Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I love the Smokeys...I do not understand why so may of you guys don't. I don't like em as much the Dark Modes but I do like them

I don't hate the all orange, but it is my least liked.
I feel like the dark modes have been perfected now.

As for all orange, I am old enough to remember when it was a cursed combo. That's still not out of my head.

I think we need cotton uniforms..

Cotton breathes, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier - they're gonna play better.

As for all orange, I am old enough to remember when it was a cursed combo. That's still not out of my head.
Before that orange on orange was a charmed combo, reserved mostly for bama, winning many big games. We demolished ND in what used to be called "double orange," too. They were the original alt uni iirc, introduced by Majors, along with orange pants on the road.

Since nothing much is going on, I added some highlights.

Last edited:

Cotton breathes, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier - they're gonna play better.
They’ll also weigh 10lbs more once they sweat in them. Cotton kills

I agree dark mode is the best alt. I'm glad we were classics for major rivals. That mostly s historical note on the double orange. It was the bomb back then.

Couple of these former players I’m looking forward to matching up against them. Addison lining up at center against those dtackles that’s been kicking his arse the past few years at practice. Slaughter being schemed up by Heup with trying to run with Squirrel. Possibly having Turnage trying to guard Bru or Brazzell in a playoff game against Ole Piss. Possibly having Herring trying to cover anyone in a longshot playoff game against Memphis.

I'm not big into uniform colors impacting the game from a superstition standpoint. I'd say them knowing what we were running on evry play had much more to do with that loss.
Your post made me think...Does any non-smooth brained Tennessee fan still believe that SC really won that game and the Clemson game fairly?

Are there any doubters left?

You know what's funny and absolutely awesome if you think about it....they knew what was coming on offense and we still put 38 pts and 507 yards on them. 🤣

Has that occurred to anybody else?

I'm guessing this is a /s post? I hate when I don't know if someone is joking.

VN Store

Back