Recruiting Football Talk VIII

August 2, 1979
I cried like a baby when I found out.......

"The anguish still rises unmistakably from the pages of the deposition.

In it, a witness named David Hall hesitates as he testifies, and a lawyer asks if he needs a short break. Hall declines and continues.
By the time he is done, he has provided a devastating account of the final moments in the life of Thurman Munson, the Yankees catcher who died at age 32 when the plane he was flying crashed short of the runway at Akron-Canton Airport in Ohio on Aug. 2, 1979.

Hall was in the plane when it slammed into the ground. In the deposition, he describes how in the immediate aftermath of the crash, Munson lay motionless, his head turned sideways and pressed against the instrument panel.

Munson’s neck, it turned out, had been broken by the impact. His body was paralyzed. Still, Hall testified, Munson managed to ask him and Jerry Anderson, the other passenger in the plane, if they were O.K.

And then, Hall testified, flames began to lick at the fuselage of the Cessna Citation turbojet, and Munson gasped, “Fire extinguisher.” What followed, Hall said, were the final words uttered by Munson, the hard-nosed All-Star and team captain.

“Help me, Dave,” he said."

Lot's of trials and lawsuits followed, but it can't take away the loss of "The Tugboat"

1722622434786.png

Heard it on the pod - where I believe Cain (could be somebody else) made a prediction that Nimrod starts at slot over Squirrel which would be shocking - that Chas Nimrod is now listed at 6’3, 220 lbs?

Dude has made a yuge leap physically.

Swain stated Nimrod is 3rd best WR behind Bru and Brazzell so maybe not out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
Swain stated Nimrod is 3rd best WR behind Bru and Brazzell so maybe not out of the realm of possibility.
Hubbs (I think) summed it up best IMO. First, Nimrod put in the work and looks good. Second, that Nimrod provides a more versatile role than Squirrel. He can play in or out and has added size. Better is relative, but he's an improved weapon which should help. Squirrel could easily still be the number one slot guy.

VN Store

Back