Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I love the Smokeys...I do not understand why so may of you guys don't. I don't like em as much the Dark Modes but I do like them

I don't hate the all orange, but it is my least liked.
I don't dislike the smokeys (except last year's version). In fact, this year's looked pretty cool. I just prefer to limit the alternate uniform games to 1 per season so we can wear traditionals in the other games. And if I have to choose 1 alternate uniform, I'm going Dark Mode.

It's obvious what the problem is..they've killed it with the PC crap...it was always the male equivalent of daytime soaps.
Same folks that argue endlessly about which costumes our warriors shall wear the next week...

-m16Mw.gif

But...

qk7vg5c.gif

To each their own...I'll just never understand it. And that's ok.

I don't dislike the smokeys (except last year's version). In fact, this year's looked pretty cool. I just prefer to limit the alternate uniform games to 1 per season so we can wear traditionals in the other games. And if I have to choose 1 alternate uniform, I'm going Dark Mode.

We need to develop some alternate AWAY UNI’s. Make the players happy mostly out of town.

The difference in us and Clemson is at the top...Dabo is not Heupel.

He is nowhere near the talent developer, evaluator and basic football genius that Heupel is. He was a good CEO type that built a really good group of loyal assistants that were all those things. When his management team started to fall apart...his team on the field started to follow suit.

That plus his stubborn egocentric refusal to play the NIL game is his downfall.

In summation...He is the modern coach equivalent of Philip Fulmer.
Dabo also had ELITE coordinators at the right time.

They gone. And now he gone.

Heupel gonna Heupel. Honestly Garner is the only puzzle piece that really worries me long-term...I just hope he's mentoring a young buck to be Garner 2.0. Or we clone him...

If Nico can lead Tennessee to big wins over Georgia and Oklahoma on the road then the Heisman hype will go full stream by the Media. Remember Manziel as a RS Frosh was basically a unknown until he led TAMU to a road victory at Alabama that game basically won Johnny Football the Heisman.
OU...Bama...yes.

UGA on the road is a wild ask, even for a Heisman. Stats, stats, stats. Jayden Daniels played lights out and still lost 3 games.

Fwiw I think Nico wins Heisman next year. First year starter is highly improbable, though not impossible. Get UGA and OU at home next year...beat Bama in Tuscaloosa.

VN Store

Back