Recruiting Football Talk VIII

It can be argued that two of the qbs during Clemson's run could've been here with competent coaching at the time - Boyd and Lawrence. I'm not including that highly recruited QB that committed with Higgins who turned out to be a bust.
Lawrence wanted to and was ready to commit to Tennessee. Huge manning fan and the family grew up vols. I despise Lyle.

Funny, watching commercials today 🫤🤦🏼‍♂️ suck so bad.

Was watching tv with the linneals other day. My wife and her friends were over for the game.

Turned on the 'Real Men of Genius' ads on YT. Man id forgotten how ****ing funny those spots are, we all laughed to tears.

The linneals had never seen them before. Sad...

Sure the Pacifico's didnt help.😂
Braj...aren't you in your earlyish 40s?

You're probably a "linneal".

However much you enjoy acting like you're the last of the Silent Generation 😅🤣

Id hate to see where they would be without Mincey,
I looked at PFF yesterday and the issue was the left side. Mincey, who was out with injury for a bit, graded ok and better than ok in run game just like when here. They were beyond awful at left G and left T. I’ve never seen a tackle with worse pass blocking grade. I think it was 5 with an overall grade of 29.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but I'm watching the replay a third time, mostly focusing on linebackers.....I can't help but notice a different swagger and aggressiveness.......I believe Inge is highly responsible for getting his unit this sharp..... They just look different.
Think my favorite all game was seeing the late 3rd quarter and all 4th quarter defense.

Usually the part of the game where our defense begins to slack...gives up a bunch of yards and makes the game look closer than it actually was.

Instead we give up a whopping 27 yards the entire 2nd half and played with our hair on damn fire. Seriously looked like our defense could've played another 4 quarters 😅

Granted it’s infected with Gumps, that’s not a bad town to enjoy football. I’ve never been to Lexington.

Gainesville is the little rolls of TP stuck in your cornhole. That plus meth and pestilence. And sunburned eyelids.
Thats enough for me.

Gainesville is absolutely 2nd though with a long way to 3rd. It is one big landfill and I hate even driving thru it.

Mayo boy sank the optimism in the fan base so quick. I do appreciate that. Didn’t lead us on. They would be pretty good if he weren’t such a knucklehead.

Yeah, I thought defense might take a step back with Vrabel gone, but that was probably the best defensive game in Titans history. Not often you hold any team under 150 total yards

For the unheralded flyer from Bama that never got thrown to. We got lucky on his pickup.He was clutch.

Huge game from our TEs, despite the callback TD.

Btw was Davis healthy? Surprised we had so many TE plays, but don't remember seeing our best receiving TE.

Reactions: DD4ME
"Your people seemed to enjoy the homage I sent to John Ward at the end of the Will Brooks pick-six call," said Davis to co-host Ryan McGee (a Tennessee graduate). "They seemed to enjoy that. Got a lot of positive feedback, which is not typical for the feedback that anyone in the media gets from Tennessee fans, typically. So I was grateful for that."

Tennessee fans give love when given love. The media, even our local media, rarely gives Tennessee love. When they give us negativity, we return that, in spades.
Nailed it...the question is why do these guys in the media not understand that? They have all piled on with glee for the last decade and a half...often seeming to go WAY out of the way just to find more negative things to say so as to kick us even harder while we were down...

That is the root cause of it. They can all change that if they want.

Nailed it...the question is why do these guys in the media not understand that? They have all piled on with glee for the last decade and a half...often seeming to go WAY out of the way just to find more negative things to say so as to kick us even harder while we were down...

That is the root cause of it. They can all change that if they want.
Even the quote in Weezer's post does it. Had to throw in a comment about the negative, mean old UT fans. Eh. Whatever...

VN Store

Back