Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Hopefully Pearce can become that dude we all know he is. So far he has been on a milk carton.
On the stat sheet, yeah but he's been influencing for sure. You can see it on replays, them focusing him causes all kind of openings for other players.

Last edited:
Why do people hate big trucks?
Hate is too strong a word.

More like "find silly" depending where they are.

When I see one on a ranch or the country I go "makes sense".

But when I see them piling into their suburban driveways with 10 feet of grass and an HOA, it just makes me laugh.

Hopefully Pearce can become that dude we all know he is. So far he has been on a milk carton.
I felt bad for Pearce yesterday truthfully. He was about to get his first sack of the season, and the tackle decided to hold the crap out of him and stop him from getting the easiest sack of his life. He needed that sack

Texas is getting a lot of love, mainly because of beating Michigan. Michigan = NCST IMO.
They began the season at #4 tbf. I'd say what they did last year is the biggest reason, along with Ewers returning.

Dismantling Michigan in the big house + uga looking ugly helped too. As does having extreme talent - roster is 75% bluechips and #4 in Team Talent. Those type of teams will get benefit of the doubt, for a reason.

All that matters is the committee though and they gave us love last time. Top 4 seed is all on us. Besides that, getting a home game would be yuuuge.

To me, it’s Nico’s awareness and speed of reads. He missed a wide open Bru on the first or second drive. Tried to force a couple passes that woulda been picked off by better DB’s. Didn’t matter, but it could in a big game. His skill level is sky high, but he still hasn’t put it all together yet. He makes up for it by insane accuracy on long throws.

He's not Hendo ‘22 yet. It’s coming tho. When it does, we’re gonna be unstoppable.
Agree 100%, Nico looks like an inexperienced qb, which he is. He will get better at that stuff as the season progresses, but you could definitely see some growing pains in him vs Nc State and Kent State

To me, it’s Nico’s awareness and speed of reads. He missed a wide open Bru on the first or second drive. Tried to force a couple passes that woulda been picked off by better DB’s. Didn’t matter, but it could in a big game. His skill level is sky high, but he still hasn’t put it all together yet. He makes up for it by insane accuracy on long throws.

He's not Hendo ‘22 yet. It’s coming tho. When it does, we’re gonna be unstoppable.
I think talent at WR across the board is better also, and that's scary. When Brazell and Thornton put it together👀

he tormented NC State's QB, despite not tallying a sack. He had a 'sack' versus KS, but got bear hugged and held.

NC State Double Teamed, and threw quick passes. Agree at some point you have to make plays, but guarantee he will get one.

Dude is ridiculous.

That's exactly right. He's being hyped and he's going to be amazing but his inexperience shows up at times. He's still been effective though which tells you just how talented he is. He'll need to get better if we're going to score a lot of points against elite defenses.

I expect Saturday to be a dogfight. We're rolling into Norman for a night game with a redshirt freshman QB making his first true road start. I know we're the better team but I don't expect it to be easy.

VN Store

Back