Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Not really, I think the team as a whole played great. I just think they've got some things they can improve on and there's a lot left in the tank. I don't think we've come close to seeing the full potential of this team, especially on the offensive side. I'm extremely anxious to see it happen.
This. I know NC State played to take away big plays in the passing game, but the offense still made several drive killing mistakes and showed that they're not hitting on all cylinders yet. That's not a knock on them because they were still really good. I actually think it's exciting to know that they've got an even higher ceiling they'll reach at some point this season.

Yes.
Before. I die , I want them to wear ALL ORANGE 🍊 including the Helmets.
I know, I know, most of you hate them.
I don’t care. I love them.
If we ever just win in them, the SCarolina memory of them will fade.
I think 🤔 for some anyway. lol.
GBO!
I didn't think the orange matched our orange. That was my only complaint.

The difference in us and Clemson is at the top...Dabo is not Heupel.

He is nowhere near the talent developer, evaluator and basic football genius that Heupel is. He was a good CEO type that built a really good group of loyal assistants that were all those things. When his management team started to fall apart...his team on the field started to follow suit.

That plus his stubborn egocentric refusal to play the NIL game is his downfall.

In summation...He is the modern coach equivalent of Philip Fulmer.

Very fitting that this is the verse for today and these thoughts hit home very hard. I’ve been struggling with a lot of things in my career. Most of you know that the veterinary profession carries one of the highest suicide rates in the world. That is never an option for me, because my faith in God and his promises are too strong and great to lose them. I have been struggling immensely with a lot of things and, am considering walking away from the Equine profession that I have given over 23 years of my life too. My plan is to convert to small animal medicine. While equine medicine is my passion, I have reached the point that I can’t keep doing it the way that I currently do it, and my boss seems to be unwilling to make any changes for me that I need. I read this verse as I started reading a four page letter to him yesterday morning. Now I see it on here this morning with all the things I feel and struggle with. Thanks for this! I feel like it’s God telling me I’ve got you and I have your plans laid out for you… Just trust in Me, so I will as I always have tried to do. Sorry for getting off topic.
God speaks.

Also, where are you at, if I may ask?

I didn't think the orange matched our orange. That was my only complaint.
Wonder if same company made them?
Nike?
Or were some of our white ones just poorly painted buy the Vols staff?
In this day and age, Pantone 151c should be easy to duplicate on any type of material be it fabric or plastic.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I may be in my 50's but I really like the Dark Mode uniforms best. Guess I'm still a youngster at heart and the recruits and players seem to like them as well.
I've always wanted a black and Orange uni...literally ever since I became a Vol fan at 16.

I could always just imagine how those colors would look so bada**...so I love them too.

I know that is an odd attitude coming from an old school curmudgeon like me...but I was just ahead of the curve on that one...lol.

Just because

Loved the throw and catch.

I'll nitpick with a lesson from volleyball, however. Don't dive unless you absolutely have to. You have more body control if you can stay on your feet. If he could've stayed on his feet, he gets more yards and possibly a touchdown. He might not coulda helped it, but when I saw him open I was thinking touchdown.

Regardless, great throw and catch given the game situation.

Dark mode is great. Love it, have a DM HH jersey. Have an EB Orange Adidas jersey too. Love the storm trooper look.

Dont like the orange and orange combo. Further, the orange helmet (additionally) belongs in a museum.
This.

I’d be good with only orange over white at home (no all orange), 1 alternate per year in dark mode, and I’m good with either white over orange or storm trooper on the road.

Basically, I’m dropping Smokeys and all orange.

The best part about College Football 25 is you can switch up uniform combos.

Orange helmets, black jerseys & orange pants is pretty badass, definitely would look good for late October games.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Not really, I think the team as a whole played great. I just think they've got some things they can improve on and there's a lot left in the tank. I don't think we've come close to seeing the full potential of this team, especially on the offensive side. I'm extremely anxious and excited to see it happen.
Me too...we have the potential to unload an epic beatdown on some unexpected team this year.

If/when we have a game where our defense plays their best, and the offense is having one of THOSE nights....you could see a 40 point massacre of a top 10 team.

This.

I’d be good with only orange over white at home (no all orange), 1 alternate per year in dark mode, and I’m good with either white over orange or storm trooper on the road.

I think one and or other of Smokey and DM.

Dark Mode has to stay. I even like orange breetches with white top. I do NOT like all urnge.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Last edited:
This.

I love the Smokeys...I do not understand why so may of you guys don't. I don't like em as much the Dark Modes but I do like them

I don't hate the all orange, but it is my least liked.

Very fitting that this is the verse for today and these thoughts hit home very hard. I’ve been struggling with a lot of things in my career. Most of you know that the veterinary profession carries one of the highest suicide rates in the world. That is never an option for me, because my faith in God and his promises are too strong and great to lose them. I have been struggling immensely with a lot of things and, am considering walking away from the Equine profession that I have given over 23 years of my life too. My plan is to convert to small animal medicine. While equine medicine is my passion, I have reached the point that I can’t keep doing it the way that I currently do it, and my boss seems to be unwilling to make any changes for me that I need. I read this verse as I started reading a four page letter to him yesterday morning. Now I see it on here this morning with all the things I feel and struggle with. Thanks for this! I feel like it’s God telling me I’ve got you and I have your plans laid out for you… Just trust in Me, so I will as I always have tried to do. Sorry for getting off topic.
🫶 don’t apologize for that.

VN Store

Back