Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
As absolutely horrible an AD that John Currie was, his time here was worth it for this hire alone.
Never saw him as a bad AD. Process was flawed towards what the football program needed and he didn’t have even a plan B and panicked. Baseball had gone in a complete gutter and he was under no mandate to hire a proven. So he swung and hit with a highly regarded assistant. What I like about White is he resembles a QB going through his reads when hiring. Gets through them quick and delivers the first one that gets open. And feeds his stars (weapons) after they establish themselves as such.

Alcatraz has a restaurant?!
Not when I was there. Been 25+ years ago.

My buddy (only child) took me on his family vacations. San Fran, South Florida, couldn't complain. This trip we 1) lost his parents by accident riding the cable cars (before kids had cell phones), spilled his mom's wine in the rental condo throwing a ball around, woke up one morning to a shooting in the underwater bridge heading to Oakland, and tried to give money to an honest homeless man asking for money (for weed). His parents weren't happy. Very eventful week. Great memories.

I'd say what the priests, global church, and entire hierarchy covered up for decades was over the line.

Do bad shiz, get shiz on.
Throwing that at all regular Catholics is pure 🦬💩....hell throwing it ay all priests is pure 🦬💩...you would never go along with generalizing other groups.

I'm not in the regular business of defending Catholic teaching...but I know that most Catholic people I've met and worked with in my life are good people.

VQ posters dogging us playing Cuse next year. They want heavyweights to go along with our next-generation insane SEC schedule.

I'll never understand it.

Can we just not make it harder on ourselves? The new schedules are wild enough and we need to go 10-2 to make the playoffs (9-3 maybe as an outlier). Let's make the playoffs, keep raising our profile, and keep building like Clemson did. Recruiting will get easier when we do.

Or just keep smashing our head against the wall..as if recruits or the public care if you go 8-4 with the far and away #1 toughest SoS...it doesn't matter, all they will ever see is 8-4.

If you can be comfortable with the uncomfortable, it doesn’t necessarily have to be expensive to travel internationally. Just depends on where you go, where you stay, what you do, etc etc
That sounds like the Yes Theory group that I follow on YouTube. Fun to watch them travel the world. And I agree, there are ways to keep the cost down.

Throwing that at all regular Catholics is pure 🦬💩....hell throwing it ay all priests is pure 🦬💩...you would never go along with generalizing other groups.

I'm not in the regular business of defending Catholic teaching...but I know that most Catholic people I've met and worked with in my life are good people.
I don't think it's on all Catholics, but it is on the Vatican for actively covering it up. That makes them complicit.

Screenshot_20240709_193527.jpg

Thoughts?

This is very tough for me. Love gangster...moreso, mafioso films.

I'd absolutely have to find room for Gomorra, Once Upon a Time in America, and maybe even A Bronx Tale. Personal top 10s.

Would, with a heavy heart, probably lower The Untouchables and Scarface (bit overrated compared to the cult following by college kids imo). And Carlito's Way to make room for A Bronx Tale.

City of God, The Irishman, Resorvoir Dogs with honorable mentions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back