Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Though far different careers, after much prayer and discussion with my spouse I made changes to my employment status and chosen career in my 40s that resulted in great benefits to us, our industry and His work. I became thankful for the past good and bad experiences that led me to better days. I pray the same or better for you, bud.
Thanks so much for sharing and your prayers! It gives me hope I’m doing the right thing for my family and me.

That's the main thing WWE needs, competition. Like the old territories. Don't get me wrong, it's good, especially a couple of their storylines; but, it's a far cry from straight fire. The worst thing that ever happened to professional wrestling was a winner to the wars. Once Vince won, wasn't long before it became stale, and I was no longer watching.

AEW needs to rise up. They have mucho talent...terrible booking, though. As you said, MJF is a superstar, a total package. His booking is straight garbage though, for the most part.

I'm really interested to see what RAW has in store, once it switches to Netflix. Anxious to see what HHH has up his sleeve for that.
WWE has dropped the ball with a few that defected to AEW. Swerve Strickland has became a main event wrestler and with the pipeline to the Japanese wrestlers AEW would be killing WWE in ratings, if Tony Khan would hire a real guy to book matches and build storylines. Kenny Omega would kill it in WWE as well if he could stay healthy. Feel bad for Adam Cole though one injury after another is hampering his career but has a gorgeous GF Britt Baker.

On the other hand when WWE makes the move to Netflix I believe you will see more of the Attitude Era again. Think HHH has been handcuffed with this family entertainment theory, tried to keep the shows PG-13 on USA Network and Fox.

Last edited:
Very fitting that this is the verse for today and these thoughts hit home very hard. I’ve been struggling with a lot of things in my career. Most of you know that the veterinary profession carries one of the highest suicide rates in the world. That is never an option for me, because my faith in God and his promises are too strong and great to lose them. I have been struggling immensely with a lot of things and, am considering walking away from the Equine profession that I have given over 23 years of my life too. My plan is to convert to small animal medicine. While equine medicine is my passion, I have reached the point that I can’t keep doing it the way that I currently do it, and my boss seems to be unwilling to make any changes for me that I need. I read this verse as I started reading a four page letter to him yesterday morning. Now I see it on here this morning with all the things I feel and struggle with. Thanks for this! I feel like it’s God telling me I’ve got you and I have your plans laid out for you… Just trust in Me, so I will as I always have tried to do. Sorry for getting off topic.
Brother, Gods word will always find the open heart. I’ve really enjoyed and needed these recently myself. 🙏🏻👊🏻

Bacon dip
8 oz mayo
10 oz mozzarella
8 oz of cream cheese
10 strips of crispy bacon
Mix all of that into a large glass dish. Microwave for five minutes or until completely melted. Drain grease and crumble ritz buttery crackers on top evenly. Use the rest of the crackers for dipping. Hot chicks will strip naked at parties and will beg you to make more. Follow me for more ways to score with hot babes.
Screenshatted for the future. Thanks

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Next time you come to Knoxville for a game, go to this on Friday night, 😂

Dark mode is great. Love it, have a DM HH jersey. Have an EB Orange Adidas jersey too. Love the storm trooper look.

Dont like the orange and orange combo. Further, the orange helmet (additionally) belongs in a museum.
That orange helmet did not translate. Looked bad. Like a peach.

So you don't think he really thought there was more meat on the bone?
The fact we scored 44 and run up 470 is all I'm going to continue to talk about.

Just because we scored 5 Tds and 3 FGs instead of 8 or more TDs doesn't change the fact that we unloaded a brutal beatdown on NCST.

There was a pretty decent defense on the field facing our offense after all...you guys all seem to think we were playing a FCS scrub or Vandy level team...we were not.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The fact we scored 44 and run up 470 is all I'm going to continue to talk about.

Just because we scored 5 Tds and 3 FGs instead of 8 or more TDs doesn't change the fact that we unloaded a brutal beatdown on NCST.

There was a pretty decent defense on the field facing our offense after all...you guys all seem to think we were playing a FCS scrub or Vandy level team...we were not.
Not really, I think the team as a whole played great. I just think they've got some things they can improve on and there's a lot left in the tank. I don't think we've come close to seeing the full potential of this team, especially on the offensive side. I'm extremely anxious and excited to see it happen.

Last edited:
Not really, I think the team as a whole played great. I just think they've got some things they can improve on and there's a lot left in the tank. I don't think we've come close to seeing the full potential of this team, especially on the offensive side. I'm extremely anxious to see it happen.
Would like to go down field more with all the speed at WR. Nothing like a 55 yard bomb to start the day.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Who stated that Black and White were Main Colors now?

Nothing wrong with different Uniform colors. Not a Braves fan in the least but I really like the Red Jerseys they wear occasionally.
I’m partially responsible for that because I posted that I was a little disappointed when our baseball team wore black instead of Orange during the national title game. I meant it a little tongue 👅 in cheek but it kind of became A THING on here for some people. So I had to apologize and for penance had to sing Rocky Top 100 times while naked dipped in honey 🍯 while running through a bee 🐝 hive.

VN Store

Back