Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows he’s passionate about NFL and MLB. That’s okay. I did think he took it to heart. Maybe give him some breathing room and he’ll be back, which I think he will be. Time. Besides Jesus, the second best healer.
You're nice...I'm not..lol..the world needs us both I think..

I found the bit from last night, but I can't tell who asked the question. He asked not only if a loss today would be an unsuccessful season, but "another unsuccessful season." wtf. Still waiting on tonight post-game.

Question: "You guys being the number 1 team all season long [sic], it's the same narrative, does tomorrow's game weigh then a little bit more for you guys, meaning, if you guys lose it could be another unsuccessful season for you guys?" [wtf]

Tony: "No. There is no way that it is not a successful season. Basically, the way the numbers go, we don’t need to worry about anything other than tomorrow. The numbers go: you want to play at home, you would like to be playing first in a regional if you can, then if you are fortunate enough to get to a super regional, then it’s a race to two wins. That’s really all it is. If you are bored and you're on your phone for too long, or you get involved in social media chats, which will be up to you all, not our players, then you could paint all kinds of pictures tomorrow. But really what it is, is we are fortunate enough to host Evansville, one of the best teams in the country, and we are trying to win the series tomorrow."

But Tony doesn't seem ruffled, perhaps slightly exasperated but unsurprised that he has to talk with an idiot. But I'm sure it didn't sit well with him or the players.

The included video from last night at 8:10.
Hell...we have a ton of idiots in here that would be saying the same and way worse if we had lost this game.

Tony understands the nature of baseball.

Hell...we have a ton of idiots in here that would be saying the same and way worse if we had lost this game.

Tony understands the nature of baseball.
I want to know who asked that question.

There was another dumb question about whether the dugout was full of tension yesterday [and is that why you lost?] But "another unsuccessful season for you guys" is disgustingly bad. May have been some SEC beat guy.

Last edited:
I want to know who asked that question.

There was another dumb question about whether the dugout was full of tension yesterday [and is that why you lost?] But "another unsuccessful season for you guys" is disgustingly bad. May have been some SEC beat guy.
Yeah...but we seriously have tons of posters that would be in here right now saying the same stupid 💩.

Love that Tony congratulates our fans and Evansville, too.
I don't know why opponents fans hate Tony so much...he shows other teams and their ciaches way more respect than he ever gets...he goes way beyond the normal platitudes, like what he said about Rumsey(or whatever his name is)...you don’t often hear a coach say stuff like that about an opponent.

Simply because he let's his guys have FUN on the field.

I don't know why opponents fans hate Tony so much...he shows other teams and their ciaches way more respect than he ever gets...he goes way beyond the normal platitudes, like what he said about Rumsey(or whatever his name is)...you don’t often hear a coach say stuff like that about an opponent.

They hate us cuz they anus.

He was pissed about that and two transfer players that reached out to us and all they wanted to talk about was money. Then committed elsewhere. He was mad they wasted the staff's time
More proof that Tennessee Volunteer sports is not going to be the place for guys that are in it purely for the money....if anybody needed more proof.

We will hear about it from FSU fans too. Kannell had a lot to say about 2022.

Now FSU has guys getting chippy and spiking bats and it's fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back