Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Happy Game Day fam.

September 14, 2024: You have been through a rough patch, but God encourages you: Hang in there, keep the faith, the end of your suffering is near. Be sensitive to God's leading, and do what he shows you to do. Fear and dread only make things worse, so keep a positive attitude and look with hope to the future. Hebrews 11:1-3 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Name another franchise in the entire country that gives a damn about the state university

Hint: there’s not one
I do agree with @Brillovol …the Titans are in a more desperate situation than most NFL franchises. They need significant fan support. If they drafted the better Tennessee players when they are a good option at whatever point in the draft, it would pay dividends for the strength of their fanbase. A long term strategy that could be very beneficial.

Especially now that the Volunteers will have many many high draft picks on both sides of the ball.

One problem is that coaches (Kiffin) will then have a 3rd string player designated as the 'fake injury' player who runs onto the field, fakes the injury then who cares he sits out the rest of the series.
Not sure I'm following. They're generally faking injuries so they can substitute. They're not substituting so they can fake injuries.

IIRC, wasn't the initial choice for the new franchise name gonna be Tennessee Pioneers? And didn't someone nix it as too similar to U. of Tennessee Volunteers?

But I don't remember hearing whether the Pioneers name was nixed from within the organization, or by threat of lawsuit from the university.

I do remember thinking what a unique uni could be designed using brown (for pioneers) & blue (for Memphis & MTSU) with just a little orange for highlights. Could've been an effective approach to earning some loyalties state-wide.
This wouldn’t work. If your NFL team has a multi syllable name, it needs to be able to have a good nickname such as the Bucs.

Those would have been horrendously ugly uniforms too. 😳

Disney Knows they have all everyone by the nutsack. Played this game with Spectrum last fall and when Spectrum started losing customers due to no ESPN then they gave in.
Direct TV gave us enough money to get Sling for a month, but I prefer my satellite due to internet outages on occasion. Since they made the agreement, should be a while before DTV has to deal with Disney again. We'll see how much the price goes up.

Georgia Athens/Clark County police arrested a starting cornerback (Daniel Harris) on Thursday evening for driving 106mph, not using safety belts, invalid registration, no proof of insurance, reducing the visibility of his windows, and more! This is the 27th incident involving Georgia football players since the two students were killed in January 2023. It appears that fast cars are the NIL benefits at Georgia. I would never let a child of mine play for Kirby Smart!

I do agree with @Brillovol …the Titans are in a more desperate situation than most NFL franchises. They need significant fan support. If they drafted the better Tennessee players when they are a good option at whatever point in the draft, itan adoring fanbase. would pay dividends for the strength of their fanbase. A long term strategy that could be very beneficial.

Especially now that the Volunteers will have many many high draft picks on both sides of the ball.
Nope. They're better off drafting the weird, unlikable QB that insulted the state University and also has a long history of throwing pick 6s in moments that need clutch play.

That's the ticket to an adoring fanbase.

VN Store

Back