Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saban told Sankey to void the 6-3 (three permanent rivals) plan that was reportedly ready to roll. Now Saban is out there talking about his own plan as an already accomplished fact. What more do you need, Jack?

If you mean Sabey will not write out Mizzou's schedule, so what? All he wants is to get out of playing Tennessee and LSU. 7-1 does that expressly for Saban. All sorts of "historic games" are going to be sacrificed to do it.

I also strongly dispute that Auburn-Alabama is any kind of big deal. They have to set it on a special day with no competition to create an artificial TV market for it.
you don’t think the iron bowl is a big deal?

yes they suck. but its better than scheduling a cream puff. When we schedule someone, the chances of them being in top 25, by time we play them - is better than 50%
I agree. Georgia, florida, and Kentucky have a history of scheduling as many vandys as possible every year. Granted Florida has gotten better, but only recently.

you don’t think the iron bowl is a big deal?
Nah. Absolutely not. The television told you it was but the television is selling the ads and they hype whatever they have in inventory.

They have to play Aub-Bama on a special day without any competition, so no one can change the dial. If you put it on a Saturday against other games, it gets crushed.

It's some inbred Bammaw stuff that Bammers kill historic trees over. But the rest of the country would rather watch LSU-Bama, any day.

Wrong. Saban told Sankey to void the three permanent rivals plan that was reportedly ready to roll. Now Saban is out there talking about his own plan as an already accomplished fact. What more do you need, Jack?

If this rings a bell with Saban's new custom clock rule, well, that should not be a shock.

If you mean Sabey will not write out Mizzou's schedule in detail, so what? No one cares. All Saban wants is to get out of playing Tennessee and LSU. Cutting traditional rivals to one each does that expressly for Saban. It's over. All sorts of "historic games" are going to be sacrificed to do it. He doesn't give a **** which week Mizzou plays Arkie, for example. Those triffling details are for Saban's subordinates in Saban's Birmingham Office to iron out.

Saban brags that under Saban's personally designed 7-1 rule, every team will play every other team home and away every four years. But that is more sniveling deception from Saban. The other schedule, that Saban stopped, already included the feature (which I love) that every team will play every league team home and away every four years. This is not a benefit of Saban's plan to dodge Tennessee and LSU. It amounts to a lie to use that point to sell Saban's coward's plan.
---

I also strongly dispute that Auburn-Alabama is any kind of big deal. They have to set it on a special day with no competition to create an artificial TV market for it. Tennessee-Bammaw and LSU-Bammaw are national games. No one with a full set of teeth and who is not married to his sister cares if Aubie plays Bammaw. It's a local game that Bammer fans kill trees over, but no one else would watch if there were any other game to watch.
Auburn vs Alabama has just as many National Viewers ...as a Tennessee vs Alabama game...every season...in state rival games are biggest games of the year ..whether their any good or not....

Reactions: mrMet and DarthVol1
Tennessee-Alabama and LSU-Alabama are bigger games than Bammaw-Aubie.

Unless you're married to your sister and live in an Alabama trailer park and are looking to drunk fight the people in the next trailer after the game.

Auburn vs Alabama has just as many National Viewers ...as a Tennessee vs Alabama game...every season...in state rival games are biggest games of the year ..whether their any good or not....
What's it play opposite?

You are saying Tennessee-Alabama playing against 7 other games draws the same audience that Aubie-AL when it is the only game on TV and on a holiday, and other teams have to play ******** games like GA-Georgia Tech, so the competition for the weekend is reduced anyway.

Last edited:
Plus, @Jackcrevol and @Volbeast, your Aub-Bama stuff is entirely a red herring, anyway.

Don't be played. Under the plan that Saban personally nixed after it was ready to go, the Aubie-Alabama game is one of Bama's 3 historic rival games. It wasn't going away.

Saban's plan is to drop his other two rival games. As that plays out for each team, a huge number of annual rivalry games in college football are going to be cancelled. Auburn-Georgia. Tennessee-Alabama. Oklahoma-Texas. On and on. The list of historic games Saban is putting to the knife to dodge Tennessee and LSU is where you should pay your attention.

Saban is destroying rivalry game across the conference to dodge two teams. Saban's plan kills rivalry games. Because Saban wants out of his. If you care about rivalry games, you should be upset that the SEC Office basically reports to Sabey.

