Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at a loss for words. A scout with MLB’s Oakland A’s just sent me a text to encourage my son to play D2 or D3 and work hard because after watching some video from his senior and stats from his junior year along with the few opportunities he got this year that if he works hard and challenges himself he sees the potential to portal to D1. This year a new coach threw him aside for players on travel team though he performed well. I mentioned his 4 shutout innings vs the Baylor School. But this coach has killed him. He read it and said fine but I don’t want to play in college.
I am concerned he’s going to regret it and everyone who has coached him including some former college coaches told him he should play at the next level. A high school coach shouldn’t own a travel team. The younger players who play for him played over a few seniors so he could get the dollars. I want to beat the crap out of him but won’t help anything. Thanks for listening to my rant.
Sounds like you need to invite him out for a friendly coffee at Waffle House. Then let Waffle House do the rest

When do you all shoot fireworks Midnight or tomorrow night? They will start in my neighborhood around 10 p.m. tonight. Damn drunks 😜
They started in my neighborhood four days ago and my dog has been a mess ever since. I hate the 4th of July because of the week before and after when a bunch of people blow their retirement savings on explosives. Shoot em on the 4th by all means, but the other 8 days worth of fireworks just pisses me off.

#nocommie

Last edited:
Happy Pre Fourth

July 3, 2024: Come into rest from all your busyness. Reflect on what has been good and bad so that you can streamline your efforts for greater effectiveness and efficiency. You are entering a new season that will require leaving the past behind with all of its trials and tribulations. It is time to focus on where you are spiritually and begin to draw nearer to Me, says the Lord. I am as close to you as your breath. Psalm 145:18-19 The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them.
You are my church most days. Thank you

Rotation of Russell, Loy and probably Marcus Phillips on Weekends.

Unless Tennessee gets a starter from Portal.
If he wants to do it, I am all in on Snead as a SP. I like AJ and Dylan as two of them. They claim they are going to give Tanner Franklin a look as well. No doubt the offseason and fall practice will clear it up unless they get a SP in the portal as you say.

If anyone knows the value of our pollinators here on this planet of ours, and have followed the problems with Hive Collapse Syndrome for honey bees, you may appreciate this. Looks like bees have started to hive on/in port bay buoys with much success. I say, let's hear it for the buoys! Let's hear it for the bay bees!

Rotation of Russell, Loy and probably Marcus Phillips on Weekends.

Unless Tennessee gets a starter from Portal.
I really enjoyed seeing Phillips pitch in the CWS Finals. Great experience for him. His strike out of Grahavoc swinging was a highlight. He just needs to keep working with Frank and bringing his best attitude and Vols spirit. Wherever Frank slots him is great by me.

I really enjoyed seeing Phillips pitch in the CWS Finals. Great experience for him. His strike out of Grahavoc swinging was a highlight. He just needs to keep working with Frank and bringing his best attitude and Vols spirit. Wherever Frank slots him is great by me.
Right now he has the closer mentality. Needs to gain control of the adrenaline and develop a quality third pitch to be a SP in my opinion. Very talented guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back