Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Josh Allen is bigger and stronger than Mahomes. Josh Allen has better arm talent than Mahomes. Josh Allen is faster and more athletic than Mahomes. There's literally not a single trait that Mahomes has on Allen.

Josh Allen is the greatest talent we've ever seen at the QB position. At some point luck will even out and the more talented player will win.
Joe Milton is also more talented than mahomes. But Joe Milton will never ever be better than mahomes. Just because a quarterback had the better physical tools doesn’t make him a better player. Allen doesn’t have what mahomes has between the ears and that’s why he has never won anything

Joe Milton is also more talented than mahomes. But Joe Milton will never ever be better than mahomes. Just because a quarterback had the better physical tools doesn’t make him a better player. Allen doesn’t have what mahomes has between the ears and that’s why he has never won anything
Joe Milton is the greatest talent we've ever seen at the QB position/best of all time by his logic....

Allen is a beta QB. Mahomes is the alpha of alphas. No lead is safe if he’s on the field. Makes his weapons better. That’s a Manning/Brady quality. Allen doesn’t stack up.
Allen doesn’t have what mahomes has between the ears and that’s why he has never one anything

Yall act like Allen hasn't been beating Mahomes every time they've played in the regular season lately while also being just as good as him in the postseason. He went throw for throw with Mahomes in both 2022 and 2024 divisional games. Both games came down to the wire. It's like saying Michael Jordan will never be on Magic Johnson's level in 1990 because one guy has 5 rings and the other has 0 rings. If you watched them play you would know Jordan was just as good he simply lacked the supporting cast at the time. Then once Jordan got a squad he never looked back.

Allen could easily win the Super Bowl this year. Dismiss his talent at your own peril.

Yall act like Allen hasn't been beating Mahomes every time they've played in the regular season lately while also being just as good as him in the postseason. He went throw for throw with Mahomes in both 2022 and 2024 divisional games. Both games came down to the wire. It's like saying Michael Jordan will never be on Magic Johnson's level in 1990 because one guy has 5 rings and the other has 0 rings. If you watched them play you would know Jordan was just as good he simply lacked the supporting cast at the time. Then once Jordan got a squad he never looked back.

Allen could easily win the Super Bowl this year. Dismiss his talent at your own peril.
Everything on the line WHEN IT COUNTS? One gets it done…the other fails in high athletic fashion. 😎

6'5" 240 lbs. Elite running ability. Elite arm talent. No QB in NFL history has ever checked all 3 of those boxes simultaneously. Some have hit 2 of the 3. For example, Big Ben had the size and arm talent but not Allen's athleticism. Then you got a guy like Cam Newton that has the size and athleticism but lacked the arm talent. Then you got Randall Cunningham who had the arm talent and athleticism but not the size.

Only Allen in the history of football checks all 3 boxes when it comes to elite size, elite athleticism, and elite arm talent. That's why he's the best of all time.
Yeah, he's also turned the ball over 41 times in last 33 games, is 29th in INT percentage, and owns a passer rating that comes in at 16th overall for all qualified QB's...
If the qualification to be the greatest is turning the ball over...
He's definitely in the G.O.A.T. discussion.

Another update. I’m starting to believe in miracles. OH is out of critical care and into a regular room. He recognized me instantly and was lucid. Still a little bit of confusion but more on things like what year it is which you can lose track of when you get sick for a while. He was happy and hyper as hell (I told him I thought he was high on being able to breathe again). He was giving the nurses a helluva time cutting up and laughing. I woke up this morning crying and expecting more of the same or maybe a little bit of progress. I definitely did not expect such improvement. He still looks like he has been through hell (and he has) but at the same time he looks 100 times better than yesterday.

I have no idea how someone so ill can go from a ventilator to this so quickly but I’m on cloud nine. He isn’t out of the woods yet but he is making quick work of the trek back.

Yeah, he's also turned the ball over 41 times in last 33 games, is 29th in INT percentage, and owns a passer rating that comes in at 16th overall for all qualified QB's...
If the qualification to be the greatest is turning the ball over...
He's definitely in the G.O.A.T. discussion.

Now post Mahomes INT numbers. They probably aren't that far off Allen. I'll tell you what Allen has over Mahomes though. Total TDs. In the last 3 years nobody comes to close to Allen in combined passing and rushing TDs. So while he does turn the ball over more than anybody else, he also scores more TDs than anybody else.

Kobe Bryant led the league in scoring as well as missed shots. You can't just focus on Allen's turnovers and ignore the fact he's also leading the league in scoring TDs.

