Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Very fitting that this is the verse for today and these thoughts hit home very hard. I’ve been struggling with a lot of things in my career. Most of you know that the veterinary profession carries one of the highest suicide rates in the world. That is never an option for me, because my faith in God and his promises are too strong and great to lose them. I have been struggling immensely with a lot of things and, am considering walking away from the Equine profession that I have given over 23 years of my life too. My plan is to convert to small animal medicine. While equine medicine is my passion, I have reached the point that I can’t keep doing it the way that I currently do it, and my boss seems to be unwilling to make any changes for me that I need. I read this verse as I started reading a four page letter to him yesterday morning. Now I see it on here this morning with all the things I feel and struggle with. Thanks for this! I feel like it’s God telling me I’ve got you and I have your plans laid out for you… Just trust in Me, so I will as I always have tried to do. Sorry for getting off topic.
Prayers for you on this journey.

No jokes until you catch up. Being that far behind, you need not be wasting your time coming up with crap jokes.
We always need more crap jokes. Don't discourage him.

The wife asked me if I pooped myself.
I said, "Depends."

My son asked me if corn really passes undigested through the colon. Is there any truth in that?
Not a kernel.

I believe he’s been here before under a different name. I’ll remember it in a bit, because the other poster used to say the same thing about iron skillets.
There are very few original, first run screen-name trolls on here imo. Ceased to recognize them when I stopped cataloging them and started ignoring. Let them troll in a vacuum. 😴

Guys!

This might be the REAL Butch Jones
Let's kill him properly this time...
Marvel Gifs — Let's kill him properly this time.

Not any different from a Group of 5 getting a automatic berth.
Right. The Neo-Pac-Whatever could be bundled in with the Group of 5 for that same spot. Pick the highest ranked from among them.

If a Group of 5 or PAC team is in the CFP top 14, they go anyway, right? The reserve spot is superfluous in that event. But if they are ranked lower the reserved spot means someone more deserving gets pumped.

I only care if that someone is us one year. Anybody else, to hell with them.

Last edited:
Couple of these former players I’m looking forward to matching up against them. Addison lining up at center against those dtackles that’s been kicking his arse the past few years at practice. Slaughter being schemed up by Heup with trying to run with Squirrel. Possibly having Turnage trying to guard Bru or Brazzell in a playoff game against Ole Piss. Possibly having Herring trying to cover anyone in a longshot playoff game against Memphis.
Why did Slaughter leave?...was he pushed out, or was he just greedy for a few more bucks...did he sell his VFL birthright for a morsel?

What is the consensus on this because for some reason I missed it when it happened.

Why did Slaughter leave?...was he pushed out, or was he just greedy for a few more bucks...did he sell his VFL birthright for a morsel?

What is the consensus on this because for some reason I missed it when it happened.
Don’t know but I feel it was a combination of wanting a payout to stay and the coaches wanting an upgrade at safety…his preferred position.

VN Store

Back