Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been catching up on podcasts and summer reading material to get in the college football mindset.

This really is the start of a new era, on several fronts. For us, no more Saban. For the Big Ten, and CFB at large, no more Harbaugh. Texas and OU in the SEC now, though I'm pretty desensitized to that compared to some of the narratives I'm seeing on social media.

I think getting in the mindset that one loss isn't the end of the world. Hell, 2 losses isn't the end of the world in the new expanded playoff era. Like the other tournament sports, it will be about when those losses happen, not if.

For us, starting a new QB with a 100,000 ft ceiling, and needing some playmakers to find their role, we could be one of those teams that hits a dangerous stride late. As Tennessee fans, how many meaningless Novembers have we had? Compared to other programs, we seemed to know our fate before Halloween every year and just kind of coast to whatever the conclusion was. Especially during the god awful years.

I think the wire-to-wire undefeated champions are largely finished. That's so much winning you have to do now. So much depth you have to maintain. Someone like 2010 Auburn, even with a generational CFB QB talent like Cam, how are you going to beat 4 Great-to-Elite teams to finish the season? Those kinds of teams could still be chaos agents and knock off favorites though, like we sometimes see in basketball and baseball.

I'm starting to get excited, folks.

Stupid?

Blippi makes 12.5 million per year and has partially retired. Worth 75 Mill.

Vladimir and Nikita Vasketov makes $325,000 per episode of their show. Worth $50Mill, and have three homes.
Ms. Rachel makes bank on YT too. Think her net worth was stated to be around 15M now. Shes a speech therapist who decided to make videos because she couldn’t find any good educational speech videos on YT to suggest to her clients for at home. My daughter goes to speech therapy and between that and Ms Rachel she’s made a big jump.

For all the ******** that’s out there YT actually has some really great and educational stuff that also is entertaining for children. Just have to be cautious and look into the channels before introducing them to your child.

Ms. Rachel makes bank on YT too. Think her net worth was stated to be around 15M now. Shes a speech therapist who decided to make videos because she couldn’t find any good educational speech videos on YT to suggest to her clients for at home. My daughter goes to speech therapy and between that and Ms Rachel she’s made a big jump.

For all the ******** that’s out there YT actually has some really great and educational stuff that also is entertaining for children. Just have to be cautious and look into the channels before introducing them to your child.

I would agree. My only issue with YT is that once the playlist/algo starts to slowly crawl away from whatever source video or channel you turned on, it can get kind of weird. Plus there is no standard in place for what they are producing, so you're putting a lot of faith in the content creator(s) to not be dumbasses.

Though, if you have a basic education and just stay in the room with your children (parenting 101 for streaming anyway), you should be able to keep something good in front of them

I can't wait until DVH retires and TV turns down Arky. The tears will be sweet.

The “GOAT” who’s never won a national championship in DI baseball 🤔 All respect to DVH because he’s done what he’s done over many years, but you can’t be in the GOAT conversation when you don’t have many trophies next to your name.. especially CWS trophies.

Bammer is recruiting just as great as they did under Saban. If Deboer can keep up the top 5 classes I don’t see much slippage unfortunately.

I would agree. My only issue with YT is that once the playlist/algo starts to slowly crawl away from whatever source video or channel you turned on, it can get kind of weird. Plus there is no standard in place for what they are producing, so you're putting a lot of faith in the content creator(s) to not be dumbasses.

Though, if you have a basic education and just stay in the room with your children (parenting 101 for streaming anyway), you should be able to keep something good in front of them
Absolutely agree. We only sign into YT Kids for her and we will go straight to the channel we want, usually Ms. Rachel, and then that way if an episode ends and another starts but we walked out of the room for a minute, it will only play Ms. Rachel next. It also helps that my daughter is only 3 and can’t navigate YT with the remote at all so there’s no worries about her deviating from the channel yet. As she gets older, that will be evaluated. As for the content, that is definitely something to investigate when you start a new channel. There’s some popular kids content out there where the creators give me some very creepy vibes and I’ll immediately cross that one off the list. Ms. Rachel is just wholesome, educational content. Also a good follow on social for educational content for parents about kids and learning.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Didn't they get mad at some fans doing that during a game a couple of years ago?

I'm sure SEC fans would never do that. 😁
They all get triggered.

Pathetic.

Literally on the Ainge show he was talking about how he horns downed a TX fan this weekend and the dude was like "bro, that's not cool"

I hope I see a foghorn leghorn today so I can GIVE HIM THE BUSINESS

So @Freak why is it in the baseball forum it says I have insufficient privileges to post in there? Don’t tell me it’s because I said we are a football school instead of a baseball school.

I'm always mind blown by people who let their kids stream YT unsupervised. Sure, that show you put on is fine. But what about the next 4 that YT auto plays?

Reactions: BigSteve09
I remember seeing him and Bonds on the same Pirate team back a long time ago. I caught a HR practice ball from him at the old Fulton County stadium when they played the Braves. Cant believe he is still collecting a paycheck lol
He had a helluva agent. I’m pretty sure he still collects 500k from the orioles through 2027 too? Team may be wrong there

Reactions: drvenner
More Super Bowls???

I’m going to have to get a wholesale deal with Frito-Lay if I’m gonna keep having all these Super Bowl parties.
LOL, I can't wait to see them taken down wn a peg. They're so used to being the big dogs, they can't imagine an environment where they're just one of many decent team.

It's like the high school athletes making the jump to college. They're so used to just showing up and dominating inferior competition, they can't even imagine that they're now surrounded by people who are equally talented or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back