Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prescient posts are prescient…

Dj Khaled Another One GIFs | Tenor

Whittingham, Patterson, and Cutcliffe are the only 3 realistic, named candidates from 2008-2010 who would have lasted 6+ seasons here IMO.

It's interesting to think about the kind of leash they would have had with the program only having been down for a year or two at the time of their hires instead of a decade-plus as with Heupel.

Does the heat get cranked up on them if they aren't in ATL by 2012/2013 even if they are winning 9-10 games (with bowls) a year consistently after getting established? We were only a couple of years removed from the SECCG but at the same time it felt like we were a million miles away in 2010.
All three would have been successful (most notably Whittingham), but not at the potential level of Heupel imo. Fundamentals installation and allowing coaches to coach were their strengths. Their recruiting chops and X’s and O’s aren’t upper crust SEC level…once again imo.

Wishful thinking. They’ve had driving issues Kirby’s entire time there. If the dead player and massive lawsuit didn’t change anything, I doubt anything will.
Probably right, but I feel like cultural issues tend to get worse over time.

Think I read a source that said Georgia players have been charged with reckless driving/speeding 16 times since the fatal crash that happened. That doesn’t even include the DWIs that players have been charged with.

Maybe nothing happens this time, but there’s obviously a “party” culture going on in Athens with players who think the rules don’t apply to them. That never tends to end well.

I know he played for a different school but respect where due... Bo Jackson's God-given athletic gifts are hard to comprehend.
My cousin played against him in highschool and also taught him field events in track and field. Pole vault especially. Said he was the most gifted man he saw athletically and it wasn’t even close.

All three would have been successful (most notably Whittingham), but not at the potential level of Heupel imo. Fundamentals installation and allowing coaches to coach were their strengths. Their recruiting chops and X’s and O’s aren’t upper crust SEC level…once again imo.
I think they’d have given us Mark Richt-level results which, in retrospect, I’d have killed for, but if we hadn’t dipped as deep as we did, I’m not sure I’d have had patience.

This was amazing

I was at this game. We get the ball and go right down and score. Butch such a p**** he doesn't go for 2 EVEN AFTER they jump offside on the XP. Kamara ran the ball down their throats all game and we had like 6 guys get injured during the game. We had nothing left for OT. I was officially out on Lyle after this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back