Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I loved Delta lake! We had done a 25 mile hike the day before (Cascade Canyon + Paintbrush Divide), so that last 1/4 mile of Delta that was straight uphill was absolutely brutal. It was the first time I almost didn't finish a hike, I really thought my legs wouldn't make it. And of course my overly ambitious wife wanted to finish the Amphitheater lake trail once we finished Delta. I swear there were 100 switchbacks, they just wouldn't end.

Man I loved that trip. I hope in 15 years when my boys are old enough I won't be too old to do it again.
I wish I had done all of those in my youth...instead I snorted, smoked and drank the best years of my life away, when I had the money and the health to do pretty much whatever I wanted 😢

I really hope any young people that read my posts..please don't go down that path, it seems really fun at the time, but you could be doing something truly amazing.

So many regrets..

Thought the same thing. We use our cast iron pan a ton. It was my husband’s grandmother’s pan and we got it when she passed. It’s a huge pan- like a Dutch oven. Cooks evenly and is so perfectly seasoned it’s a non-stick pan now without the chemicals. It’s probably at least 70 years old now, and was a highly coveted item.
Weird to say about an appliance, but it’s one of the things his whole family remembers from childhood about her cooking up all kinds of things.
Cooks so evenly, as much as my expensive Le Creuset, and so heavy it could easily be a weapon, too, in a pinch. 😂
One of the best things I ever ate was a peach cobbler from a Dutch oven. This was 1971-72 Boy Scout camp MacMorris dug a hole put hot coals in the bottom and covered with more coals added a light layer of dirt and left it all day.
Pulled it out later and it was fantastic!! We scraped it clean😊

Is it funny at this point? Is it no longer funny at this point? Have any of these players even missed a game for it? You’d think after someone dies it would be taken pretty seriously but it honestly feels like they’ve swept it under the rug and just ignored the continual issue. Maybe they should give the players homes instead of high performance vehicles.

Just took a job with lots of driving involved. Are there any good UT podcasts? I’m not looking for super rah rah homer ****. I love to hear about stats/analytics that make sense. Would also love analysis from good football minds, not just cousin Steve in grandma’s basement spouting his opinions. I’ve never read a VQ article that makes me think they would have a podcast I’d enjoy.

And if no UT centric podcasts meet above criteria, any general college football pods that you would recommend?

TIA

Vols:
Volquest podcast
GoVols247

General CFB:
Cover 3
Andy Staples
edit: adding Josh Pate
The Audible
College Football Nerds
The Solid Verbal
Cube Show
Unnecessary Roughness

Last edited:
They should send the 2 AZ schools back to PAC and add Memphis and Tulane to Big12

I like it!

Pac 12 to me would be:
Arizona & Arizona State
Colorado & Colorado State
Oregon & Oregon State
Washington & Washington State
Stanford & California
UNLV
New Mexico

If Oregon really wants out then get UCLA back in the mix...

VN Store

Back