Recruiting Football Talk VIII

View attachment 675434
View attachment 675435

Well, the Vols neutered the Wolfpack in Charlotte on Saturday. It was a close game until it wasn't. NC State never really got out of neutral and ended the game with less than 150 yards of total offense (only 39 yards on the ground) and only 3 offensive points. The Vols defense was smothering all night long and were sure tacklers and assignment sound. Unfortunately for Kent State, the Vols defense looks really really good in it's first two outings of the 2024 campaign. The chance, singular, that the Kent State Golden Flashes is the ever so tiniest of flames that is about to be doused by a tidal wave of Orange. Here are a few things to look for in this glorified scrimmage for the Vols...

1. Please no injuries - The Vols are looking really good so far and we have been able to get through the first two games with minimal bumps and bruises. It is a long season and we are deep in some positions, but not everywhere. It is crucial for us to get out of games like these as healthy as possible. We will probably see the 1's through the first half, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we were far enough ahead by the end of the 1st Qtr to pull the starters and give the backups the majority of the snaps in this game.

2. That's pretty much it - We have seen what to expect from most of our 1's and aside from getting them some live game snaps to clean up a few low hanging fruit corrections there is not much for us to prove in this game. I think that Gaston and Merk can lead the offense to enough points to cover the spread and I don't think our 2/3's on defense will give up many if any points against a Kent State team that is averaging only 50ish yards rushing per game and less than 200 yards passing per game. It would not surprise me if Kent State gained a yardage total similar to the Woofpack of only about 150 yards total.

Score Prediction:

If the 1's play the full first half...
Vols: 63
Golden Showers: 3

If the 1's play less than the first half...
Vols: 60
Golden Showers: 3
Screenshot_20240910_180734.jpg

Looks like they ranked her because of the farce of a competition she won to go to the Olympics. Did we ever find out if she rigged that?
No need to rig. Easy to play the game.

Just look at the last Winter Olympics and the "snowboarder" that rode nearly straight down the halfpipe without even attempting a trick.

Fact is most of these athletes that play small time events, especially on the womens' side, don't have the time or money to go on these absurd escapades to rack up points.

So if someone does have the tenacity and time to go and do so, they can earn their way in. Right or wrong. It's basically the US youth soccer equivalent, in the olympics.

The best don't necessarily get in, just those with the advantages of time and resources. Privilege ruins all.

OU’s shaky o-line just lost its starting center for the season:

As eager as I am to beat them, I sincerely hate that for them. They drew a tough debut-in-the-SEC schedule (unlike Texas) and losing your center is second only to losing your QB.

But I'm guessing Coach Garner has already bought and signed his sympathy card to OU's offensive line coach... just so he can proceed with a clear conscience to go all Sun Tzu/Rommel/Space Invaders with his game plan!

* Bet the over/under for offensive timeouts called by OU in the first half will be 2 even.

I know this much...she said due in the winter..so somewhere between Dec 21 and March the 20th, that doesn't take a f'n math professor or a womens biology professor to figure out...you don't need to be an ass to that dude.

I know you are the Simp King that feels it is your solemn duty to help destroy the hated patriarchy...but there was nothing wrong with what that guy said, or anything anybody else that says this is going to be a potential problem for UT and her both.

I am proud for her...but the timing is honestly bad...and I seriously doubt it was her plan to carry and have a child right in the middle of her rebuilding a proud but ruined program. That is a LOT of stress for her to be dealing with during a pregnancy.

That is just the truth and there is nothing wrong in speaking the truth...just because you and people like you don't want to hear it.

I hope this works out well for her and the baby to both be healthy AND for her to be able to do the hard stressful work of rebuilding the Lady Vols program to national prominence....that is what she was hired to do.

All we can do as Vols is support her and hope everything works out..IMO she seems to be cut from Pat Summitt cloth...so I believe it will.

But...This is going to be interesting.
So we will support her! She seems to be a competitor and her players seem to respect and care about her. We’ll know more as the season progresses. Sometimes blessings come when we least expect…

I worked up until I delivered with both of mine - and tried to play pickup basketball when I was over 8 months pregnant with my first one. Needless to say, I didn’t anticipate my balance being way off (I was “front heavy”)! Luckily for me, the guy guarding me kept me from pitching forward after that jumpshot. I subbed out after that! 😁

I hate Bama but Tuscaloosa is okay. Gainesville is just a bigger Starkville. Absolute 💩hole. I hate Georgia but Athens is a fun town to visit.
Can't imagine a place full of gumps not being hell on earth. Granted I haven't been there in 22 years but at that time the Krystals was the nicest thing in that dump. Athens isn't bad, but my GT buddy refers to it as the world's largest trailer park. Yeah Starkville is Gainesville minus the crocs and jorts........the mullets are alive and well in both places.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Yet I still fondly remember Unhinged Bass dying on the Bailey hill over Hendo Cinco.
I admit that I thought Bailey was going to be good, and should be given a shot.

I watched the kid in HSxsnd I thought he showed moxie and talent, he made some really great plays under pressure against really talented teams...I will never understand why he sucked so bad.

When he left...I thought he would at least do well at a small FBS or a FCS school.

I was wrong...badly wrong.

But I still don't understand...is the kid just a total moron?...I know he could throw it better than most of the QBs I see at the lower levels...🤷‍♂️

I've been wanting to get a projector for my back porch as well, would you recommend the model/brand that you use?
Here's my stuff. It's really an inexpensive setup:

Screen: Limited-time deal: Mdbebbron 120 inch Projection Screen 16:9 Foldable Anti-Crease Portable Projector Movies Screens for Home Theater Outdoor Indoor Support Double Sided Projection Amazon.com

This is a better version of what I have. The model I have is no longer available. It's much higher resolution:

[Electric Focus]4K Projector with WiFi6 and Bluetooth 5.3, 22000L Outside Video Movie Projectors, OWNKNEW Outdoor Gaming Projector, Support Auto Keystone Correction for Phone/TV/iPhone/HDMI/USB Amazon.com

I also use a standard camera tripod.

The audio is terrible on mine so I use either the audio out jacks or a Bluetooth dongle paired to a Bluetooth speaker. You can definitely improve on the audio from what I do.

I use a firestick to stream the games/movies.

Hope this helps and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back