Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wampler's is good sausage. Made on a farm in Tennessee. . .

The real question is. . .

Skoal fine cut wintergreen or Copenhagen original snuff?
Skoal Long Cut Wintergreen….just looked up the price and was shocked. Glad I gave it up….

even though I miss is occasionally.

Patterson is the greater athlete for sure..but..he has always had a well documented problem with understanding where to be, where to go and what to do without the ball...and that is the difference maker to me.

If you have to dumb down a playbook for him...that is really bad for many obvious reasons.

That's kind of my point. We would not have to dumb down the playbook in this system as receivers not in the play are typically taking that play off and if they are in the play then they are either blocking, reading what the defensive back does or running a pretty simple route.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Patterson is the greater athlete for sure..but..he has always had a well documented problem with understanding where to be, where to go and what to do without the ball...and that is the difference maker to me.

If you have to dumb down a playbook for him...that is really bad for many obvious reasons.
paterson is a once every decade athlete. maybe two decades. heck, maybe three

Reactions: Volunteer821
Got disappointing news earlier this week at my wife's check up. She got a call back from MD Anderson today. Hopefully they have a different treatment to try.

Diligence and prayer is what we have.
Prayers for you and your wife brother. My mother was just diagnosed with adreno carcenoma in her left lung. Although early indications are great with the PET scan and meetings with a surgeon and radiologist. Turns out she won't need the radiologist as of today. I hope you have better news coming.

Skoal Long Cut Wintergreen….just looked up the price and was shocked. Glad I gave it up….

even though I miss is occasionally.
I quit dipping 12 years ago and I think about it all the time. I loved Red Seal fine cut wintergreen. I'll look over the cashier's shoulder and check the prices of tobacco sometimes. It's doubled in price, since I quit.

I don't smoke but Marlboros are $8 a pack! Unbelievable

I don't get the obsession with Missouri and Eli Drinkwitz. He finally had a winning season in his fourth year at Mizzou, his only winning season so far, and people are crowning him some top-half SEC coach and a program on the rise, while Tennessee and Heupel get no mention. Recency bias writ large.

I quit dipping 12 years ago and I think about it all the time. I loved Red Seal fine cut wintergreen. I'll look over the cashier's shoulder and check the prices of tobacco sometimes. It's doubled in price, since I quit.

Marlboros are $8 a pack!
I quit smoking when Marlboro was $4.75 a pack .

Many universities are moving away or greatly decreasing the importance of the ACT/SAT for admission. GPA a much better predictor of academic success.
I don't see how. GPA varies widely from school-to-school and program-to-program. ACT/SAT are standardized. Grade inflation is endemic in education, meanwhile.

Universities are transitioning away from the ACT/SAT because they need warm bodies to admit thanks to the coming enrollment cliff and the broader threats to higher education stability.

I about flipped out when I went on the chili-cheese burrito run a while back. You dont order from a cashier, you have to use a self check-out screen and the prices are outrageous. Nearly $5 for a soft taco supreme.
Not to get political or into a “living wage” debate, but paying burger flippers $12-15 per hour was always going to come back to the customer. I got 3 combo meals from McDonald’s a week or so ago…$34.

I don't smoke but Marlboros are $8 a pack! Unbelievable
Pipe tobacco is cheap. $7 dollars for a 3oz bag of it. Lasts weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back