Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia actually has about as good a history in terms of program benchmarks as we do. We have more Titles and Conference Championships then both UGA and PSU though. The simple fact is they made the list because Georgia has been dominant lately and we haven't.

Hate it but Georgia passed Tennessee in a lot of areas with their comparative success since 2000, and particularly with their recent success under Smart. Just is what it is no matter how much you slice the data

On a whole, they are a more consistent program going back to the 1960s. You can get on college football reference and look at their record the past few decades and compare. They’ve never had moments of sustained mediocrity like Tennessee did in the late 70s, early 80s or in the 2010s. Tennessee did it to themselves, but they still did it. It’s part of the history…

Josh Heupel has more 1,000yd receivers in his UT tenure than the UGA progam has all-time.

They're a historically good program that's been great lately. 10 more years and they'll be a blueblood, but not yet.
They aren't mediocre but most certainly not a blue blood.....yet. They are one hire away from wondering the desert just like we did. They aren't bulletproof. They're just good at the moment. If theyre a blueblood then we are too.

Hate it but Georgia passed Tennessee in a lot of areas with their comparative success since 2000, and particularly with their recent success under Smart. Just is what it is no matter how much you slice the data

On a whole, they are a more consistent program going back to the 1960s. You can get on college football reference and look at their record the past few decades and compare. They’ve never had moments of sustained mediocrity like Tennessee did in the late 70s, early 80s or in the 2010s. Tennessee did it to themselves, but they still did it. It’s part of the history…
Our lows are worse but our highs are much better. Championships matter too and we've won them from the late 30s on. I will agree that the time in the desert hurt us for sure but not to the extent that they passed us up. We're back with Huepel.

Even after our time in the desert the past 2 decades, we STILL have a better win % than they do and our series is still close despite them beating us 7 times in a row lol. If that doesn’t tell you who Georgias real daddy is then I don’t know what will. Give it a few years and we’ll put them back in their place.

I don't see Georgia, Texas, or Penn State as blue bloods.

Doesn't Prinston and Yale have several championships each?
Yale Bulldogs have more recognized Football National Championship than Alabama.

18 of those National Titles.
2 Heisman Trophy Winners
100 All Americans
28 Football HOF players.

Outside of recruits that commit to the top 3 or 4 schools, commits are more than likely to drop than rise in the rankings. They need people to follow recruiting throughout the year to get clicks and make money. The way to do this is have more high ranked uncommitted players.

Now for George I don't think it's personally fair to him since he's the same player, but it's also expect that recruits who don't play the game are going to be more likely to suffer in the rankings. Would it be fair for a recruit who showed out in the Elite 11 to not move up when someone didn't even participate? What would be the point of the event? George is still a great talent, and chosing to not play the game of recruiting doesn't change his talent, but it will change what the talent evaluators will say.
It’s stupid for GMac as well but I can at least see that rationale somewhat. Perlotte though bc of his measurables? Either they did a piss poor job in initial evaluation or they did a piss poor job of adjustment bc he suddenly isn’t going to be a Georgia commit. His measureables didn’t suddenly change; also they’re not that far off what some highly ranked players ahead of him are. It’s BS bias, there’s no other way to spin it.

1720542271471.png

Y’all say a prayer for my family. My sister has two little girls (7 and 4). The 7 year old had a seizure when she was 3 and another one when she was 6. Now the 4 year old is heading to Vandy because she had one tonight. My sister is a mess. My sweet niece 🥹
Prayed for them all.

I'm patiently waiting TikTok's top 300. Football analysis and what's trending all rolled into one
You just gave me an idea how to get a TikTok check. I’m about to start my own recruiting service via TikTok. If you see a slight bias towards Vols commits, just know it’s me.

You can slice and dice data and history pretty much every which way to make about 40 programs "top 10."

I've stopped caring.
Yep. They are silly. Oct. 15 2022 proved anything anyone needs to know about Tennessee. The fanbase, traditions, and atmosphere are the best in CFB. We have been knocked down a few pegs because of bad decisions but the program remains elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back