Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Soo...can I assume they put us in primetime tonight because Nico and the recent hype have made us interesting to more CFB fans across the country?

Otherwise, I can't imagine why the heck they would want to show a massive blowout against sorry Kent St in the 7-8pm range...these kind of games are always early.
The whole time slot layout is completely turned upside down this year with the move away from CBS.

And as petty as seems, as long as the Titans draft pieces of human debris like Latham, who derrive their livelihood in TN and say intentiorally inflammatory crap like this, I will always subconsciously root against them. First it was George and Kearse. The Titans PR has always tried to paint them as the dominant football influence in the state. They are the epitome of interloper. If they ever become interested in winning over native Tennesseans they need to look across town and take a page out of the Preds book.

lol do you want them to ask players thoughts on the Vols during the pre-draft interview process? Or have a team rule where players canā€™t say bad things about UT?

One problem is that coaches (Kiffin) will then have a 3rd string player designated as the 'fake injury' player who runs onto the field, fakes the injury then who cares he sits out the rest of the series.
Yeah...but then against our offense, you would have a 3rd stringer out there on the field for 3-4 plays against our athletes...good luck with that if our guys recognize the opportunity afforded.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Is that crimson or georgia red that youā€™re wearing? Did you lose a bet and have to get completely shaved? So many questions and I have fallen far behind on VN RFā€¦
That's @Orangeredblooded's gif. She's been in the zone with @joevol33, so it's definitely georgia. He tries to get errybody to root for the dogs. šŸ¤¢

Soo...can I assume they put us in primetime tonight because Nico and the recent hype have made us interesting to more CFB fans across the country?

Otherwise, I can't imagine why the heck they would want to show a massive blowout against sorry Kent St in the 7-8pm range...these kind of games are always early.
With the new contract, ABC shows games all day, so the better ones are on ABC. Alabama plays on Fox because itā€™s at Wisconsin. OU and Texas play on ESPN. I actually donā€™t think the night games on the SECN get great ratings. The afternoon games on Saturday get better ratings.

I didn't act like that at all but he talked all off season about being smarter with the football, not playing hero ball, etc and then makes one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen in his first game. He's Jake Locker with a stronger arm and worse brain. It's not feasible to bench him right now but he's not going to make it here.

Jmo.
You're probably right, maybe a change of scenery would help Levis. He is on a rook contract so wouldn't be hard to get someone to take him.

Edit: I'm glad Titans didn't draft HH why would I want to see him playing in that misery.

And as petty as seems, as long as the Titans draft pieces of human debris like Latham, who derrive their livelihood in TN and say intentiorally inflammatory crap like this, I will always subconsciously root against them. First it was George and Kearse. The Titans PR has always tried to paint them as the dominant football influence in the state. They are the epitome of interloper. If they ever become interested in winning over native Tennesseans they need to look across town and take a page out of the Preds book.
What lmao? Are the Preds suddenly only drafting Knoxville Ice Bears players?

It's a professional franchise. It's not their job to coddle to college sports fans. I honestly can't think of a single other NFL fanbase that thinks like this.

Reactions: mrMet and knoxvol52
I didn't act like that at all but he talked all off season about being smarter with the football, not playing hero ball, etc and then makes one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen in his first game. He's Jake Locker with a stronger arm and worse brain. It's not feasible to bench him right now but he's not going to make it here.

Jmo.
He is what he has always been and always will be...a big armed guy who is a massive choker whose mind blows up at the worst moments.

I don't see how people don't understand that....he is the same QB he has always been and always will be.

I get why they have hope...he will make several splash plays and beautiful throws where he looks like one of the greats...and then he inevitably completely spazzes out and looks like Nathan Peterman against Florida.

Direct TV gave us enough money to get Sling for a month, but I prefer my satellite due to internet outages on occasion. Since they made the agreement, should be a while before DTV has to deal with Disney again. We'll see how much the price goes up.
Hubby and I signed up for Sling a couple weeks ago because we couldnā€™t do without ESPN..now we shall unsubscribe to it until if/when this happens again..šŸ˜–

He is what he has always been and always will be...a big armed guy who is a massive choker whose mind blows up at the worst moments.

I don't see how people don't understand that....he is the same QB he has always been and always will be.

I get why they have hope...he will make several splash plays and beautiful throws where he looks like one of the greats...and then he inevitably completely spazzes out and looks like Nathan Peterman against Florida.
This appears to be true. I was hoping an offseason with a decent QB coach might help him, but if anything, he looked worse in week 1 than any time last season.

VN Store

Back