Recruiting Football Talk VII

yeah, sure they can. but still dont have to broadcast it to the masses.
She is the one that has broadcast herself to the masses...you can't have it both ways, celebrity...especially of the kind she has thanks to herself, has it's downside...if you don't want that kind of attention...don't seek it, and sure as hell don't try to bank on it.

Seems like she has chosen to go all in to me.

Last edited:
Good for him, kind of surprised he's been such a journeyman. A career 16 ppg, 6 rpg, 2.5 apg with a steal a game too. Shoots 47.8% FG, 36.8% 3PT, and 83.5% FT but has already played with 5 different teams at just 31.
I can't believe somebody makes 26 million a year to play meh basketball...the numbers all these athletes makes now is just freaking ridiculous.

The Blue chip thing is so dumb during the transfer era, also Michigan barely makes it on the list

It is hard to not view it as legit with the way Tennessee has matched up against Georgia recently.

Tennessee still needs to pick it up in recruiting. We are often #6 or #7. You look at this list and teams like Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, and LSU are still doing better as well in recruiting. We need to close the gap by picking up more 4 and 5 stars.

He takes into the Transfer Portal as well and cites it as a legit source and we are NOT even in the list when we include transfers.

She is the one that has broadcast herself to the masses...you can't have it both ways, celebrity...especially of the kind she has thanks to herself has it's downside...if you don't want that kind of attention...don't seek it, and sure as hell don't try to bank on it.

Seems like she has chosen to go all in to me.
meh

Reactions: Crookruss
It is hard to not view it as legit with the way Tennessee has matched up against Georgia recently.

Tennessee still needs to pick it up in recruiting. We are often #6 or #7. You look at this list and teams like Florida, Auburn, Oklahoma, and LSU are still doing better as well in recruiting. We need to close the gap by picking up more 4 and 5 stars.

He takes into the Transfer Portal as well and cites it as a legit source and we are NOT even in the list when we include transfers.
Fahr Heupel...he can't cruit!

I can't believe somebody makes 26 million a year to play meh basketball...the numbers all these athletes makes now is just freaking ridiculous.
Goes to show how ridiculously lucrative entertainment has become in our country, it's pretty absurd when you think about it. Things that actually matter are super undervalued these days.

Bruh is such a troll. He's posted the same thing over and over today, hoping some fool would finally engage. Don't be that guy. Thanks.

That was my first post unless you are talking about the Youtube analyst.

Don't get me wrong, Heupel is doing decent (especially considering recruiting sanctions) but we still have a lot of ground to make up.

Goes to show how ridiculously lucrative entertainment has become in our country, it's pretty absurd when you think about it. Things that actually matter are super undervalued these days.
We've (modern society) has made gods out of these people...we are the fools for making it possible.

Hawk Tuah ...just using that to gather attention for my question, which follows:

Is July 4th, with its tradition of family gatherings, a day that recruits frequently announce their commitment?

That was my first post unless you are talking about the Youtube analyst.

Don't get me wrong, Heupel is doing decent (especially considering recruiting sanctions) but we still have a lot of ground to make up.
In a 12 team playoff winning 10 games is good enough to get in most years most likely, he has already proven he can do that

Been catching up on podcasts and summer reading material to get in the college football mindset.

This really is the start of a new era, on several fronts. For us, no more Saban. For the Big Ten, and CFB at large, no more Harbaugh. Texas and OU in the SEC now, though I'm pretty desensitized to that compared to some of the narratives I'm seeing on social media.

I think getting in the mindset that one loss isn't the end of the world. Hell, 2 losses isn't the end of the world in the new expanded playoff era. Like the other tournament sports, it will be about when those losses happen, not if.

For us, starting a new QB with a 100,000 ft ceiling, and needing some playmakers to find their role, we could be one of those teams that hits a dangerous stride late. As Tennessee fans, how many meaningless Novembers have we had? Compared to other programs, we seemed to know our fate before Halloween every year and just kind of coast to whatever the conclusion was. Especially during the god awful years.

I think the wire-to-wire undefeated champions are largely finished. That's so much winning you have to do now. So much depth you have to maintain. Someone like 2010 Auburn, even with a generational CFB QB talent like Cam, how are you going to beat 4 Great-to-Elite teams to finish the season? Those kinds of teams could still be chaos agents and knock off favorites though, like we sometimes see in basketball and baseball.

I'm starting to get excited, folks.
The goal is to stay within the mean or average of these 4-6 likely juggernauts of NIL. Bama/FSU/LSU could slide around and others could slide in depending on wins and budgets. I think those first 3 are cemented in due to money and recruiting territory. The logic is we need to be in the next group and we are good.

UGA
TX
OSU
Bama
FSU/LSU

We are not even on the Blue-Chip Roster list :(.

I disagree with the article that transfers should not be considered. Both incoming, and maybe more importantly outgoing transfers drastically change rosters. if you only use highschool incoming, and do not account for those leaving, the numbers are skewed. Take our last Pruitt class, almost none of those hung around long enough to be developed.

VN Store

Back