Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

All-time wins. 11 claimed titles.

Though UGA isn't a BB either. Bit newer money.

Commonly acknowledged lists are two, the "core 8":

Bama, Mich, OSU, Nebraska, TX, OU, ND, USC.

Then the "extended 10" that throws in UT and PSU.

These have been commonly accepted by wide ranging parties. As opposed to...the opinion of one bro.

FTA: "The arm length measurement at the NFL Combine is done by measuring from the end of the bicep or shoulder blade to the tip of the middle finger with the arm extended horizontally away from the body."

Wow! As best I can self measure, my 35" sleeve measurement would be 26.5" NFL Combine. So Dye is 5 inches taller than me but his arms are 9 inches longer!

Imagine how long an offensive lineman's arms would have to be to reach Dye's jersey at the chest, to control him laterally?
Definitely want!
I saw some Kayden Proctor "highlights" the other day. He just grabbed our collars front center and swung guys around flagrantly like a semi horse-collar tackle all day with no flags. That needs to be addressed. Weird flex to post that.

More wins. 11 claimed titles.

Though UGA isn't a BB either. Bit newer money.

Commonly acknowledged lists are two, the "core 8":

Bama, Mich, OSU, Nebraska, TX, OU, ND, USC.

Then the "extended 10" that throws in UT and PSU.
Yeah, you can have a reasonable definition of “blue blood” that doesn’t include us, but not one that excludes us but includes PSU and UGA.

Mingling with some Bears fans on B/R community boards has me understanding why other teams fans hate by association.
I told them I was cropping them out and sending the photo to a Bears fan. I stifled the urge to say "Go Packers!" Wasn't easy. 😂 Was a Pack fan when I was a kid and my bro and I nearly fought when they played. God bless my mom for allowing that game on our TV twice a year.

I don't see Georgia, Texas, or Penn State as blue bloods.

Doesn't Prinston and Yale have several championships each?
There are schools that do eventually "timeout"...such as the Ivys...and Minnesota.

Honestly the 90s, early 2000s saved us. Then the next 15 killed our reputation, but we're still on the extended BB list. Thank god for Heupel. Another decade of despair and we might have been relegated.

Now to time win a title this decade and keep us up there.

Yeah, you can have a reasonable definition of “blue blood” that doesn’t include us, but not one that excludes us but includes PSU and UGA.
You'd be schocked the number of people in that thread laughing about Nebraska even being on the honorable mention list.

So many don't know the history.

Panic at your discretion

I’ll bite. It doesn’t hurt because we needed him specifically, but because we’re still not recruiting at a level where we can afford for our top rated guys to be busts. We need those guys to pan out to keep the pressure on to continue elevating our talent and level of play. Not nicking, but really disappointed. I thought a couple years with the right diet and weigh training would make him a solid rotational player. We’ll never find out.

Like everyone else, I thought @bignewt was being a giant a**hole the other day, as well...we all know what im talking about...

However, with that said, im in full agreement with him, and have always been, as it pertains to using that stupid bullsh!t "natty" term. All of you who say it, keep in mind, you look and sound like that Texas d-bag in the clip. Congratulations.

Georgia actually has about as good a history in terms of program benchmarks as we do. We have more Titles and Conference Championships then both UGA and PSU though. The simple fact is they made the list because Georgia has been dominant lately and we haven't.

View attachment 657671View attachment 657672
You can thank the haslams, Hamilton, and the path they set us on for nearly 15 years, for these even being close.

Like everyone else, I thought @bignewt was being a giant a**hole the other day, as well...we all know what im talking about...

However, with that said, im in full agreement with him, and have always been, as it pertains to using that stupid bullsh!t "natty" term. All of you who say it, keep in mind, you look and sound like that Texas d-bag in the clip. Congratulations.
You realize nearly our entire team said “natty,” right?

I'm not the only one who has said elite QBs tend to be good looking. It's a common observation that has been made countless times. In fact I would go so far as to say most of the greatest athletes of all-time were exceptionally good looking. Just look at all the GOATs. Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, and Tom Brady. All very good looking. In fact if you were to name the top athletes of all-time you would be hard pressed to find many that were ugly by conventional beauty standards.
I must say Jessica alba is probably the greatest tight end of all time. Logic checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back