Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I still remember listening to that game on the radio. I’ll never forget that. My sis and I decided to go out and just listen to the GREAT John Ward instead of watching 😒. I remember hanging onto every John’s play by play and cheering over every touchdown. Miami was over confident from the get go.
I was in Panama with my army reserves unit. I was stuck on a remote base with not even a radio. There was a phone and you could call the air base at McGee Tyson and get a local number. I called my mom the day after the game still not having heard the score. Normally,I hate spoilers but my mom was so excited to tell me the score that it remains one of the greatest memories of my life. I got to see it on AFN that night and it was fun watching and listening to the announcers who were all Miami and knowing we were about to open a can.

I was at that one. Pouring rain. Grinning from ear to ear. Jumping and high fiving. Soaked to the bone. I was amazed when I got home and watched the recording at how well those cameras do at making the rain invisible.

Thank you so much for posting this. I watched it about 12 times.

A judge at the Olympics archery competition narrowly avoided a terrible tragedy when one of the archers misfired. Yep, it was an arrow escape.
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back