Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Heard it on the pod - where I believe Cain (could be somebody else) made a prediction that Nimrod starts at slot over Squirrel which would be shocking - that Chas Nimrod is now listed at 6’3, 220 lbs?

Dude has made a yuge leap physically.
Very highly unlikely Nimrod starts over Squirrel.

Reactions: MarcoVol
I think this is possible with Nico, because like Hooker, he throws a more catchable ball than Milton. Seamless transition from group to group. Joe’s ball took a little getting used to, to say the least.
It’s certainly possible but also goes against everything we’ve seen from CJH so far. He really seems to like having a few consistent guys rather than rotating all the time. Honestly I feel like we could benefit from rotating fresh guys in when we need to but that’s just my opinion. Maybe he figures that a worn out guy with great chemistry with his QB is still better than a fresh guy with just “good” chemistry. Who knows.

I think Heupel may play more WRs than he usually does.
I think he has to with all the talent and depth we currently have, keeping everyone happy and out of the portal at the end of the season... we'll have to give transfers some targets, along with the young studs and those who have stuck it out and returned...

It’s certainly possible but also goes against everything we’ve seen from CJH so far. He really seems to like having a few consistent guys rather than rotating all the time. Honestly I feel like we could benefit from rotating fresh guys in when we need to but that’s just my opinion. Maybe he figures that a worn out guy with great chemistry with his QB is still better than a fresh guy with just “good” chemistry. Who knows.
Agreed. It would be a new strategy compared to CJH’s norm, but I think our depth is what will win us some games this go around. We should wear them out this year.

Reactions: 25vol
There’s a real chance Hendon Hooker will end up being the 3rd/4th best qb for us this decade, if so then we’ve had a heck of a run
Maybe 3rd or 4th most raw talented or eventual NFL career...but somebody will need an absurd 190+ QBR to unseat the king from his throne among UT greats.

Dude put down B2B elite seasons unlike anyone in O&W.

57 TDs
7 INTs

All in just 23 games.

That said, there is hope under Heupel and these studs. I'm here for it.

Oh agree I was giving some backstory on how I happened upon the info of Nimrod’s physical transformation.

People always sleeping on Squirrel
Squirrel just makes plays and will continue to do so! I think Thornton has a good year. Brazzell and Bru along with Nimrod will be factors. And cannot forget about Kaleb Webb. And of course Mike Matthews will be one to watch. I think mainly a 4 WR rotation will be used but we will use other 2 recievers a lot when we are up big. I see 6 maybe 7 being able to contribute not counting tight end position or running back catches out of the backfield. But I still think we will start out with 4 primary go to guys but as season goes on others enter the fold at times.GBO

For those having trouble sleeping, as do I, my wife has had me taking a magnesium supplement about 1-2 hours before bed time. It seems to help me.

I tried melatonin but it messes with me, even the next day.
I had some luck with eye shades and even a weighted blanket.

But 99.9% all better after a month of therapy for anxiety. They gave me very simple tools to ward off middle-of-the-night mindracing and anxiety.

Now I sleep like a daggum bear. If I do wake up, I can get myself right back to sleep. No one should ever ignore or feel a sense of stigma with going to therapy. It was truly helpful.

VN Store

Back