Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
my wish list:

a camper.
land.

money to do that.

/fat kid, dodgeball
Land is getting ridiculous. I figured if I could do the boat thing for a few years, then do the land thing in middle TN. Preferably the plateau. Maybe do a barndo. We're a very tight family so my plans will coordinate with my kids.

My wife and I stayed at the half Moon resort in Montego Bay for our honeymoon in 2003. We loved it, but we went off the resort grounds one time and vowed to not do it again. It was a little rough and scary.
Believe me I know. When my family first moved to Kingston, we had no idea. My middle brother got arrested the first night there trying to buy the evil marijuana 😂. My dad had to pay them off to let him go. When we lived in Montego Bay, dad used to let the police store their confiscated weed in our freezer. 😂

Part of my order came in. Still waiting on another shirt and my garden flag.

Yes, I bought a garden flag. Neighbors gotta know.

View attachment 656191

Everyday something trickles in... My kids are like 'is that mine?'.... My wife is like 'how much crap did you buy?'

Me...
IMG_1739.jpeg

So I assume you're going used. If it's going to be used on Lanier, you could probably go with a bay boat.

I'd try Facebook market place and buy from an individual. I'm going to sell mine but it's above your budget. It's overkill for Lanier too.

I wouldn't offer any more than 20% under asking, especially to a dealer.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions or ask me about a particular boat. Happy to help a fellow Vol Fan.
Thanks for the good feedback. We're only planning to live on the lake for the next 8-10 years while the kids are in school and then get some land to build on, so I figured a used boat makes more sense for us. I've seen some 2015-2018 BW Dauntless 240 and Everglades 243 in that range...and I'm sure there are some other great boats in that range. If we were planning to stay at the lake until retirement, then I'd be more willing to go new.

😍

I see you got the wave crashing perfectly in that last shot. I’m loving these and desperately want to go back.

But first, gonna take the fam to southern Utah for fall break.
Yeah...there are several pretty large, and hundreds of small blowholes in all that swiss cheese rock, the tide was coming back in so there were several of them going off here and there all the time...the sound of hundreds of gallons of seawater water gurgling through all that rock was amazing.

I have a bunch of slow motion and real time vids of them, but for some reason I didn't get any stills this time...I know I have sone great pics of a pretty large blowhole going off from our trip there the year before...I will try to find some good ones and post them.

Regarding Utah..OMG...you are gonna love it...what is the plan?

I've been to all three, Cozumel, Oahu (Maui), and Bahamas. The land in Hawaii is tops. The Bahamas water is unmatched in places I've been. For the most part the Bahamas is very underdeveloped, which I love. I hope to retire on a boat in the Bahamas, sooner rather than later. As a side note, I love the culture and the people of the Bahamas. You really can't experience the true Bahamas at resorts or cruises.
We went to Grand Turk a few years ago and instead of doing an excursion, we rented a golf cart and drove all the way down the island...I think it and the Bahamas are probably a lot alike culture wise..we went to a bunch of little local shops and a restaurant, and drove all over the nail town checking out the sites, and the people there are so nice.

Thanks for the good feedback. We're only planning to live on the lake for the next 8-10 years while the kids are in school and then get some land to build on, so I figured a used boat makes more sense for us. I've seen some 2015-2018 BW Dauntless 240 and Everglades 243 in that range...and I'm sure there are some other great boats in that range. If we were planning to stay at the lake until retirement, then I'd be more willing to go new.
There's a lot of good boats other than BW. Don't pay more for name. Obviously, look for a good engine. Stay away from evenrude. Most are 4 stroke now. I'm partial to Honda as I'm a Honda OEM but mercury yamaha, or Suzuki are very good engines. Look at hours. 200 hours is really nothing. Most of my boats don't have analog gauges but have N2K networks where engine data is displayed on chart plotter screens. I would prefer this over analog gauges. My boat is a Tidewater and it's awesome. I would definitely go single engine, don't let anyone talk you into twins.

Again, if you see something you like, run it by me and I'll offer up an opinion.

I've never been to Jamaica. I'd guess it's similar to the Bahamas as in best experienced off the beaten path. If I can afford a big enough boat, it will be a destination for sure. The cost of the boat isn't the issue, it's the cost of keeping in South Florida. I was quoted $4500/month today in FT Lauderdale. That's not doable.
Not a good idea to wander around Jamaica...very bad idea.

We went to Grand Turk a few years ago and instead of doing an excursion, we rented a golf cart and drove all the way down the island...I think it and the Bahamas are probably a lot alike culture wise..we went to a bunch of little local shops and a restaurant, and drove all over the nail town checking out the sites, and the people there are so nice.
Turks are on my list.

I've been to all three, Cozumel, Oahu (Maui), and Bahamas. The land in Hawaii is tops. The Bahamas water is unmatched in places I've been. For the most part the Bahamas is very underdeveloped, which I love. I hope to retire on a boat in the Bahamas, sooner rather than later. As a side note, I love the culture and the people of the Bahamas. You really can't experience the true Bahamas at resorts or cruises.
I watched a show on the murder channel the other day about a guy who was accosted and killed by pirates while sailing in that area.

I hope the pirates don't get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back