Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Nice. I need to Rewatch it. Feels like it's been a while. I may do the series instead. Has he seen all of them already?
Hasn't seen the series or any new ones, little to rough for him. I even have to fast forward thru some of the first 2, especially the seen on the woods in the original. In gonna let him watch Bubba Ho-Tep pretty soon, think he's old enough now. That boy loves Bruce Campbell.

rewatched the ncsu game last night....and this may have already been discussed...but what really jumped at me this time was as the game wore on and it became more and more evident we were going to win, the effort level, never changed. it was very noticeable on defense.

i was really impressed with how hard they played late. what i got from that is two things....
1. the competition level up and down the roster has been elevated. every time someone new comes in the game, they play like they're playing for playing time. and the talent level across the board seems to be up as well as there seems to be little, if any, drop off when guys are rotated in.
2. it says the culture is in a good place. im sure there's plenty of guys that want to play more, think they should play more, but understand what the deal is. so when they get the opportunity...they go try and make the most of it. and kudos to the staff for playing as many kids thru 2 games as they have. they'll get another opportunity this week to 'empty the bench' i think.

the sheer number of kids that have played this year is such a good thing for the rest of this season and in to next. i think this is what really separates this team from other "good" teams in the recent past, including the 22 squad. the competitive depth this team has is as good as it's been in 15 or 20 years. i think we've done well in the portal. i think the overall development this staff has done has been very good, and i think there's a noticeable difference in talent level, overall.

lots of football left to play. but this team, and this program right now, in my opinion, has the foundation of what you need to be competitive at a high level.
The reps and rotation on Defense have been great. The effort, as you point out, spectacular.

It is refreshing. And it is encouraging.

I hope Heup lets the Offensive backups get some value added reps. Let them run the offense - it will make the reps that more meaningful. And it will breed more of that competition we see on defense.

I would love to see Memphis whoop on FSU

I actually would rather South Carolina win a squeaker over LSU. Force Brian Kelly into an early retirement and extend Beamer's tenure. South Carolina will not keep winning anyway.
Good points I had not considered. I just instinctively root against asshat beamer and the chickens. Wanted to see their week of big talk and CGD crash down on the them painfully.

HC Chris Klieman led NDSU to 4 consecutive FCS Championship before taking KSU job. His first couple of years was a struggle but now seems to have KSU going in the right direction.
4 out of 5. Back to back, lost in Semi's, back to back.

VN Store

Back