I am saying if Saban wants to f everyone's rivalry games, which he does, then take away his little inbred POS game against Aubie. He's taking everyone else's games away.

Plus, @Jackcrevol and @Volbeast, your Aub-Bama stuff is entirely a red herring, anyway.

Don't be played. Under the plan that Saban personally nixed after it was ready to go, the Aubie-Alabama game is one of the 3 historic rival games.

Saban's plan is to drop his other two rival games. As that plays out for each team a huge number of annual rivalry games in college football are going to be cancelled. Auburn-Georgia. Tennessee-Alabama. Oklahoma-Texas. The list of historic games Saban is putting to the knife to dodge Tennessee and LSU is where you should pay your attention.

Saban is destroying rivalry game across the conference to dodge two teams. Saban's plan kills rivalry games. If you care about rivalry games, you should be upset that the SEC Office basically reports to Sabey.
I dont.

don't what?

don't want to stop Saban from ending historic rivalry games by the dozen in order to cancel two of his own rivalry games: Texas-TAMU, Tennessee-Bama, Tennessee-Kentucky, Georgia-Aubie, LSU-Alabama, LSU-Ole Miss, etc., etc. Sabey it killing them all and more.

Why are you against historical rivalry games?

Do you understand what a "red herring" is. It's not a fishing question.

Aubie is already one of Sabey's 3 rival games under the plan that Saban told Sankey to cancel. No change.

Or -- Sabey's backroom deal -- Saban's other two rivalry are axed. And every team in the SEC axes 2 rivalry games. If you like rivalry games, at least understand that Saban is killing them off at scale.

So tomorrow is my 23rd wedding anniversary but we went to P.F. Chang’s for an other dinner tonight to beat the rush..He’s a full time Uber driver so I hear all his stories about the riders..Anyway, today he picked up an older couple that happened to be the parents of the strength and conditioning coach for TAMU…I asked him if they were talking s*** about the game and he said no they weren’t..I said good! They know what’s coming tomorrow..A great anniversary gift to my hubby and I.
🎉🙌🏈🍊🧡🥂

Vols by Fiddy!!

Ultimately, we're losing these traditional games because the conferences are expanding to chase the almighty dollar, throwing away the regional aspect of CFB that is what made the sport great and unique. I hate it, but I'm in a decided minority so it's happening whether I want it to or not.
No, that's not it. The plan that was ready to go had all teams keeping 3 traditional rival games. And every team in the league would play every other team in the league home and away every four years. It was better than what we have now.

Saban's plan to dodge Tennessee and LSU -- not conference expansion -- is killing off rivalry games at scale across the SEC, so Saban can get out of playing the exact teams that knocked him out of the playoff last year.

Saban objected to the plan that kept 3 rivalry games. So Sankey nixed it. Now Saban personally has announced the new SEC plan. He didn't even triffle with ordering Sankey to do it.

No, that's not it. The plan that was ready to go had all teams keeping 3 traditional rival games. And every team in the league would play every other team in the league home and away every four years. It was better than what we have now.

Saban's plan to dodge Tennessee and LSU -- not conference expansion -- is killing off rivalry games at scale across the SEC, so Saban can get out of playing the exact teams that knocked him out of the playoff last year.

Saban objected to the plan that kept 3 rivalry games. So Sankey nixed it. Now Saban personally has announced the new SEC plan. He didn't even triffle with ordering Sankey to do it.

You are correct.
The original plan had Bama playing Auburn, LSU, and Vols every year.
When Saban complained, they changed out MSU for LSU.
But he still wasn’t happy.

I say Aubie-Bama is a national game only by means of a scheduling sleight of hand.

1. It's deliberately set on a holiday when no other games are on.

2. There is an entirely dispensible convention that all in-state rivalries happen on that weekend. So you're saying, it draws better than GA-Georgia Tech, for example. No big deal. (I almost said Texas-TAMU, but I think that is one of the many rivalry games that Saban's plan ends.)

But even if AL-Aub were as big as people in Alabama think it is, and a few people here think: if Saban wants to take two rivalry games away from every team in the SEC, then take Saban's 🐂💩 inbred game, too. Substitute Tennessee-Alabama.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volunteer821

do you have a link to what you are talking about? i do feel Alabama/Saban has some pull but if it is a rigged as you think it is…. Why do you watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back