Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's it play opposite?

You are saying Tennessee-Alabama playing against 7 other games draws the same audience that Aubie-AL when it is the only game on TV and on a holiday, and other teams have to play ******** games like GA-Georgia Tech, so the competition for the weekend is reduced anyway.
You’re dying on an odd hill. The last weekend in cfb szn is rivalry weekend

do you have a link to what you are talking about? i do feel Alabama/Saban has some pull but if it is a rigged as you think it is…. Why do you watch?
"Why do you watch" is not a real objection, no matter how many people repeat it.

I'm still going to watch our games, even if Saban takes two rivalry games away from every team in the SEC in order to dodge playing his historic rivals Tennessee and LSU on an annual basis. What does that prove?

You have tunnel vision. And don't read too well, evidently.

They can move games to wherever they want. Why not? Saban wants to kill 2 rivalry games for each team in the league and you think Rivalry Saturday is of any relative importance?

All in-state week does is artificially inflate the value of Aub-AL because most of the other games are lacking. But above all, for god's sake, grasp that if Bama has to play 3 rivalry games instead of cutting everyone to 1, they get to play Aubie anyway.

I don't get why people don't grasp this.

---
As for Aubie-AL itself, I think if you set it against other big SEC and national games (notice they don't exist the day after Thanksgiving) it gets it's brain beat out in the ratings. I've explained why. Habit is not your friend. That game has a captive audience with no alternatives, on a national holiday, and plays on a weekend that arbitrarily eliminates all national games.

But if you think Aubie-AL is all that, well, it still happens under the original plan. Watch up! What you lose every year under Saban's plan is LSU-Bama and Tennessee-Bama, to name only two. I think both of those games are bigger and more interesting than the inbred Alabama game.

Last edited:
Games in SEC rivalry Weekend
Mississippi vs Mississippi St. Played on Thursday
Missouri vs Arkansas played on Friday
Tennessee vs Vanderbilt
Florida vs Florida St.
Georgia vs Georgia Tech
Kentucky vs Louisville
Clemson vs South Carolina
Alabama vs Auburn
Texas A&M vs LSU

Biggest National Rivalry game on the same Weekend is
Ohio State vs Michigan

I can't believe people are so knee-jerk traditional with respect to triffling things like In-State Weekend, and yet at the same time want to let Saban kill 2 bona fide rivalry games per team for the entire SEC.

Last edited:
Tennessee vs Vanderbilt
Florida vs Florida St.
Georgia vs Georgia Tech
Kentucky vs Louisville
Alabama vs Auburn
Texas A&M vs LSU

Ohio State vs Michigan
F in-state week. Keep the extra two rivalry games per school. That's authentic tradition. I don't care which weekend people play in-state games, do you? What's at stake? Nothing.

BUT NOTICE for the love of god, Saban still can play his little tree-killing inbred Auburn game on Thanksgiving weekend WITHOUT ELIMINATING TWO RIVALRY GAMES PER SCHOOL to dodge Tennessee and LSU.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I'm saying -- as a completely separate issue -- that if Saban demands to get out of two of his rivalry games and only play one, I would tell him -- if I had a seat at the table -- then you must play either Tennessee or LSU as your one rival. Those are bigger games.

And, Saban, since you obviously don't give a f--- about ending rivalry games across the entire SEC, let your little in-bred tree-killing bullsh-t be one of the ended games.

Then he would either have to ax the Aubie game and ax one of Tennessee or LSU in his rivalry killing spree. And play us or LSU. But he can't keep Aubie. Aubie is playing Georgia. (One of the other many many annual games that Saban's plan kills.) I think he would lose interest in his competition-reduction scheme. He is banking on Aubie being the easiest of the three games.

I'm saying -- as a completely separate issue -- that if Saban demands to get out of two of his rivalry games and only play one, I would tell him -- if I had a seat at the table -- then you must play either Tennessee or LSU as your one rival. Those are bigger games.

And, Saban, since you obviously don't give a f--- about ending rivalry games across the entire SEC, let your little in-bred tree-killing bullsh-t be one of the ended games.

Then he would either have to ax the Aubie game and ax one of Tennessee or LSU in his rivalry killing spree. And play us or LSU. But he can't keep Aubie. Aubie is playing Georgia. (One of the other many many annual games that Saban's plan kills.) I think he would lose interest in his competition-reduction scheme. He is banking on Aubie being the easiest of the three games.

