Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch the NBA, but he only has the power that he has because people allow him too have it. I have no doubt that he is still a great player, but the refs allow him to get calls through whining and teams give him whatever he asks for in hopes that he will bring them a trophy. He is well past his prime though at this point. The Lakers want to put their eggs in the LeBron bringing them a trophy basket then they are welcomed to it. I don't think it will pay off for them, but this entire post is a waste of my time because I think the NBA is a sub-par product and don't consume any of what they put out except to cheer for the Vols that make it to the pros. I am happy for them, but that is pretty much it.
I actually enjoy watching the NBA (especially during the playoffs). It's quite competitive. As for Labron being well past his prime, he still put up remarkable numbers this past season. I believe he'll be strong again this year but the Lakers are lacking one more 'difference maker' to contend for a title. Losing out on Klay Thompson and DeRozan going to the Kings hurts them. Now, Dalton just hast to be that third difference maker and bang threes like crazy.

For the most part I agree. There's another side to this. I have a pond. I've spent $1000's stocking the pond. I've had people fish without permission and kindly asked them to leave because they didn't ask permission. I had some kids ask and granted their request but told them it wasn't a blanket permission. I'd then catch them fishing without permission and asked them to leave. I've always told people to not take any fish but to release them. I've caught them with 5 gallon buckets and asked them what was the purpose of the bucket. Was not given a reasonable explanation, it was obvious why. They've completely fished out my pond.

Another thing is liability. Let one of them fall in and get hurt, boom! A lawsuit incoming.

I've had people want to cross my property on 4-wheelers and I've had to tell them no. I checked with my insurance agent and he said never to allow people to fish, or any activity like that. He recommended posting "no trespassing" signs all over it. I asked him about a signed release and he said it's worthless. It's ashame we've become such a litigious society but you have to protect yourself.

The man was a total jerk though. If they weren't allowed to be there then ask them to leave, nicely. If they refuse, call the cops and have them formally trespassed.
I told you I was only using the bucket to sit on!

-Matt Ray
IMG_7620.gif

It is so rigged, and attempting to generate interest in rankings its comical.

Literally kids who commit to a school early are penalized for doing that very thing. Kids who remain uncommitted, continue to generate interest and buzz, and therefore shoot up or remain.

How dumb do they think we are? Dont answer that.

I agree with this. I want kids to have fun and fish off my dock, but I also have to weigh the liability if one gets hurt and their parents want to cause trouble. I have to look out for my own family first. There's definitely some added concerns like that when living on a lake. I've had to get an umbrella policy with a lot of liability coverage just in case.
I miss the days we could just shoot trespassers.

Star players have influence, but no other star player in the league has the power James does.
Kevin Durant wanted the Nets to sign Harden done, Kevin Durant wanted out of Brooklyn done.

Jordan had more input than individuals believe, in the latter years no but during title run I would bet the house he influenced the trades. Hell Jordan had so much stroke he kept Isiah Thomas off of 1992 Dream Team. Why, because he didn't like Isiah, now that's some pull.

Not that I'm aware of.
I understand Bronny shouldn't have got drafted no argument there. Why the beef with his contract it's not like the money is coming out of anyone's pocket on here.

The more money a franchise has the more they throw it around loosely. I can rattle off hundreds of players that stole from NBA. Ben Simmons hasn't moved off the bench or played very little and lives like a king.

Ben Simmons as a#1 draft pick has made $163 million dollars and out of 8 seasons has barely played 4 years👀. Don't even get me started about Kawhi Leonard..

For the most part I agree. There's another side to this. I have a pond. I've spent $1000's stocking the pond. I've had people fish without permission and kindly asked them to leave because they didn't ask permission. I had some kids ask and granted their request but told them it wasn't a blanket permission. I'd then catch them fishing without permission and asked them to leave. I've always told people to not take any fish but to release them. I've caught them with 5 gallon buckets and asked them what was the purpose of the bucket. Was not given a reasonable explanation, it was obvious why. They've completely fished out my pond.

Another thing is liability. Let one of them fall in and get hurt, boom! A lawsuit incoming.

I've had people want to cross my property on 4-wheelers and I've had to tell them no. I checked with my insurance agent and he said never to allow people to fish, or any activity like that. He recommended posting "no trespassing" signs all over it. I asked him about a signed release and he said it's worthless. It's ashame we've become such a litigious society but you have to protect yourself.

The man was a total jerk though. If they weren't allowed to be there then ask them to leave, nicely. If they refuse, call the cops and have them formally trespassed.
As an attorneys son, who grew up on the Lake all those reasons are true and valid.

But a grown ass man should never aggressively rear his hand back to a young child. That is ridiculous.

Call the Cops, let them handle it.

When a 15 yo is the adult in the room, houston we got problems.

Last edited:
I understand Bronny shouldn't have got drafted no argument there. Why the beef with his contract it's not like the money is coming out of anyone's pocket on here.

The more money a franchise has the more they throw it around loosely. I can rattle off hundreds of players that stole from NBA. Ben Simmons hasn't moved off the bench or played very little and lives like a king.
Look, Lakers can do whatever they want, I'm just saying that you, as a fan, should be disappointed in some of their decisions. I don't hate the Lakers. I followed them in the '80's. But I'm not the fan you seem to be. If the goal is to win another championship, which it should be, then they are making piss poor decisions. And all to appease James, an aging superstar on the backend of his career. This isn't even about my dislike for the guy, which I freely admit, I'm not a fan. But to end up with Reddick as the new coach, his podcast partner with no coaching experience? To draft his son, who they could have just as easily signed as an UDFA? Lakers have botched this offseason, IMO, with the only thing working in their favor being Knecht somehow falling into their lap because other teams being stupid about his age.

JMO, but I think the Lakers are failing their fans. You guys deserve better.

Look, Lakers can do whatever they want, I'm just saying that you, as a fan, should be disappointed in some of their decisions. I don't hate the Lakers. I followed them in the '80's. But I'm not the fan you seem to be. If the goal is to win another championship, which it should be, then they are making piss poor decisions. And all to appease James, an aging superstar on the backend of his career. This isn't even about my dislike for the guy, which I freely admit, I'm not a fan. But to end up with Reddick as the new coach, his podcast partner with no coaching experience? To draft his son, who they could have just as easily signed as an UDFA? Lakers have botched this offseason, IMO, with the only thing working in their favor being Knecht somehow falling into their lap because other teams being stupid about his age.

JMO, but I think the Lakers are failing their fans. You guys deserve better.
29 teams fails every year. The goal is NBA Championship .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back