Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters somewhat because team rankings have some (not dominant) influence on recruits. Otherwise, not much.

Has anyone ever compared the final player 5 stars by year to first round draft picks? That would be mildly interesting. Especially in cases where players had been moved a lot.

But I'm not really worked up about it.

Reactions: knoxvol52
2 things....

1. Is that not what I said?

"The man was a total jerk though. If they weren't allowed to be there then ask them to leave, nicely. If they refuse, call the cops and have them formally trespassed."

2. You have to take these videos for what they're worth. You're only seeing one side. What happened prior to where the video began? That doesn't excuse his behavior but I'm not 100% sure we know the whole story.

As the son of an attorney, you should know that the prosecution isn't the only one that argues a case. In this country, the defense gets to present his case also.
The point about being son of an attorney was only to underscore the agreement about a landowner needing to be vigilant about protecting himself and his property.

I know jack **** beyond that.

I doubt a court has time to hear multiple arguments in a simple criminal case. Most likely citations are given, court cost paid. Next case seen.

Reactions: knoxvol52
What I really do think harmed us greatly last year, this year in recruiting, and this coming year in team rankings is the crooked way the Birmingham officiating stole that Bama game from us.

It took that crooked officiating plus FSU getting cheated to get Bama into the playoffs. Bama in the playoffs last year is a big advantage for DeBoer.

I think he's wrong. I'd put us ahead of OU, LSU, and A&M. I think Bama is still a toss-up because we have no idea how DeBoer will do there.
We just beat aTm. We smoked LSU the last time we played them. We haven't play OU or tu yet, so seniority rules there. UGA & Bama are the only two ahead of us in that scenario, with blammer being a question mark under Deboer.

We'll be able to confirm OU as inferior to the Vols when we smoke them this year.

The point about being son of an attorney was only to underscore the agreement about a landowner needing to be vigilant about protecting himself and his property.

I doubt a court has time to hear multiple arguments in a simple criminal case. Most likely citations are given, court cost paid. Next case seen.
Both sides get to present a case. Not just the state. At least that's what the US constitution states. 😅

Orange Beach review:

Apparently July 4th is the busiest weekend to be there...so it was crowded as hell, but didn't really bother us except Friday night when trying to find dinner after 8pm. But the beach itself wasn't bad and seeing the huge fireworks was worth it. I will say that I've been to quite a few beach spots and they were the worst when it comes to infrastructure. Not many crosswalks, nearly no sidewalks and lots of weird lane changes that seemed poorly thought out. Like an Express way that goes from 4 lanes down to 2 lanes RIGHT as you enter the beach area was congested every time we had to drive through there morning or night.

Food Spots:
Zeke's was walking distance from where we stayed, like directly across the street but couldn't make it over there because no crosswalks or pedestrian bridges. We did get a meal there Saturday though and the food was amazing. Had to get a reservation before hand with OpenTable though, don't expect to walk in and get a table. Fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. Everything we had was top notch. My only real complaint is to be a nicer spot they had freaking wicker chairs... 9 out of 10

Shrimp Basket not exactly fast food or chain, but there were a few locations down there. Similar to Aubrey's up here only they specialize in seafood. We had to snag it to-go because of how packed everywhere was but really enjoyed it and the food was ready quickly. Loved their signature shrimp slaw and they had a pretty good in house tarter sauce. Only complaint is the corn fritters and hush puppies were TINY. Probably one of the cheapest items to make and the smallest portion...weird. Overall an 8 out of 10, would like to try going in restaurant and actually getting something other than just fried baskets next time.

Vinny's Pizzeria (at The Wharf) went here to check out the shops and see what all was there, they do giant NY style slices and we call our son Vinny all the time. Was really good, not too heavy or greasy and the crust was crispy. One of the better slices I've had anywhere, 8 out of 10.

BuzzCatz Coffee and Sweets we hit this spot Sunday before hitting the road. Honestly the quality of food, service and pricing makes this the best spot we ate at. Got a bit of everything too. If I was going to gripe it'd be that they don't have great drink selection outside their coffee. If ya want a soda or juice you're getting a bottle or can with no refills. But really good food cooked fast and how you would want it. They make their own bread for toast even and it's excellent. 9.5 out of 10 this will be a "must go" spot for any future Gulf Shore/Orange Beach vacations

We also hit a few Fast Food spots that aren't around locally for quick pit stops down/back. Whataburger to me the burger is similar to Sonic, but it seems like they use fresher ingredients and the meat has a fresh not frozen taste to it. We've had it a couple times now and both were consistent quality and cheap pricing. Might be my favorite drive-thru fast food burger spot. We also tried Milo's for the first time, this is an Alabama only fast food spot. They do burgers and chicken tenders/nuggets. It reminds me of Pal's a bit, there's 2 style of burgers the original and the thick. Original is made with pickles, onions, milo's sauce you can get double patties and add cheese but that's all they have on them. The thick burger has the traditional toppings with no sauce added (like a Big Pal's). They do crinkle cut fries and fry them to perfection (crispy with no sogginess). Also offer milkshakes and fried pies (which were the best I've had at any restaurant). I would take Milo's over Pal's any day though. It's the sort of spot you crave and make special trips to get...

tl;dr

Last edited:
Orange Beach review:

Apparently July 4th is the busiest weekend to be there...so it was crowded as hell, but didn't really bother us except Friday night when trying to find dinner after 8pm. But the beach itself wasn't bad and seeing the huge fireworks was worth it. I will say that I've been to quite a few beach spots and they were the worst when it comes to infrastructure. Not many crosswalks, nearly no sidewalks and lots of weird lane changes that seemed poorly thought out. Like an Express way that goes from 4 lanes down to 2 lanes RIGHT as you enter the beach area was congested every time we had to drive through there morning or night.

