Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a boomer. In fact, I've been all digital for a very long time but I will say that the death of physical media isn't a good thing for consumers. It ties us into the idea that we don't own a copy of the item in question but rather own a license and there's a big damn difference. How that's manifested in gaming has been completely anti-consumer as you don't own a copy of a game if you purchase it digitally. You own a license to play it on ONE specific device. Meaning if you want to play it on something else you buy the whole thing all over again. Whereas those who buy physical copies can just insert the disc in whatever new device they want. And it can get a whole lot worse than that but I'll refrain from the full tirade of how it's bad but trust me it's bad, bad. Nothing good is coming from the death of physical media - just more ways to screw us and make us purchase content we already own.

Beyond that, instead of seeing a price decrease as you'd expect with production of physical copies no longer being a factor we've seen historic price INCREASES. And we're also seeing the elimination of the secondary market that made things affordable for a lot of kids and families. I could go on and on. But the short of it is - this is bad and we need to fix the DMCA because it's going to change everything.

Well unless you like spending outrageous amounts of cash on things you already own and things that should cost much less. A new wave of piracy is incoming - bank on that and bet the market accordingly.
I'm still diggin' vinyl and a reel to reel.

What is the point in playing all those games when it all becomes meaningless in post season? All the teams that won over a hundred games are out, while teams that should not even be in the playoffs are moving on?

Welcome to the 12 team playoff in college football

Have they never watch a single movie? You never ever ever open up the mummy's sarcophagus. Now all that were present are cursed and they have unleashed a plague upon the planet!

I watched that whole video and kept expecting the mummy to suddenly reach out and grab one of those guys by the throat.

I'm sure @Glitch has got his own guilty pleasures. He's just giving you a hard time.
I enjoy drinking room temperature water and reading the classics of an evening. Boiled chicken with plain brown rice is my meal of choice. For fun I like to organize my garage and sweep the driveway. I go to bed not later than 9 pm each evening and wake no later than 4:30 am and begin each day with calisthenics and a hearty breakfast of raisin bran without milk.

I stand with @knoxvol52.

I also enjoyed Bring it On. I will also add Drumline to the list of movies I shouldn't admit to liking but have watched several times.

I think there are some Lady Sitters on VN….. Can I hire you or knoxvol to cuddle with my wife and watch a romance comedy tonight?

What is the point in playing all those games when it all becomes meaningless in post season? All the teams that won over a hundred games are out, while teams that should not even be in the playoffs are moving on?
Yeah, either the playoff system is broke, or the regular season is.

Uncanny how often the teams with the best records get knocked early and wc teams win it all or at least make it to the WS.

Reactions: JCP201
I enjoy drinking room temperature water and reading the classics of an evening. Boiled chicken with plain brown rice is my meal of choice. For fun I like to organize my garage and sweep the driveway. I go to bed not later than 9 pm each evening and wake no later than 4:30 am and begin each day with calisthenics and a hearty breakfast of raisin bran without milk.
IMG_3811.gif

Nothing wrong with that ...routine..😏😏😏

I died of old age just reading that. 🤣

Uncanny how often the teams with the best records get knocked early and wc teams win it all or at least make it to the WS.
The playoff system is fine. If you don't like it, you just don't like the game of baseball. Even great baseball teams can't dominate every series.

What is the point in playing all those games? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What is the point in playing all those games? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Chaffe wheat thing. Best team in April may be crap in October. Those who love baseball love to watch as much baseball as possible. The rest of you? Use your fingers more productively. ;)

playoffs are different than the regular season…. teams go all out for each individual game in the playoffs…. In the regular season…. teams with great depth can rack up wins easier.

Chaffe wheat thing. Best team in April may be crap in October. Those who love baseball love to watch as much baseball as possible. The rest of you? Use your fingers more productively. ;)
Maybe they should go and see what the WAR was for Betts ,Freeman ,Acuna and Olson ...in their playoff series ..

Not a boomer. In fact, I've been all digital for a very long time but I will say that the death of physical media isn't a good thing for consumers. It ties us into the idea that we don't own a copy of the item in question but rather own a license and there's a big damn difference. How that's manifested in gaming has been completely anti-consumer as you don't own a copy of a game if you purchase it digitally. You own a license to play it on ONE specific device. Meaning if you want to play it on something else you buy the whole thing all over again. Whereas those who buy physical copies can just insert the disc in whatever new device they want. And it can get a whole lot worse than that but I'll refrain from the full tirade of how it's bad but trust me it's bad, bad. Nothing good is coming from the death of physical media - just more ways to screw us and make us purchase content we already own.

Beyond that, instead of seeing a price decrease as you'd expect with production of physical copies no longer being a factor we've seen historic price INCREASES. And we're also seeing the elimination of the secondary market that made things affordable for a lot of kids and families. I could go on and on. But the short of it is - this is bad and we need to fix the DMCA because it's going to change everything.

Well unless you like spending outrageous amounts of cash on things you already own and things that should cost much less. A new wave of piracy is incoming - bank on that and bet the market accordingly.
Nothing a little piracy can't solve lol. If they want to take away our ability to legally own a copy of the material, just own an illegal copy. Trade the DVD case in for a USB hard drive.

Reactions: UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back