Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, we're losing these traditional games because the conferences are expanding to chase the almighty dollar, throwing away the regional aspect of CFB that is what made the sport great and unique. I hate it, but I'm in a decided minority so it's happening whether I want it to or not.
I feel the same, college football was so cool, in part, because it’s so regional. Winning those conference titles was a badge of honor.

Here’s what you said. I read and understood what you said just fine. You’re just being a buffoon throwing a fit. Acting like there aren’t GREAT football games that weekend that barn bama compete with is pure ignorance. You’re showing plenty of that tonight. It’s impressive 👏🏼👏🏼

View attachment 586813
You are so lost in the weeds, you are focusing on my opinion of AL-Aubie, which is not effected by the proposed new expansion schedule that Saban killed. Do you understand that?

I hold the additional opinion, which is not a presupposition of anything I have argued, that Tennessee-AL and LSU-AL are bigger, more meaningful games than AL-Aub. And that they would have higher viewership, given that competition-excluded time slot. That's my opinion.

I said my ancillary opinion (previous paragraph) also has the advantage -- in case there were an independent SEC office -- that it could be put to Saban like this. If you play one rival, it must be TN or LSU. If you play 3 rivals, you can play all three, including Aubie. What do you want to do, Nickie?

But nothing hangs on that opinion except your obsession.

Tell me the big picture idea here, if you would. What does the plan that Saban is killing in the backroom call for? What does Saban's new dodging plan call for? See if we can start there.

So what game is AL-Aub up against, in case I want to change the channel. But I often do but don't have anywhere to turn. Tell me the last three time slots and the games that were on other channel at the same time. Not the same four day weekend.
OR OR OR how about you take your precious time and go look that up. While you’re at it, go look up who was on TV at the same time as bama and vols and everybody can compare at the same time lol

Are you drunk?

You are so lost in the weeds, you are focusing on my opinion of AL-Aubie, which is not effected by the proposed new expansion schedule that Saban killed. Do you understand that?

I hold the additional opinion, which is not a presupposition of anything I have argued, that Tennessee-AL and LSU-AL are bigger, more meaningful games than AL-Aub. And that they would have higher viewership, given that competition-excluded time slot.

But nothing hangs on that opinion except your obsession.

Tell me the big picture idea here, if you would. What does the plan that Saban is killing in the backroom call for? What does Saban's new dodging plan call for? See if we can start there.
I replied to your direct post referencing Alabama Auburn lol you’ve lost it tonight buddy boy

“My obsession” yet you have replied to two or three posts of mine TWICE regarding this topic 😂😂

OR OR OR how about you take your precious time and go look that up. While you’re at it, go look up who was on TV at the same time as bama and vols and everybody can compare at the same time lol

Are you drunk?
Why do you gaf about AL or Aubie? I've never seen you care about TN as much. Only baseball. You are the one dying on a weird, weird af hill.

You want to end 2 rivalry games per SEC team in order that AL plays Aubie, when AL plays Aubie anyway. You've gone fruitcake.

You want Saban to backroom a Bama schedule strength reduction act that means that we lose our games against Alabama and KY. Why?

If you think AL-Aubie is a better game than Tennessee-AL, just say it out loud. It's not imo. But that opinion is in no way decisive to the larger issue.

You really should roll with my opinion of AL-Aubie, but I don't think you understand why I advanced it, and how fun it is to troll Sabey.

Last edited:
Why do you gaf about AL or Aubie? I've never seen you care about TN as much. Only baseball. You are the one dying on a weird, weird af hill.

You want to end 2 rivalry games per SEC team in order that AL plays Aubie, when they play them anyway. You've gone fruitcake.
I don’t care about them. You basically said that rivalry doesn’t matter, that nobody else worth a **** plays that weekend, etc. So I called you out on it. Pretty simple forumla here

I haven’t said anything about ending any rivalry 😂😂 I have only called you out for sounding like a complete buffoon, dude. You’ll be ok, I promise!

Reactions: StanfordVol

Are you drunk?
I hope he is very drunk. It would at least explain his multi-hour long temper tantrum reminiscent of a two year-old.

Reactions: mrMet
I hold the additional opinion, which is not a presupposition of anything I have argued, that Tennessee-AL and LSU-AL are bigger, more meaningful games than AL-Aub.
I guess anyone is free to have insane opinions..

We don't have a rivalry as big as Auburn-Bama. None of our rivals consider us their top rival, and the teams that would, we don't respect to consider rivals at all.

Some of our fans can't stand to hear that for some reason but it isn't a statement on anything other than geography. Personally I think it's a prime time to lean into it. I can hate Bama every third year just as easy as I can hate them every year. I'll take a marginally better chance at the playoffs all day over yearly games with Bama, Georgia, or Florida.

If the SEC calls Danny White and asks him who our biggest rivalry game is, he better say Vanderbilt and keep a straight face until the call ends.

Given that Saban and Freeze have both made comments about this 7-1 format, it’s probably what is going to happen. This is what it will most likely be.

Alabama - Auburn
LSU - A&M
Arkansas - Missouri
Ole Miss - Miss St.
Texas - Oklahoma
Tennessee - Vanderbilt
Georgia - Florida
Kentucky - USCjr

I don’t care about them. You basically said that rivalry doesn’t matter, that nobody else worth a **** plays that weekend, etc. So I called you out on it. Pretty simple forumla here

I haven’t said anything about ending any rivalry 😂😂 I have only called you out for sounding like a complete buffoon, dude. You’ll be ok, I promise!
Everything you say is inaccurate. That is apparently how you understood what you misread.

I didn't say rivalry doesn't matter. I said it matters very much and Saban is trying to end two rivalry games per SEC team.

Meanwhile you cling to this weird obsession with the AL-Aub game that is not involved in Nickie's schedule shystering. You want to dispute what I said about AL-Aub (which is an unbelievably triffling sidebar compared to the schedule shystering. I am yet to see you show any interest in the big picture, or what is at stake.

You genuinely seem offended that I don't have any respect for Aub-AL compared to better games like AL-TN and AL-LSU. I just don't. But nothing hangs on the point EXCEPT what I said about how one would best respond to Sabey, which you have also never mentioned or shown any concern with.

You also seem like a weirdo to me to fight to the death for some slight of that backwater inbred alabama rivalry. Seems like you would consider it more fun and profitable to slight the guy who is trying to steal 2 traditional games from every SEC school. But whatev.

If you would rather watch AL-Aub than the TSIO, then you are getting your wish.

Under the original plan you could see both. And also LSU=Bama.

Under Nickie's new plan TSIO and our game with Kentucky both die. Auburn-GA dies. Texas-TAMU dies. Two games for school that exist for the sole purpose of protecting tradition.

Last edited:
Given that Saban and Freeze have both made comments about this 7-1 format, it’s probably what is going to happen. This is what it will most likely be.

Alabama - Auburn
LSU - A&M
Arkansas - Missouri
Ole Miss - Miss St.
Texas - Oklahoma
Tennessee - Vanderbilt
Georgia - Florida
Kentucky - USCjr
Consider how f---ed up that is. There is a plan that all the schools approve. Saban wants to make his schedule easier, so he objects. Sankey says, well, the SEC office will put this under further review, then! Whatever Saban wants! Sankey announces nothing. Saban goes on the radio and says as Alabama's coach I am announcing that this is the schedule we are forcing all SEC teams to abide by next year and thereafter. The Saban plan nixes two rivalry games per team. Both plans enable every league team to play every other team home and away every four years; so that feature is not an advantage of Saban's plan. He tries his best to make it sound as if it is. wtf. Now we await Sankey telling us: "What Nick said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back