Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Arky buddy is talking about how their message boards are all in on dumping Van Horn and they are convinced TV will "come home" to Fayetteville.
View attachment 655460
He's been HC at Tennessee twice as long as he was an assistant at Arkansas. And "home" for TV would be Mizzou. That's his alma mater. As long as his relationship with DW is good, I'm not afraid of losing CTV to either.

It dominated time lines then. I see plenty of facebook still, I just don't have a personal one anymore. It didn't used to be easy to avoid, and it still isn't. And some of the absolute nicest people in knew back then were sharing absolute trash and mean spirited stuff. And they still are. I literally had this exact same conversation ten years ago with tons of people from all different walks and circles.

I'm telling you, it's been happening. Maybe you've had some sort of enlightening moment and you're noticing it more now or something.
If you don't have a personal account, then you have no way to compare how your time-line looks compared to 10 years ago. I've worked in social media marketing running ad accounts for the last 15 years, so I'm on Facebook a lot more than I care to be. My experience doesn't match yours, but it might come down to differences in our friends lists and how each of us use FB. FB has also changed some things in the last few years that are causing time-lines to get cluttered with suggested posts...and that has definitely put a lot more trash on my time-line recently.

In all seriousness, why do they feel like he has some special connection to Arkansas? Is it just be because he was an assistant there for a bit?
I am not sure other than they are another entitled fan base that thinks every coach is waiting by the phone day in and day out hoping and praying that they make the call and give them the honor...nay the privilege of coaching their program. Other than that, I got nothing...

Tony served his time in the assistant ranks and helped recruit and develop quality programs. He was advised by all of them plus many others to not take the Tennessee job. He did anyway and has built the #1 program in the country. The university and fanbase have opened their hearts and bank accounts in support. DW, Donde and Randy are taking care of rest.

Why would he leave what he successfully built for somebody else's problems with unproven support up the chain of command? Tony received his orange blood transfusion and it was successful.

I am not sure other than they are another entitled fan base that thinks every coach is waiting by the phone day in and day out hoping and praying that they make the call and give them the honor...nay the privilege of coaching their program. Other than that, I got nothing...
The thing is, it's not like Arky baseball is steeped in baseball tradition, neither. Before Van Horn, they had been to the CWS 4 times, the last in 1989. Van Horn IS their tradition, he IS their program.

So, their logic...fire Van Horn, and hire Vitello to the tradition and culture that IS Van Horn. They believe they're baseball royalty for some reason; yet, the only thing they have going for them...is Dave Van Horn, the man they want to run out of town, to try and hire someone that will turn them down. Not too bright a bunch.

The thing is, it's not like Arky baseball is steeped in baseball tradition, neither. Before Van Horn, they had been to the CWS 4 times, the last in 1989. Van Horn IS their tradition, he IS their program.

So, their logic...fire Van Horn, and hire Vitello to the tradition and culture that IS Van Horn. They believe they're baseball royalty for some reason; yet, the only thing they have going for them...is Dave Van Horn, the man they want to run out of town, to try and hire someone that will turn them down. Not too bright a bunch.
Arkansas has no respect for the game.

We have that going for us! 😂 But wasn't the NCAA simply going after Saban rivals?

Harbaugh was bad at it but the NCAA had his back the whole way. I would expect the same blind eye as ever for the Suckeyes.

I would like to see him F around and gind out one more time, though!
Was his folly to try to blame all of the infractions on Houston Nutt (when NONE of them were on his watch). Flawed methodology. And jumping to extend Jimbo when NO ONE was looking to poach him portends great decisions under pressure in a future Columbus.

We just won a title in one of the three major sports
they were saying the SEC doesnt know what's coming. as in the future. my org point was that they should win a title in one of the three major sports before thumping their chests. Else, to borrow a Butchnism.

Tejas, have a glass of shut up, waay over there.

Tony served his time in the assistant ranks and helped recruit and develop quality programs. He was advised by all of them plus many others to not take the Tennessee job. He did anyway and has built the #1 program in the country. The university and fanbase have opened their hearts and bank accounts in support. DW, Donde and Randy are taking care of rest.

Why would he leave what he successfully built for somebody else's problems with unproven support up the chain of command? Tony received his orange blood transfusion and it was successful.
They’re also deluding themselves if they think their AD’s recent history of chasing bad hires in other programs besides baseball makes abandoning Knoxville even plausible.

idjlI0ixTP6KP7yVAK.gif

Well, their mascot is walking bacon. While I love bacon, I don't want to cheer for it outside of the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back