Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of the time my daughter played a basketball tournament at the Rocky Top Sports complex in Gatlinburg. A team from Ohio came strutting into the building wearing Tennessee Takeover shirts. They look the part and were intimidating. The were long and very athletic looking. My daughterā€™s team beat them 55-4. They forgot the being good at basketball partā€¦ After watching them playā€¦. I couldnā€™t believe they had a special entrance and wore those shirts.
The time I recall being 'done' with 4&5 year old girls soccer was when the opposing teams PARENTS formed a column with outstretched hands, singing chants, and whooping loudly.

The kids are 4 & 5.

Last edited:
A friend of mine lived in Texas for 3 years. When he returned to Tennessee, he would say about Texas, ā€œNever have a people been so proud over so little.ā€
I was pretty much raised in Texas...I spent most of my first 16 years out there, and I can tell you this emphatically...even in Texas, a very large group of Texans absolutely loathe TU.

It says a lot about hiw I feel about Texas that once we came back HOME and once I realized that I was home...I am and always will be a Tennessean no matter where I go, or how long I stay there.

I do love where I grew up...but it was never my home.

If he doesnā€™t win big at Texas, this could be the move that ended his career. Like if someone dumped someone in their friend group for that persons best friend or worst enemy and didnā€™t expect the backlash and then realizes ā€œeveryone I knew now thinks Iā€™m an ahole and oh btw that skank Iā€™m with now probably only cares about me until they donā€™t.ā€ What an idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back