Why are you bringing up LSU? They're not a rival to BAMA. Miss State is more legit rival than LSU. There's bad blood there because of Saban and it's been a good series because of him but LSU-BAMA is not a traditional rivalry. It's like people trying to say Tennessee and Georgia are traditional rivals when we never have been. Rivals in the sense that we play regularly but not in the true sense of the word.

Reactions: Govolsman98
Why are you bringing up LSU? They're not a rival to BAMA. Miss State is more legit rival than LSU. There's bad blood there because of Saban and it's been a good series because of him but LSU-BAMA is not a traditional rivalry. It's like people trying to say Tennessee and Georgia are traditional rivals when we never have been. Rivals in the sense that we play regularly but not in the true sense of the word.
Yes they are. Miss State is not. And nobody cares about Miss State, anyway. LSU-Bama is a gigantic annual game. I don't care if they've only been playing for 60 years. Those sixty years define the modern era. Before that Ole Miss was LSU's rival, like Kentucky for us. And before that, Tulane was their rival, like Vandy for us. The three rivals capture the entire history.

Ask any LSU fan, they will tell you. They are pissed as f.

Reactions: Glitch
Tennessee vs Vanderbilt
Florida vs Florida St.
Georgia vs Georgia Tech
Kentucky vs Louisville
Alabama vs Auburn
Texas A&M vs LSU

Ohio State vs Michigan
also, ND vs USC has been that weekend most years (this year an exception)

Reactions: knoxvol52
also, ND vs USC has been that weekend most years (this year an exception)
Does it play opposite Bammaw-Aubie? That was the question.

Also if you want to hang your hat on in-state week, you can't have that game. Or rather, it proves that no one really gives a 💩 about in-state week, they are just used to timing and the contrived arrangement. In state games weren't always that weekend. And under the 3-rival plan that Saban is running a backroom scandal to eliminate, as I suppose I must again repeat, he can still play Aubie on a holiday when nothing is on. Or an independent SEC, if there were such a thing, might substitute TN-AL in that ideal time spot and compare numbers. Either way.

You have tunnel vision. And don't read too well, evidently.

They can move games to wherever they want. Why not? Saban wants to kill 2 rivalry games for each team in the league and you think Rivalry Saturday is of any relative importance?

All in-state week does is artificially inflate the value of Aub-AL because most of the other games are lacking. But above all, for god's sake, grasp that if Bama has to play 3 rivalry games instead of cutting everyone to 1, they get to play Aubie anyway.

I don't get why people don't grasp this.

---
As for Aubie-AL itself, I think if you set it against other big SEC and national games (notice they don't exist the day after Thanksgiving) it gets it's brain beat out in the ratings. I've explained why. Habit is not your friend. That game has a captive audience with no alternatives, on a national holiday, and plays on a weekend that arbitrarily eliminates all national games.

But if you think Aubie-AL is all that, well, it still happens under the original plan. Watch up! What you lose every year under Saban's plan is LSU-Bama and Tennessee-Bama, to name only two. I think both of those games are bigger and more interesting than the inbred Alabama game.
Here’s what you said. I read and understood what you said just fine. You’re just being a buffoon throwing a fit. Acting like there aren’t GREAT football games that weekend that barn bama compete with is pure ignorance. You’re showing plenty of that tonight. It’s impressive 👏🏼👏🏼

IMG_3544.jpeg

Reactions: Vol423
Does it play opposite Bammaw-Aubie? That was the question.

Also if you want to hang your hat on in-state week, you can't have that game. Or rather, it proves that no one really gives a 💩 about in-state week, they are just used to timing and the contrived arrangement. In state games weren't always that weekend. And under the 3-rival plan that Saban is running a backroom scandal to eliminate, as I suppose I must again repeat, he can still play Aubie on a holiday when nothing is on. Or an independent SEC, if there were such a thing, might substitute TN-AL in that ideal time spot and compare numbers. Either way.
It’s rivalry weekend, dude. Literally what it is called by everybody except you. You must already be drunk because you sound ridiculous

It is perhaps odd to prisoners of petty tradition at the expense of sacrificing truly meaningful tradition. The 2 rivalry games for each school that Saban is trying to ax are greater than whether AL plays Aubie or TN plays Vandy on one weekend or another.

Last edited:
Here’s what you said. I read and understood what you said just fine. You’re just being a buffoon throwing a fit. Acting like there aren’t GREAT football games that weekend that barn bama compete with is pure ignorance. You’re showing plenty of that tonight. It’s impressive 👏🏼👏🏼

View attachment 586813
So what game is AL-Aub up against, in case I want to change the channel. But I often do but don't have anywhere to turn. Tell me the last three time slots and the games that were on other channel at the same time. Not the same four day weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back