Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing a little piracy can't solve lol. If they want to take away our ability to legally own a copy of the material, just own an illegal copy. Trade the DVD case in for a USB hard drive.

Napster and the emergence of iTunes is an absolute case study in how if you overprice something it will be pirated but if you give people a fair price they'll willingly pay it. But the industry (and by that I mean the entire entertainment industry from music to gaming, tv, and film) is showing signs of having completely forgotten that lesson. Piracy has gone down in the West the past few years but I do expect it to rise soon. Prices aren't sustainable and there's too much consumer abuse. We're back to when CDs cost $20.00 and Napster emerged. The result of that mess was a price correction CDs dropped to 10.00 and piracy soared amidst the RIAA waging war on consumers before an eventual return to marketplace purchases once a fair marketplace emerged.

Reactions: Volunteer821
I'll be right over!!!!

"What is your mother's favorite thing to say when I call, Trebek!"

YARN | [Sean laughing] | Celebrity Jeopardy: Stewart, Reynolds and Connery  | Saturday Night Live | Video clips by quotes | f951b063 | 紗

I enjoy drinking room temperature water and reading the classics of an evening. Boiled chicken with plain brown rice is my meal of choice. For fun I like to organize my garage and sweep the driveway. I go to bed not later than 9 pm each evening and wake no later than 4:30 am and begin each day with calisthenics and a hearty breakfast of raisin bran without milk.
You're a modern freak :p :p :p :p

Napster and the emergence of iTunes is an absolute case study in how if you overprice something it will be pirated but if you give people a fair price they'll willingly pay it. But the industry (and by that I mean the entire entertainment industry from music to gaming, tv, and film) is showing signs of having completely forgotten that lesson. Piracy has gone down in the West the past few years but I do expect it to rise soon. Prices aren't sustainable and there's too much consumer abuse. We're back to when CDs cost $20.00 and Napster emerged. The result of that mess was a price correction CDs dropped to 10.00 and piracy soared amidst the RIAA waging war on consumers before an eventual return to marketplace purchases once a fair marketplace emerged.
Modern music sucks.

Period. You couldnt give me a CD to play.

Now, restoring an old MCM piece with a vinyl cabinet👍🏻👍🏻 Throw in some Zeppelin records, maybe the single greatest individual albums, Blues for Allah, JH Blues, Cream, and a little Texas Flood. And Imm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back