long as they don't get too crazy, most don't really care all that much. Don't go Oregon crazy. Orange, white, black, and gray is not over board. Plus those are all historical colors we have used at UT. Preferences in uniform colors will swing like a pendulum, just like everything else.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This needs to be bookmarked. Texas will absolutely want to have a bigger say in all things. I heard that they wanted to keep the Longhorn network as a separate network just for themselves??? SEC said no (which they didn’t like and want forget) we already have a conference network. The Vandy comment is closer to the truth than many will think.
Texas will want a bigger share of the revenue because they are worth it🤬
If Texas can’t have a bigger say than all the other schools then:
1-they will move to another conference
2-they will try to destroy this conference
They will eventually run out of places to go and will wither accept that they aren't as special as they think, or they will try to be independent like ND. However, with the way things are going with conference consolidation it will not be wise to be without a conference when the music stops.

VN Store

Back