Recruiting Football Talk VII

What camp specifically were they underwhelmed the one where it had “windy conditions” or the others that lead to him being a 5 star in the first place? Sometimes writers drum up BS to get clicks

Look I'm not the one who said he looked bad at camps. I simply said that he's gonna fall in the rankings because that's what the recruiting guys have been saying. Go argue with them.

I must have done Cancun wrong. It was OK but other than Chichen Itza, it was not that special. I prefer Hawaii.
Hawaii is awesome...if you can afford it...I will never be able to go there without forgoing 2-3 other great trips I could take for that much money.

I love St John...I don't see how anything could be any more beautiful than Trunk Bay.

It's a very common trope in today's society to say that people are clamoring to be victims even when nothing has actually happened to them.

While it's possible he's saying something super tone deaf and brutal like you're suggesting, that's pretty unlikely, and usually you go with the most likely choice.

I am suspicious because the "of sexual assault" part is not attributed as a quoted thing he said -- it's inferred by whomever wrote that. If what he said is "It's never been more glamorous to be a victim," there is truth in that -- not in being a victim per se, but in being perceived as one, and if he was saying it to his players as a warning that they need to be careful how they tread around people they don't know, it strikes me as prudent.

Yes this is why I said I have not spent any time looking into it. He could have said it with the intention of warning his players about staying away from potentially dangerous situations.

Reactions: jave36
I must have done Cancun wrong. It was OK but other than Chichen Itza, it was not that special. I prefer Hawaii.

Hawaii is awesome...if you can afford it...I will never be able to go there without forgoing 2-3 other great trips I could take for that much money.

I love St John...I don't see how anything could be any more beautiful than Trunk Bay.
I've been to all three, Cozumel, Oahu (Maui), and Bahamas. The land in Hawaii is tops. The Bahamas water is unmatched in places I've been. For the most part the Bahamas is very underdeveloped, which I love. I hope to retire on a boat in the Bahamas, sooner rather than later. As a side note, I love the culture and the people of the Bahamas. You really can't experience the true Bahamas at resorts or cruises.

I've been to all three, Cozumel, Oahu (Maui), and Bahamas. The land in Hawaii is tops. The Bahamas water is unmatched in places I've been. For the most part the Bahamas is very underdeveloped, which I love. I hope to retire on a boat in the Bahamas, sooner rather than later. As a side note, I love the culture and the people of the Bahamas. You really can't experience the true Bahamas at resorts or cruises.
I lived on and off in Jamaica for 5 years (my parents lived there). The beauty, food and laid back culture are the best. I hope to go back again, if I can. I never got to go to the Bahamas, but Dad loved it.

I lived on and off in Jamaica for 5 years (my parents lived there). The beauty, food and laid back culture are the best. I hope to go back again, if I can. I never got to go to the Bahamas, but Dad loved it.
I've never been to Jamaica. I'd guess it's similar to the Bahamas as in best experienced off the beaten path. If I can afford a big enough boat, it will be a destination for sure. The cost of the boat isn't the issue, it's the cost of keeping in South Florida. I was quoted $4500/month today in FT Lauderdale. That's not doable.

I've never been to Jamaica. I'd guess it's similar to the Bahamas as in best experienced off the beaten path. If I can afford a big enough boat, it will be a destination for sure. The cost of the boat isn't the issue, it's the cost of keeping in South Florida. I was quoted $4500/month today in FT Lauderdale. That's not doable.
If you ever get to go, I can tell you all the places to go without all the tourist places. I lived in Kingston and Montego Bay.

If you ever get to go, I can tell you all the places to go without all the tourist places. I lived in Kingston and Montego Bay.
My wife and I stayed at the half Moon resort in Montego Bay for our honeymoon in 2003. We loved it, but we went off the resort grounds one time and vowed to not do it again. It was a little rough and scary.

Since you've got a lot of experience with boats, maybe you can help me out...if you don't mind. I'm about to be moving to a house on Lake Lanier in a couple of weeks and am really thinking about getting a 22'-24' center console for fishing and taking the family out. I've got a good idea on what I can do when haggling on a new car, but I'm clueless on boats. Is there a reasonable percentage I should aim for below the asking price? I'm sure it depends some on the make of the boat...I'm hoping to end up with a Boston Whaler or Everglades but not stuck on them...just want something that is built to last.

Reactions: Glitch
Since you've got a lot of experience with boats, maybe you can help me out...if you don't mind. I'm about to be moving to a house on Lake Lanier in a couple of weeks and am really thinking about getting a 22'-24' center console for fishing and taking the family out. I've got a good idea on what I can do when haggling on a new car, but I'm clueless on boats. Is there a reasonable percentage I should aim for below the asking price? I'm sure it depends some on the make of the boat...I'm hoping to end up with a Boston Whaler or Everglades but not stuck on them...just want something that is built to last.
What's your budget?

Get on Facebook marketplace and look for people offering an extra slip at their house. Our neighbors rent out 2 of their slips

VN Store

Back