Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you hate the Astros? Need to know. I was thinking about being for them because my BIL in Houston got me tickets to the Vols' Super Regional this past year. My first BaseVols games ever. It was awesome! But I could always just call him and tell him congrats if they win.
It goes back to the whole Astros cheating scandal a few years ago and the f***-all-y'all way they handled it afterward and their whole team culture and the commissioner brazenly protecting their owner and the team getting no consequences for it other than a few temporary fall guys who weren't even players and they didn't even have to give back their ill-gotten tinfoil 2017 world series rings and me being a butthurt Dodgers fan who can only wonder how that magical 2017 season might have ended differently than a Game 7 WS loss and how much it may or may not have been affected by the cheating. Also they're just poopy-heads.

All this talk about cheerleaders ...makes me want to watch Bring It On starring Kirsten Dunst and Dwayne Wade's wife can't remember her name...loved that movie😎
I stand with @knoxvol52.

I also enjoyed Bring it On. I will also add Drumline to the list of movies I shouldn't admit to liking but have watched several times.

Injuries. Soroka, Wright, Anderson, Morton, Fried, plus others. The only pitching lineup reconfiguring they need is staying healthy. But still, pitching didn't lose this series.
Hitters just went into a slump at the worst time. When they have a week or so like that during the year nobody much notices.

FYI Boomers

Not a boomer. In fact, I've been all digital for a very long time but I will say that the death of physical media isn't a good thing for consumers. It ties us into the idea that we don't own a copy of the item in question but rather own a license and there's a big damn difference. How that's manifested in gaming has been completely anti-consumer as you don't own a copy of a game if you purchase it digitally. You own a license to play it on ONE specific device. Meaning if you want to play it on something else you buy the whole thing all over again. Whereas those who buy physical copies can just insert the disc in whatever new device they want. And it can get a whole lot worse than that but I'll refrain from the full tirade of how it's bad but trust me it's bad, bad. Nothing good is coming from the death of physical media - just more ways to screw us and make us purchase content we already own.

Beyond that, instead of seeing a price decrease as you'd expect with production of physical copies no longer being a factor we've seen historic price INCREASES. And we're also seeing the elimination of the secondary market that made things affordable for a lot of kids and families. I could go on and on. But the short of it is - this is bad and we need to fix the DMCA because it's going to change everything.

Well unless you like spending outrageous amounts of cash on things you already own and things that should cost much less. A new wave of piracy is incoming - bank on that and bet the market accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back