Oh. Stupid sport. What do the people that compete in shooting sports do? Surely most have day jobs.
The qualifying rules aren't the same. Same with skateboarding, that's why you don't see any of the big names in the Olympics. It's really dumb.

Reactions: DD4ME
It's almost like there are facets to the QB position and football is a team sport....

Joe had less WR weapons than Hendon.
Hendon was a better runner, decision maker, and had better touch.

Both might have contributed.

Brady was as scrawny, slow and old as any QB in history. He still went down the road and got the crappy Buccaneers a super bowl win.

There are physical gifts, mental gifts, and the gift of luck (Stoerner fumble). You just need to get the right combo and you can win big.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brillovol
Now post Mahomes INT numbers. They probably aren't that far off Allen. I'll tell you what Allen has over Mahomes though. Total TDs. In the last 3 years nobody comes to close to Allen in combined passing and rushing TDs. So while he does turn the ball over more than anybody else, he also scores more TDs than anybody else.

Kobe Bryant led the league in scoring as well as missed shots. You can't just focus on Allen's turnovers and ignore the fact he's also leading the league in scoring TDs.
In TWO more career games, Mahomes has one less passing TD than Allen has rushing AND passing. Add his twelve rushing TDs and he surpasses him by ELEVEN. Allen has 78 ints to Mahomes 63.

Who get's their first NFL start first... Hendon Hooker or Joe Milton???
Man there is already chatter of trading Hooker.i don't think he has had good practices and he is practicing with the third string. It sucks because he is rusty coming off injury. I could see Milton getting pre-season time.

Man there is already chatter of trading Hooker.i don't think he has had good practices and he is practicing with the third string. It sucks because he is rusty coming off injury. I could see Milton getting pre-season time.
This!!

Hooker probably be better off if he gets traded, Goff just signed a 4 year extension to play for Lions.

$36.6 million reasons Drake Maye will be starting in New England.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, today was a good day. I was notified that I have been selected for a developmental special duty assignment as a First Sergeant for the Space Force at Wright-Patterson AFB. This is a first for the service regarding First Sergeants. Up until now, many Space Force units are still using Air Force First Sergeants, so now the Space Force will be filling those positions from our own members, and I was selected as part of the initial cadre. It's a good feeling and the culmination of many years of work. It's also great for my family because I'm already stationed at WP so I'll just be moving to a different unit instead of moving to a new location. Lastly, Go VOLS!

6'5" 240 lbs. Elite running ability. Elite arm talent. No QB in NFL history has ever checked all 3 of those boxes simultaneously. Some have hit 2 of the 3. For example, Big Ben had the size and arm talent but not Allen's athleticism. Then you got a guy like Cam Newton that has the size and athleticism but lacked the arm talent. Then you got Randall Cunningham who had the arm talent and athleticism but not the size.

Only Allen in the history of football checks all 3 boxes when it comes to elite size, elite athleticism, and elite arm talent. That's why he's the best of all time.

Tier 1 - Mahomes

- a country mile -

Tier 2 of QBs where Allen lives among others

Get a grip.

Another update. I’m starting to believe in miracles. OH is out of critical care and into a regular room. He recognized me instantly and was lucid. Still a little bit of confusion but more on things like what year it is which you can lose track of when you get sick for a while. He was happy and hyper as hell (I told him I thought he was high on being able to breathe again). He was giving the nurses a helluva time cutting up and laughing. I woke up this morning crying and expecting more of the same or maybe a little bit of progress. I definitely did not expect such improvement. He still looks like he has been through hell (and he has) but at the same time he looks 100 times better than yesterday.

I have no idea how someone so ill can go from a ventilator to this so quickly but I’m on cloud nine. He isn’t out of the woods yet but he is making quick work of the trek back.
God is great! Amen!!

Gentlemen, today was a good day. I was notified that I have been selected for a developmental special duty assignment as a First Sergeant for the Space Force at Wright-Patterson AFB. This is a first for the service regarding First Sergeants. Up until now, many Space Force units are still using Air Force First Sergeants, so now the Space Force will be filling those positions from our own members, and I was selected as part of the initial cadre. It's a good feeling and the culmination of many years of work. It's also great for my family because I'm already stationed at WP so I'll just be moving to a different unit instead of moving to a new location. Lastly, Go VOLS!
All the Army and Marine vets in here right now are trying so hard not to bring the inter-service rivalry thunder down on you right now. Congrats on the the 1SG posting!

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? - Family Guy GIF

You know what really grinds my gears....

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? - Family Guy GIF

You know what really grinds my gears....

You forgot to add transmission fluid?

VN Store

Back