Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at this game. We get the ball and go right down and score. Butch such a p**** he doesn't go for 2 EVEN AFTER they jump offside on the XP. Kamara ran the ball down their throats all game and we had like 6 guys get injured during the game. We had nothing left for OT. I was officially out on Lyle after this game.
Butch had so many “woulda, coulda, shoulda moments” in comparison to either Dooley or Pruitt. His teams had elite talent and with better coaching were contenders for the SEC and, by extension, the playoffs. So much potential wasted by incompetence.

The national media severely misled the public in the sad case involving the deaths at 3 in the morning long after the parade that ended at something like 6 pm the previous day.
Victoria Bowles lawsuit. That's what needs paying attention to. If Kirby and UGA are going to fall, that may be what brings them down. More than likely she settles, but if she doesn't, and it goes to court...

She's already talking, and filed in her lawsuit, about cover-ups by the coaches and athletic department.

"Prior to this decision, Bowles’ attorneys filed an amended complaint on Jan. 11, 2024, which included additional factual allegations that football staffers, with the UGAAA’s knowledge, regularly drove recruits and their guests after consuming alcohol, and that coaches used cash in unofficial recruiting visits."

Yes it is. Series s and series x. I didnt say or allude generation 1. Hell, do they even make old generation 1 console games anymore? At the top of every new xbox game has x/s at the top indicating series x & s.
This is what I mean, 😂, it's a lot more confusing than it should be.

There as a console called "xbox One S or X", the next generation is "xbox series s or x."

Confusing if you haven't followed them or owned one before.

I was at this game. We get the ball and go right down and score. Butch such a p**** he doesn't go for 2 EVEN AFTER they jump offside on the XP. Kamara ran the ball down their throats all game and we had like 6 guys get injured during the game. We had nothing left for OT. I was officially out on Lyle after this game.
I was there as well. It was hot as all get out, guys were dropping like flies, and that gutless coach could of ended it in one win or lose 2 yard play. Still to this day, I thought the situation was even dangerous.

Butch had so many “woulda, coulda, shoulda moments” in comparison to either Dooley or Pruitt. His teams had elite talent and with better coaching were contenders for the SEC and, by extension, the playoffs. So much potential wasted by incompetence.
No question, we should have won the East in back-to-back years. Coaching malpractice at its finest.

I was there as well. It was hot as all get out, guys were dropping like flies, and that gutless coach could of ended it in one win or lose 2 yard play. Still to this day, I thought the situation was even dangerous.
On top of that we just pulled off this big comeback after committing like 6 TOs (I still don't know how we had a chance to win that game) plus being on the road, I was just ready to get out of college station. And his ass playing for OT smh.

So they leave their current crap conference and fill the void left by Jr. and OU in the crap conference they just left and make less sense geographically and have no traditional or historical rivalries in conference to speak of?

View attachment 657905
The acc wasn't an easy enough conference, so they went to the only one even easier.

Reactions: Glitch and Devo182
He defied the "it's Jimmy's and Joe's" addage. He was so bad at coaching that he made inviolate one of the oldest clichés in football.

On top of that we just pulled off this big comeback after committing like 6 TOs (I still don't know how we had a chance to win that game) plus being on the road, I was just ready to get out of college station. And his ass playing for OT smh.
And ended up like a 5 hour game. That sun was in my face the whole time and afterwards I, as probably everyone else, was exhauted.I kept thinking crap, how do the players feel.

Probably right, but I feel like cultural issues tend to get worse over time.

Think I read a source that said Georgia players have been charged with reckless driving/speeding 16 times since the fatal crash that happened. That doesn’t even include the DWIs that players have been charged with.

Maybe nothing happens this time, but there’s obviously a “party” culture going on in Athens with players who think the rules don’t apply to them. That never tends to end well.
The only way it ever gets bad enough to hurt the program is if a scandal is going to get unearthed that Kirby was complicit and intentionally covering it up and he gets scared enough to leave to avoid punishment/suit. Thats what got Pete Carroll to jump to nfl. It’s what got urban Meyer to jump to Ohio state I believe. That’s the only way this ends up hurting them to the extent it should. And pretty sure kirby was named in the wrongful death suit and they simply settled it (WRONG - apparently ongoing over a year later due to a ga law that allows lawmakers to delay cases while in session?). So someone would need to be willing to take them all the way and have the case evidence to undeniably prove it before that scenario could even be close to happening.

Edit: I remembered incorrectly that they had settled a suit. There’s multiple suits, a smaller one over lost wages and a large one over the death and negligence. Both ongoing over a year and a half later for god knows what legitimate reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back