Food Spots:
Zeke's was walking distance from where we stayed, like directly across the street but couldn't make it over there because no crosswalks or pedestrian bridges. We did get a meal there Saturday though and the food was amazing. Had to get a reservation before hand with OpenTable though, don't expect to walk in and get a table. Fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. Everything we had was top notch. My only real complaint is to be a nicer spot they had freaking wicker chairs... 9 out of 10

Shrimp Basket not exactly fast food or chain, but there were a few locations down there. Similar to Aubrey's up here only they specialize in seafood. We had to snag it to-go because of how packed everywhere was but really enjoyed it and the food was ready quickly. Loved their signature shrimp slaw and they had a pretty good in house tarter sauce. Only complain is the corn fritters and hush puppies were TINY. Probably one of the cheapest items to make and the smallest portion...weird. Overall an 8 out of 10, would like to try going in restaurant and actually getting something other than just fried baskets next time.

Vinny's Pizzeria (at The Wharf) went here to check out the shops and see what all was there, they do giant NY style slices and we call our son Vinny all the time. Was really good, not too heavy or greasy and the crust was crispy. One of the better slices I've had anywhere, 8 out of 10.

BuzzCatz Coffee and Sweets we hit this spot Sunday before hitting the road. Honestly the quality of food, service and pricing makes this the best spot we ate at. Got a bit of everything too. If I was going to gripe it'd be that they don't have great drink selection outside their coffee. If ya want a soda or juice you're getting a bottle or can with no refills. But really good food cooked fast and how you would want it. They make their own bread for toast even and it's excellent. 9.5 out of 10 this will be a "must go" spot for any future Gulf Shore/Orange Beach vacations

We also hit a few Fast Food spots that aren't around locally for quick pit stops down/back. Whataburger to me the burger is similar to Sonic, but it seems like they use fresher ingredients and the meat has a fresh not frozen taste to it. We've had it a couple times now and both were consistent quality and cheap pricing. Might be my favorite drive-thru fast food burger spot. We also tried Milo's for the first time, this is an Alabama only fast food spot. They do burgers and chicken tenders/nuggets. It reminds me of Pal's a bit, there's 2 style of burgers the original and the thick. Original is made with pickles, onions, milo's sauce you can get double patties and add cheese but that's all they have on them. The thick burger has the traditional toppings with no sauce added (like a Big Pal's). They do crinkle cut fries and fry them to perfection (crispy with no sogginess). Also offer milkshakes and fried pies (which were the best I've had at any restaurant). I would take Milo's over Pal's any day though. It's the sort of spot you crave and make special trips to get...

tl;dr
Georgia and Mississippi should attack Alabama and take the coast away from them.

Both sides get to present a case. Not just the state. At least that's what the US constitution states. 😅
Wait, you havent been to the new updated Circuit Courts? Its just gavel down.

Had that coming, well played.

Uh, the thought of having to walk into one of those courtrooms, watching them herd cases through at speed of light. 🤢

So glad my LSAT score was a 3, btw you get 3 points for signing your name.😂

It depends upon whether an agreement is reached pretrial. Otherwise defendant has a right to a trial and the right to an attorney.

What I really do think harmed us greatly last year, this year in recruiting, and this coming year in team rankings is the crooked way the Birmingham officiating stole that Bama game from us.

It took that crooked officiating plus FSU getting cheated to get Bama into the playoffs. Bama in the playoffs last year is a big advantage for DeBoer.

I'd also say what hurt us was how badly Joe Milton did at running the offense.

Play Calling and the RBs did a damn good job of hiding how one-sided he made us but if you watch the games we lost against good defenses they knew exactly how to shut Joe down.

The absolute biggest back breaker for us is 3 & out. The tempo that we want to run is out the door if you can't string drives together. The OL penalties last year and Joe's inability to make the right throws accurately hurt us a ton. Nico seems better at timing and is more willing to take off when he needs to plus we have returned the OL talent we wanted/needed to and added upgrades too. Should be a really different offense this season with Nico running it.

Orange Beach review:

Food Spots:

Shrimp Basket not exactly fast food or chain, but there were a few locations down there. Similar to Aubrey's up here only they specialize in seafood. We had to snag it to-go because of how packed everywhere was but really enjoyed it and the food was ready quickly. Loved their signature shrimp slaw and they had a pretty good in house tarter sauce. Only complain is the corn fritters and hush puppies were TINY. Probably one of the cheapest items to make and the smallest portion...weird. Overall an 8 out of 10, would like to try going in restaurant and actually getting something other than just fried baskets next time.

tl;dr
We've booked for Tybee Island in October. Looking very forward to it. Any suggestions from those who have been? Going to do a ghost tour in Savannah, the Crab Shack, Sea Wolf and Salt Island Fish, but suggestions are welcome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back